May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Covid too controversial?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
OK.. which party do I blame for my present COVID-19 infection? Even my doctor didn't want to see me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
OTT did a noble thing when Henros Let them Die thread was allowed to run. Yes it got political, testy and out of control at times but the discussion was valuable - sometimes it good to step up to the plate.

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
OTT did a noble thing when Henros Let them Die thread was allowed to run. Yes it got political, testy and out of control at times but the discussion was valuable - sometimes it good to step up to the plate.
That's the thing, such debate is essential if civilization is to survive. Preventing (censoring) such debate just pushes people to the echo chambers that reinforce their usually biased and uninformed opinions. Debating and being exposed to other views and information is the only way that people grow, and the only thing working to prevent the mindless us vs. them mentality.

Reactions: 3 users

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
But, this is a TRACTOR forum, not FB, no need for it here. And, yes, I know I will catch crap for that, so fire away. This is why i am not on FB or any other antisocial media.

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
There is a forum that is very active and allows political debate among other things such as Snow Cats. Go to www.forumsforums.com and when you register list Junkman as having recommended you. Since it doesn't compete with this forum I don't believe that I have violated any of the rules of this forum.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have no idea specifically what thread we are talking about.

I do wish there was a separate forum/location which would list deleted threads and posts, closed of course so no replies could be made, just to help others here who participate, especially me, understand what is not acceptable. Or at least what we are talking about when the subject comes up about a specific post/thread.

Maybe such posts/threads could be displayed there for a limited time, say a couple weeks or a month, and then be permanently deleted.

A one line explanation from a moderator why the thread/post was deleted would also be helpful.

Guess I'll have to wait until next Christmas to see if my wish is fulfilled...somehow I feel I am going to end up with a lump of coal...LOL

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have no idea specifically what thread we are talking about.

I do wish there was a separate forum/location which would list deleted threads and posts, closed of course so no replies could be made, just to help others here who participate, especially me, understand what is not acceptable. Or at least what we are talking about when the subject comes up about a specific post/thread.

Maybe such posts/threads could be displayed there for a limited time, say a couple weeks or a month, and then be permanently deleted.

A one line explanation from a moderator why the thread/post was deleted would also be helpful.

Guess I'll have to wait until next Christmas to see if my wish is fulfilled...somehow I feel I am going to end up with a lump of coal...LOL
Be happy !!!
The price of coal is now rising. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have seen the demise of several good HD sites that allowed an open forum. And it got way out of hand, to the point of verbal as well as physical threats to other members, and the site just shut down, wasnt worth the BS.