Anyone have one of these?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I don't have one, but it appears to be nothing more than a diverter valve that you would add to the 3rd function valve. I guess that it is an OK item, but think about how often you need to change the hoses to use them with a different appliance. If you can justify the cost and the plumbing change expense, then I say go for it. If it could be incorporated into the 3rd function valve easily I would consider it, but I can see it being a plumbing nightmare to get it set up properly.

Reactions: 1 user

6feettogo

Equipment
B2650
Apr 22, 2020
Newman Lake, Wa
I don't have one, but it appears to be nothing more than a diverter valve that you would add to the 3rd function valve. I guess that it is an OK item, but think about how often you need to change the hoses to use them with a different appliance. If you can justify the cost and the plumbing change expense, then I say go for it. If it could be incorporated into the 3rd function valve easily I would consider it, but I can see it being a plumbing nightmare to get it set up properly.
It definitely doesn't take long to change the hoses. Just every time I do some fluid is lost and when I have the grapple on I usually have the back blade on for counter weight.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Can you economically buy 1 or 2 'rear remotes' for your tractor ?
I've had a single mechanical diverter on one tractor...semi pain but little 'ok'.
rear remotes might be a 'cleaner' setup ?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I have a 3rd function remote but when I want to use either my hydraulic top link or my grapple fork I have to change the hoses. Not a big deal but it would be nice just to flip a lever. Does anyone have one of these and if so does it work pretty good?
The secret to the manual diverters used as you want, is to have the diverter in easy reach from the seat.
Then simply run the hoses accordingly. ;)

If it were me, I would probably mount it on the roll bar just because it would be the easiest.
But maybe on the fender below the joystick? :unsure:

Good luck.

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
It is just a manual diverter valve with quick disconnects on it. I agree with the very hydraulically experienced poster above me that the key is to put the valve within reach of the seat, but that MAY not be where you want your quick disconnects, so you reallu have to look at the whole picture to know whether this is any better than a manual diverter by itself, quick disconnects by themselves, and your choice of hose or hard line in between so you can put BOTH ends exactly where you want them.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Maybe I’m just not understanding. Why not run the hydraulic top link with rear remote and grapple with 3rd function. I wouldn’t be saving anything by using one of these Manual Hydraulic Multipliers plus plumbing and hose costs. I am also in Canada so maybe that’s the reason I’m finding it hard to understand lol. Quick search for that valve in Canada I found this. Not sure what your cost is in USA. Sure isn’t the route I’d take but if you think it’s gonna be cost effective and work I guess why not. It’s your tractor.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Maybe I’m just not understanding. Why not run the hydraulic top link with rear remote and grapple with 3rd function. I wouldn’t be saving anything by using one of these Manual Hydraulic Multipliers plus plumbing and hose costs. I am also in Canada so maybe that’s the reason I’m finding it hard to understand lol. Quick search for that valve in Canada I found this. Not sure what your cost is in USA. Sure isn’t the route I’d take but if you think it’s gonna be cost effective and work I guess why not. It’s your tractor.
Agree. Adding a single spool manual valve to the loader is maybe $300.

Dan

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I've used similar and they do the job they are designed for. I was thinking to add something like them to my front remotes to operate my SSQA levers.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I've used similar and they do the job they are designed for. I was thinking to add something like them to my front remotes to operate my SSQA levers.
My L48 TLB came to me (used) with a manual diverter valve, for that specific purpose.....to "operate my SSQA levers".
No need to dismount to lock/unlock.
I love it !!!!

Reactions: 1 users

6feettogo

Equipment
B2650
Apr 22, 2020
Newman Lake, Wa
The cost is only a little over $300 and if I did get it it would be mounted on top of the 3rd function valve so it would be easy to get to.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The cost is only a little over $300 and if I did get it it would be mounted on top of the 3rd function valve so it would be easy to get to.
That is essentially where my diverter valve is mounted.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
The secret to the manual diverters used as you want, is to have the diverter in easy reach from the
Reminds me of years ago... digging a curtain drain in a soupy back yard with an old Massy F. 2WD

It just about took 2 of us to run the thing...... Me on the hoe and my buddy up front flipping the diverter to lift the bucket and move forward and hand out cold beers... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
My L48 TLB came to me (used) with a manual diverter valve, for that specific purpose.....to "operate my SSQA levers".
No need to dismount to lock/unlock.
I love it !!!!

Now that's something i'd love to have. Getting lazy at my "old" age lol I'm way too used to the quick disconnects on our loaders and backhoes :LOL:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Now that's something i'd love to have. Getting lazy at my "old" age lol I'm way too used to the quick disconnects on our loaders and backhoes :LOL:
There is a bit of a downside to the diverter/remote hydraulic lock.
It is possible to activate the hyd. lock, but only one pin will lock.
This cannot be observed from the operator station, and will twist/tilt the bucket, likely bending some metal kinda things.
Ask me how I know this!

• Wow

6feettogo

Equipment
B2650
Apr 22, 2020
Newman Lake, Wa
The tractor does not have a rear remote. I added the 3rd function originally so I could use the hydraulic top link and then I bought the grapple fork.