Auxiliary Hydraulics

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
OK guys. Got a chance to pick up a loader that will fit my tractor with minor fabrication. :D

I'm looking for pictures from some of the folks that either have an L1500, L1501, L175 or L185 with auxiliary hydraulic pump mounted to the front of your tractor. My L1501 does have the splined shaft on the front of the engine.

I'm also looking for those folks running a loader off the standard tractor hydraulics to chime in as well. Trying to gauge my options and get a game plan together :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
OK guys. Got a chance to pick up a loader that will fit my tractor with minor fabrication. :D

I'm looking for pictures from some of the folks that either have an L1500, L1501, L175 or L185 with auxiliary hydraulic pump mounted to the front of your tractor. My L1501 does have the splined shaft on the front of the engine.

I'm also looking for those folks running a loader off the standard tractor hydraulics to chime in as well. Trying to gauge my options and get a game plan together :D
YOUR lovely counter weight up front will have to be unmounted!!!:(

I wonder if the same pump that fits a B7100 will fit that L? All of those are driven by the crank as yours will be,correct?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
YOUR lovely counter weight up front will have to be unmounted!!!:(

I wonder if the same pump that fits a B7100 will fit that L? All of those are driven by the crank as yours will be,correct?
Should be the same. Or should work :D Already figured the front bumper would have to go. But the loader would be a hell of a lot handier :D

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Oh good! Interested to see how you do it. I'll want to do the same one day! What loader did you end up with?

I had been researching running a power steering pump off that front drive and then looking into tapping the hydraulics but still half-hearted looking for a loader.

Interested to see results. Post pictures for us to follow in your foot prints! :)

- mike

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Oh good! Interested to see how you do it. I'll want to do the same one day! What loader did you end up with?

I had been researching running a power steering pump off that front drive and then looking into tapping the hydraulics but still half-hearted looking for a loader.

Interested to see results. Post pictures for us to follow in your foot prints! :)

- mike
Honestly, I'm not sure what model it is. I know it's a woods off a Massey Ferguson. Maybe the owner of it can chime in since he's on this site. :p Picking it up in a few weeks since I'm gonna be in that area any way.

Trying to get the particulars and research done while I'm waiting :)

Biggest issue is locating a pump with enough gpm that will fit in the spot. :rolleyes: Hook up won't be too bad from what I looked at tonight. Will have to get a spline count and diameter of the front shaft on the tractor. Then get with the mad doctor at the local bearing supply to see what he can come up with for a love joy or spider coupler. Of course, I'm gonna have to fab up a mount for the hydraulic pump.

Considered a belt drive, but doesn't have enough room on the side where the pump could mount :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Any one with some pictures of the front mount hydraulic pump set up on an older Kubota :confused::confused:

Anyone running there loader off the regular tractor hydraulics??? How's the performance of the loader?

Trying to make an informed decision here :D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Pictures..... it was originally on a Massey 1010 two wheel drive, then he put it on a Massey 1020, 4x4. Then he bought a Kubota with a loader and hoe and sold the 1010.

Du-Al was built in Sioux Falls, SD. Not sure when Woods purchased them.

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
For pictures of something that may help out- not on tractor though- see this thread in the classifieds. I recall some other thread recently looking for these so I'll try to find it also

For Sale - Used FEL Gear Pump w/ coupler off a Kubota L245DT. Pump works fine. The splines in the coupler are worn out.

Asking $100 or best offer plus Shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Easier than expected
Some pictures at end and perhaps you can PM that person for pictures

Tractor L245 2WD

Loader L1730 (Best I can tell)

Flex Shaft Part # 70050-00705 .

So the Flex Shaft that drives the front mounted hydraulic pump for the loader has ripped in half. The dealer said this part is no longer available and I haven't had luck finding a used one as of yet. If anyone has some experience with this issue I'd love some advice. In the perfect world I'd like to find a new or used working part (where can I look?). If that's not an option, what else can I do? Thanks for any help.

