Assisted suicide?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I guess I have too much time on my hands today. BUT I have always thought if times got tough, and I was on the way out any way, I would rather just end it than continue to suffer.

I see Austria passed some kind of law to make that possible.

Granted, I have a 12 gage that would do the job. I do not have any shells for it, but could get them easily I guess.

But what would the clean up do for the kids...not pleasant I suppose.

Why not just let people make their own decisions... and end life with those decisions?

My bad for thinking too much, but you do this when you get closer to the inevitable I guess.

EDIT: I guess this is a prime cadidate for a thread deleation...but not meant to be that way...but if the thread disappears I will understand...but not change my thinking...

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I guess I have too much time on my hands today. BUT I have always thought if times got tough, and I was on the way out any way, I would rather just end it than continue to suffer.

Granted, I have a 12 gage that would do the job. I do not have any shells for it, but could get them easily I guess.

Why not just let people make their own decisions... and end life with those decisions?

My bad for thinking too much, but you do this when you get closer to the inevitable I guess.

EDIT: I guess this is a prime cadidate for a thread deleation...but not meant to be that way...but if the thread disappears I will understand...but not change my thinking...
You're on a roll today my friend but I have to agree when the end is near it should be your choice. Just put the needle in my arm and I'll push the plunger. As far as the 12 gauge goes definitely not, you not only take your life but you ruin many others that have to deal with the aftermath.

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
The US has several assisted suicide states, especially on the left coast. You must pass certain criteria to qualify for this "service" and to relieve the doctor of any responsibility for helping you off yourself.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Henro is on a roll again. If he keeps making posts like this, I think that there might be a few or more here on the forums that will assist him!

Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Well, a man named Kevorkian felt the same way that you do, that people should be allowed to die with some dignity, if they are willing to sign an affidavit of their intent and exonerate the assistant of any and all responsibility. He got a very long prison sentence for acting on that premise, though I'm not sure how much of it he actually served. Guess I should read up on what became of ol' Jack.

It is Wikipedia, so I won't claim any expertise nor tout the article as such, but I'm sure there's a few facts in there. Dr. Death died in 2011. His prison term was about 8 years out of a 10-25 year sentence, being released only after he agreed to never even mention assisted euthanasia again. Wonder if he assisted himself?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Henro is someone I think I'd like to meet. Seems he loves stirring the biggest piles with the biggest stick.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Dr. Kevorkian died an excruciating and painful death after a battle with kidney and respiratory problems. He would have preferred to have someone assist him in ending his suffering.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Henro is someone I think I'd like to meet. Seems he loves stirring the biggest piles with the biggest stick.
Like to meet you too and everyone else here as well. All good people.

I guess I sometimes just let my feelings run loose.

But frankley, if things turn sour for me in the future, I think it could turn into the 12 gage option rather than extended suffering to appease those who would force it on me at no expense to themselves.

Maybe misguided but I thought Dr. Jack K was doing a good thing. So much for that…

I also think corona virus vaccinations are a good thing. LOL. HAD TO SAY THAT…JUST MY NATURE…LOL

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
,I'm thinking if I was going out and I knew it ,,, there might be a bunch of people looking over their shoulders

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

The muddy part is if the person trying to make that decision is not of sound mind. However that aside I agree it should be allowed.

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Just an FYI, there are “hazardous material” companies that clean accident and crime scenes. I know of a couple that organized everything down to a T.
He was the sole care giver for his Alzheimer’s wife and got a terminal cancer diagnosis.
Notes were left on the door for the Hazmat crew to call 911 on arrival. Plastic sheeting on the floor and walls, both were found with pistols in their hands, both with 1 empty casing, both obviously deceased. Family had to do nothing but settle up the affairs.

Not a cheery thought but they certainly went out on their terms.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Sir Anthony Hopkins had a line in Bram Stroker's (lol) Dracula:

"A moment's courage and it is done."

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I think its time to talk to someone more professional about how you really feel!
Is this really a tractor forum?

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
The Redneck way

"Hey Y'all watch this"

• Haha

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA
Suicide talk on tractor forums…..now ive seen it all.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Morbid issue. But consider we will make the end easier for our beloved pets. In some cases, the love for a pet is greater than that of another person.
Suicide at home, if there are others in the persons life is a terrible ordeal. Not only the shock of discovery but the police must investigate and document, even a natural death not in a medical location (ie, hospital).
While I firmly feel people should have the right to determine their own destiny, it must be done in an unselfish manner by any and all involved. Suffering in last days of life is cruel (and inhumane).

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Almost didn’t respond to this. If this is a hypothetical situation where you got bored and started having “deep thoughts with Henro day”, I’d rather not talk about it. Then again, if you got some stuff going on, offing yourself is a really bad idea, arguably with VERY rare exceptions.

I was sitting here trying to count the suicides I’ve dealt with personally (3) and professionally (got to 14 and quit; most I’d rather forget).

Couple things:
1) Eating a shotgun is very effective, highly destructive, and VERY traumatic for whoever has to deal with the aftermath, particularly whatever family member or friend finds you. Last one of those I dealt with was a 40 something female. The detective on the case (12 year veteran) and I talked for at least an hour about how that one really got to her. She took a couple weeks off after they closed the case after ruling out homicide. The decedent’s husband found her, and last I heard had no clue what her motive was. He having a much worse time of it.

2) If this is a serious thought, even if you have a “good” reason, you really need to talk to someone other than a bunch of people on an anonymous tractor forum. And you need to let someone you trust and who cares about you hold on to that shotgun for a while. If you don’t have any shells, doesn’t sound like you really need it very often anyway.

Again, if this is purely hypothetical, not responding further on this subject to you or anyone else. If not quite all hypothetical, I’m probably not the person you need to talk to, but if you think got nobody else, hit me up. Even if you think you’re on an island, you’re not.

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA
Knew a nice and by all indications, pretty happy family in my neighborhood for close to 40 years. About 10 years ago, the mother committed suicide by car in the closed garage.
Since that happened in the last 10 years, the husband became a raging drunk and eventually died, destitute from substance abuse. The daughter is a drug infested mess and a tramp. The son has managed to keep it together somewhat and kept a job at the extended family business.
Suicide is selfish. It is the ultimate F-U and destroys many who one purports to love, in its wake. Its so sad to think about this family. They had it all, or so it seemed.

• Wow

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I was just commenting on an article I read, but have often thought if a person is hurting bad (with doctors telling him there is no hope) he should have the same option as our pets have.

Frankly I would not use the shotgun. Perhaps argon from my tig welder and a plastic bag over my head? Never really considered it, and have no need currently, fortunately. Hopefully never will.

Hopefully none of us here will.

Last edited: