Are You Going to? How many? What Kinds? How Often? - ROFLMAO

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Masks that doctors wear prevent large droplets of bodily fluids that may contain viruses or other germs from escaping via the nose and mouth. These masks are specific for their job and are changed often. The mask can't stop a virus transmitted through normal breathing.

Mask mandated by local gov'ts and stores are not uniform and therefore illustrate that it is more of a panacea than a deterrence from infection. I have seen bandanas used as well as people wearing masks under their nose. Masks inhibit oxygen flow and trap germs and do more damage to a person than helping.
I'll chance a 99.9xx% survival rate all day long than restrict my personal freedoms.
Flat Earth Syndrome... You know what you know...

Reactions: 1 user

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
We got our 2nd Moderno this morning. So far no side effect. I do keep having a sense of being watched now :eek:

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Worked a full day today then washed and did a spay wax on my F150.
No side effects or anything. Alls good in the vaccine world. I had one customer from Penn call me about picking up an order in a couple weeks. I asked about any vaccine yet. He said monday he and his wife had got the Johnson and Johnson and absoulty no issues. He said before the military sent him overseas he had a sheet and a half of vaccines. Five or six in a row he said. He name off crap I'd never heard of. lol.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
24 hrs after my second shot I had a day of lethargy and tiredness but today, 48 hrs later, I am back to normal. Wife had no side effects at all.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Woke up this morning, 100 temp, slight headache, and I'm tired. Even after sleeping good last night, I could go back to bed. It will be 24 hours at 9AM, hoping to follow the path of others and wake up Saturday morning feeling fine.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Woke up this morning, 100 temp, slight headache, and I'm tired. Even after sleeping good last night, I could go back to bed. It will be 24 hours at 9AM, hoping to follow the path of others and wake up Saturday morning feeling fine.
Hang in brother, it will pass

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wife & I got 2nd doses Moderna, no reaction except sore arm for a couple days.
MIL got 2nd Pfizer, no reaction at all.
FIL got 2nd Moderna, no reaction at all.
Friend & his adult son got 2nd Pfizer, they were sick for 2 days- body aches, nausea, no energy.
Weird the different effects people experience.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I can only imagine how the actual virus would have affected those that have those unpleasant reactions from the vaccinations. ?? It's possible that they could have been seriously sick with the actual virus.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I can only imagine how the actual virus would have affected those that have those unpleasant reactions from the vaccinations. ?? It's possible that they could have been seriously sick with the actual virus.
Or maybe vice versa. The unpleasant vaccine reactions are attributed to the body's vigorous immune response to a foreign invader. Some even think it is a good thing. The different responses are due to different characteristics of individual immune systems.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Magic - -

You can’t make a correlation or prediction between vaccine reactions and actual COVID infection severity in an individual.

It is a very interesting and understandable theory....

I spoke with someone today that had bad Moderna reactions both 1 and 2.

They often get flu-like illness each year, even after getting flu shots earlier, which they typically have adverse reactions to as well.

Usually some kind of mild flu/feverish-type illness after any vaccination is an indication of immune-response...that’s a good thing, although a discomfort.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Hang in brother, it will pass
It has passed. I woke up this morning and fever is gone, no aches, still a slight headache, but we also having storms and seasonal allergies so this little headache most likely has nothing to do with the vaccine.

My dad received his J&J shot the same day I received mine (about an hour apart from one another) and he had ZERO side effects. Talked to him twice yesterday and he was out shopping, taking the zero turn to the farm to do some mowing, and had no complaints.

Now, it could be that dad is just a much tougher character than myself (they don't make'm like they use to) or that he was fortunate enough not to have any side effects.

Either way, we both are now vaccinated and ready to get life back to normal. Can't wait to throw this mask in the garbage can.

Reactions: 1 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
You can’t make a correlation or prediction between vaccine reactions and actual COVID infection severity in an individual.
Yup, I was only speculating because no one actually knows nor maybe will ever know. ??

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yup, I was only speculating because no one actually knows nor maybe will ever know. ??
True. Like I said, interesting question. Like you said, speculation, and there will be a lot of that for a while.

Maybe we’ll know more as time goes on.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
My dad received his J&J shot the same day I received mine (about an hour apart from one another) and he had ZERO side effects. Talked to him twice yesterday and he was out shopping, taking the zero turn to the farm to do some mowing, and had no complaints.

Now, it could be that dad is just a much tougher character than myself
(they don't make'm like they use to) or that he was fortunate enough not to have any side effects.
As a father myself I can assure you that is most certainly the case. You will realize that at some point after you have children...or after they grow up if you already have them! ROFL...

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
As a father myself I can assure you that is most certainly the case. You will realize that at some point after you have children...or after they grow up if you already have them! ROFL...
Yeah, our daughter is 21. I've hit over the half century mark, and will completely agree each generation before me was tougher than I (I was one of the lucky ones that had two great-grandpas and two grandpas alive for years; my one great-grandpa passed away after I graduated high school and my last grandpa died in the early 90s so I consider myself very blessed to have them in my life for such a long period).

My daughter has went from the stage of life where I was the stupidest man on earth to the point that old dad might actually know a thing or two.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yes, maturity does things like that. This life's road can have strange twists, some of which can be very heartfelt. Enjoy them when they come your way.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
One odd aspect of age however is as you age you become more gullible.

Two studies show that the aging brain is not able to process scams or misleading information. Professor Shelley Taylor of the University of California, Los Angeles, conducted one of the studies. The study data showed that a brain section known as the anterior insula makes the elderly more susceptible to scams.

Seniors are Less Likely to Doubt or Process Visually Deceptive Information

This study data and a survey carried out earlier in the year by the University of Iowa researchers were telling. It showed that the Ventromedial prefrontal cortex's aging leads to a lesser ability to process skepticism and doubt in visual information.

This is one of the reasons it is so easy to "dazzle" old people with fancy charts and numbers. You show them some made up hockey stick graph and get them all scarred and worked up very easily.

Reactions: 2 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Maybe us older folks learned to tr
I would consider that an opinion rather than a fact.

Us older folks learned to trust at an early age and grew up trusting that a man's handshake was a symbol of trust.

Rather than being "gullible" maybe us older folks simply have not learned to "distrust".

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You know I find that interesting, as I remember many time when I was younger (in my 50's probably) hearing things my father voiced opinions about, and thinking to myself "guess you get set in your thinking when you age..."

Thinking back, I now see it was his life experience speaking, and he was seeing things that I did not, as I was more likely to just accept things at face value.

NOW I realize that what I thought was a biased opinion was likely an expression of the way things actually were, when smoke was eliminated from the picture. I now believe I was not as able to see through the smoke as well as the old man was.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Maybe us older folks learned to tr

I would consider that an opinion rather than a fact.

Us older folks learned to trust at an early age and grew up trusting that a man's handshake was a symbol of trust.

Rather than being "gullible" maybe us older folks simply have not learned to "distrust".
Google it.

It is based on many many studies.