Also, why is this a flex shaft? is there really that much movement between the components that a rigid shaft would not work?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Pictures..... it was originally on a Massey 1010 two wheel drive, then he put it on a Massey 1020, 4x4. Then he bought a Kubota with a loader and hoe and sold the 1010.

Du-Al was built in Sioux Falls, SD. Not sure when Woods purchased them.
Thanks Len :) I had to factory default my phone last night. Tap talk app for the galaxy s5 is full of pop up adds :mad: Lost all the recent pics on my phone and all my contacts :rolleyes:

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello Daren
I have installed lots of loaders on the older L 225 ,L245 ,L295, L345 tractors all ran off the tractor hydraulics. Yes not as fast as a front pump, but more then acceptable. I have removed lots of front pumps and switched them over to run off the tractor hydraulics. No one has ever complained about speed.I would say it is about 60 to 70 Percent as fast as a front pump. And a lot cheaper .If you decide to run it off the tractor and need a adapter block let me know, I will send you one.
Good Luck Lance

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
For pictures of something that may help out- not on tractor though- see this thread in the classifieds. I recall some other thread recently looking for these so I'll try to find it also

Thanks Russell :D Picks solved the issue I was looking for. Was trying to figure out where they mounted the hydraulic pump. Also gives me a picture I can print off and give to the local bearing supply to give them an idea what I'm looking to do :D

I'm in luck with the local bearing supplier though. Stopped by last night just to talk to them and the new guy they hired specializes in hydraulics :D

I need some exact measurements of length, spline size, diameter, and we should be able to come up with something to make it work with whatever pump I get :cool:

I should have a working solution for those folks with obsolete parts by the time I'm finished :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hello Daren
I have installed lots of loaders on the older L 225 ,L245 ,L295, L345 tractors all ran off the tractor hydraulics. Yes not as fast as a front pump, but more then acceptable. I have removed lots of front pumps and switched them over to run off the tractor hydraulics. No one has ever complained about speed.I would say it is about 60 to 70 Percent as fast as a front pump. And a lot cheaper .If you decide to run it off the tractor and need a adapter block let me know, I will send you one.
Good Luck Lance
Thanks buddy :D:D Been wondering if it would be worth it just to use the existing hydraulics. It's not like I'll be trying to move a mountain. More like a self propelled wheel barrow :D

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Hello Daren
I have installed lots of loaders on the older L 225 ,L245 ,L295, L345 tractors all ran off the tractor hydraulics.
Yes not as fast as a front pump, but more then acceptable. I have removed lots of front pumps and
switched them over to run off the tractor hydraulics. No one has ever complained about speed.
I would say it is about 60 to 70 Percent as fast as a front pump. And a lot cheaper .
If you decide to run it off the tractor and need a adapter block let me know, I will send you one.
Good Luck Lance

Darren, that is how mine is hooked up with an adapter block....

Attachments

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
This may not apply to your needs, but having a pump mounted on the front might give you a problem if you plan to dump into a large trailer. I know on my Bx I have a bit of a problem with that. Just something to consider, Barry

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Unfortunately it looks like that block that Bill posted a picture of, doesn't look like it will fit my tractor. First picture shows how my pressure line from the hydraulic pump hooks up.

In this second picture, does anyone know what these two ports are for next to the knob? Wondering if these are for a hydraulic hook up :confused:

Attachments

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
After talking with Wolfman, I decided that I'm gonna go with auxiliary hydraulics run off the front of the engine. :)

Got the loader home yesterday, and out of the truck and into the garage today. This way I can get the tractor inside as well and start taking measurements for the sub frame.

And also pull the fan shroud so I can figure out the hydraulic pump.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Get my hydraulic fittings finally :D And they fit :cool:

Ordered two 12mm compression fittings with 1/2"NPT threads. Cut the pressure line added the fittings. Tomorrow I'll hook the subframe back up and install the loader :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk