Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Hope your little one is doing better. Its hard to watch a pet suffer,but i guess meds are helping wit that somewhat.
My psycho lab decided to practice howling. Never in ten years has that dog made that kind of racket. I was shocked.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think we might be seeing some progress in his recovery :D:D Wife had a great night with him. He's started to move his tail some, so I'm thinking the swelling on his spine is going down, to where he's starting to get some feeling and use in his back end. Spent 15 minutes in the tub tonight just hanging out and floating. Was much calmer. But they also have gotten his pain meds right, to where he's relaxed, but not zonked out.

He doesn't like the kennel though. But at least my wife didn't get bit putting him back in there tonight. He's eating much better and perking up. :D Starts crying though when he's in the kennel. That gets our shepherd crying, which she then moves on to howling :rolleyes:

He's looking pretty happy tonight getting his momma time in :D

And here's gypsy checking on him earlier.

Last edited:

plumbcut

Equipment
BX2200 & B6200.
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
I think we might be seeing some progress in his recovery :D:D Wife had a great night with him. He's started to move his tail some, so I'm thinking the swelling on his spine is going down, to where he's starting to get some feeling and use in his back end. Spent 15 minutes in the tub tonight just hanging out and floating. Was much calmer. But they also have gotten his pain meds right, to where he's relaxed, but not zonked out.

He doesn't like the kennel though. But at least my wife didn't get bit putting him back in there tonight. He's eating much better and perking up. :D Starts crying though when he's in the kennel. That gets our shepherd crying, which she then moves on to howling :rolleyes:

He's looking pretty happy tonight getting his momma time in :D

And here's gypsy checking on him earlier.

DAMN these animals for winning us over. They become family. Not "like" family- but real family. And it causes real pain in our hearts when things arent well. DAMN them for being so cute and cuddly and loyal. Been in some real tough spots with some of our dogs of years past. Boston Terriers are what we have. Thankfully my wife works for a good vet!!!! It has saved us many thousands of dollars.

Anway glad to hear the little guy is doing better. I hope he keeps improving!

Buse

Equipment
B6100 with FEL
Oct 3, 2011
Sweden
I hope it works out for you, DT.
I and and one of my dogs have recieved the verdict no one wants to hear: There is a large cancer in his chin. It can not be operated. It has low probability in any (known) treatment. So we are just waiting for his time to run out. I haven't cried so much for many years. We just love our dogs so much..

Attachments

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
Daren, I mentioned your update to wife and she commented that one of the positives is that with this breed is it will often resolve with meds and water therapy. She mentioned that the therapy is very important and often difficult as it does cause discomfort and timely application of meds will minimize the discomfort to allow the exercise to proceed.

Buse, hang in there. I just went through the same with my best buddy. For 11 years Trek was always at my side and brain cancer ended his life. It is like a kick in the gut and leaves an empty spot in our hearts but it does get better.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Zeus got dropped off at the vets this morning for his first laser treatment. So we should have an update on him tonight :) one of the things the vet is gonna check is if he's getting any feeling back in his legs.

On a lighter note. Last night my wife was making tea. She filled up a glass full of ice and gave a cube to our shepherd :) she loves ice bones. Well gypsy saw where they came from and decided she was gonna help herself to another one.

She went to the fridge, stood up on he hind legs and pushed the lever :) she got the water dispenser instead and ended up with a face full of water :D :D she shook herself off, sat next to my wife, and cried :rolleyes: My poor wife bout fell over she was laughing so hard :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren -
Totally off topic, but I am Nashville for a family wedding.
It's HOT down here. Whew!!!
Send me back to the north, and rural living!
Now back to your regularly scheduled program, and so glad to hear Zeus is doing better.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren -
Totally off topic, but I am Nashville for a family wedding.
It's HOT down here. Whew!!!
Send me back to the north, and rural living!
Now back to your regularly scheduled program, and so glad to hear Zeus is doing better.

He's got movement in his tail and anal area. But still no deep pain receptors in his legs and feet :( Beth did pick him up a couple kennel liners, and he seems to be more comfortable in the kennel. He goes back in for a check up Monday and another laser treatment.

He has been messing with his back feet, licking and nibbling on them. So I wonder if he's starting to get some tingling back there. Beth's also gonna have the vet measure him Monday for some wheels. This way if he doesn't show any real improvement in his back end by next friday we can get him mobile when he's off lock down :)

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I hope it works out for you, DT.
I and and one of my dogs have recieved the verdict no one wants to hear: There is a large cancer in his chin. It can not be operated. It has low probability in any (known) treatment. So we are just waiting for his time to run out. I haven't cried so much for many years. We just love our dogs so much..
Beautiful and regal. Of course his last days will be difficult, yet hopefully filled with happiness and pleasure over your affection for him. It seems that's how it is with my Sofi (also a Lab), who is my faithful companion; despite her pain she is always content when she can be near to me.

DT nailed it when he started this thread with the title, "Crazy Pets"! I can't imagine anyone I know ignoring their pain and being content if they could just cuddle up with me. (Bite your tongue, Skeets!) :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Folks, I have some sad news. We lost zeus today. :( Poor guys organs started shutting down, and his body wasn't retaining any of the nutrients from his food. Little guy lost 3lbs in a week :( So after a tough call from the vet, and an even tougher call breaking the news to my wife, we had the vet put him down :( He will truly be missed :(:(

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren - so sorry.

Others, like me, will often say been there done that, but it doesn't help when you are going through it. I know, because I been there. I find myself tearing up for a dog I never met.

He had a great family, a great life, and will forever be with you. Take that to heart.

Best wishes.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I find myself tearing up for a dog I never met.
Yup.
I am so sorry for your loss, been there too many times.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Daren, there's no words for that pain. This is my firm belief. Pets are God's gift to us. How we treat them is our gift to God.

When you've done all you can do the gift is returned. And your reward is the pleasure you received from the caring of that gift, and the thanks you'll get from God for a job well done. Be Blessed.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thanks guys. That was one of the toughest decisions we ever had to make. He was only 6, and was a valentine's day present from my wife. What he lacked in size, he made up with heart and personality.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Took gypsy to the vets yesterday for a pedicure and a weighing :D

It's amazing how much she's grown since we got her.

6 weeks old and weighing 6 lbs.

9 months old, 78 lbs, loving on grandma :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well Gypsy has taken over protecting the house since we lost zeus. She's been pretty quick to dispose of a cricket or other bug that gets into the house :rolleyes:

Yesterday a bird had gotten into the sun room. Gypsy walked over and snatched it as it flew by her :eek: Guess those sessions of playing catch have paid off :D Still didn't think to much of it.

Well tonight we heard her pounce on something in the bedroom. :confused: Before we could get up to go inspect, she comes out into the living room. Pops her front legs up onto my wife's recliner, with her face right in front of my wife's face. Then proceeds to drop a mouse in my wife's lap :p:D My wife is thrilled that we have a mouser, but man I missed my opportunity for one heck of a You-Tube video :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I should have known better then to open up a bag of jelly beans :rolleyes: