Another locked thread, lOL

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA
Just for the youngsters. Check out this link if interested. Magic carpet ride, the pusher, born to be wild, and so on are some of my favorites, although I have not thought about them in decades:

Edit: I guess if you skip the advertisements you can enjoy. the first song was America...which is another favorite of mine....that is something I never thought of on my end, and just remembered...

Whew, way older music than me. That’s for the real old timers.
Is that like back with “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida“ or The Monkeys? Lol

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Is that like back with In A Gadda Da Vida or The Monkeys? Lol
Hey, it’s not The Monkeys, it’s The Monkees! https://www.monkees.com/
Got to show some respect for great music icons like Micky Dolenz. 😉 They even had a TV show and yes, I saw them first run. Did The Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin or Skynyrd have their own TV show? Of course not! Not because they weren’t prime time ready for late 60’s TV, because they weren’t The Monkees.

And yes, that’s the music I grew up with but whether I’m a “real old timer” or not depends on who I’m hanging out with at the moment. Still have a year or two before I qualify for the lowest levels of Senior discounts at stores, but I know a party line ain’t as much of a good time as a pig pickin.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Did The Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin or Skynyrd have their own TV show? Of course not! Not because they weren’t prime time ready for late 60’s TV
I don’t think any show they coulda made woulda been shown on TV back then 🤣. Was MTV around 🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I also fail to understand the thread being locked.

Perhaps someone (moderator) could educate us as to the specific reason for a thread being locked, so we could possibly avoid that transgression in the future.

That would seem to make sense, but that is just me.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I also fail to understand the thread being locked.

Perhaps someone (moderator) could educate us as to the specific reason for a thread being locked, so we could possibly avoid that transgression in the future.

That would seem to make sense, but that is just me.
I have always felt forums should have a LOCKED THREADS section, with guidance as to why each thread was locked...For member learning/instructional purposes

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Is that like back with “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida“ or The Monkeys? Lol
I actually saw them play at the Fillmore East in NYC. That was in the early 1970's. I guess I am getting on in years, but they have all been good years in retrospect. And I still have “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida“ on vinyl and play it once in a while, along with other music from that era. The most enduring music from those days for me is Jimi Hendrix.

I realize that is quite a hijack of this thread, but it was not going anywhere and needed a little civility.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Yeah us old farts love the music from the 60’s and 70’s :cool:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I had to get a post in before this one got locked. Just made it, I think.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I actually saw them play at the Fillmore East in NYC. That was in the early 1970's. I guess I am getting on in years, but they have all been good years in retrospect. And I still have “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida“ on vinyl and play it once in a while, along with other music from that era. The most enduring music from those days for me is Jimi Hendrix.

I realize that is quite a hijack of this thread, but it was not going anywhere and needed a little civility.
I remember listening to music my parents liked, when in my early teens, which I suppose was from the 40s, early 50s. It was of no interest to me at all.

Now I wonder if music from my younger years is the same to people of my children's age. LOL.

I want to think that music from the 60s and 70s actually has some meaningful social content, compared to the love songs my parents listened to...For example, such as the Steppenwolf song America:

America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now

We can't fight alone against the monster

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
It was of no interest to me at all.

Now I wonder if music from my younger years is the same to people of my children's age. LOL.
Yes 😂

Although I will listen to Zeppelin,Pink Floyd and Zappa on occasion.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don’t think any show they coulda made woulda been shown on TV back then 🤣. Was MTV around 🤔😂
I remember when MTV started....

Didn't have cable at home, but there was in the bar at the restaurant I worked at.

Saw MTV and ESPN there.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
And, Deep Purple and EL&P are on my list as well...
I liked Deep Purple and after that, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.

Used to know Ronnie James Dio. Sang for Rainbow, then Black Sabbath after Ozzie got canned.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Felt a little sorry for you when you said you had to search for EL&P, but I’m right there with you on Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbows. 🤔
back to searching 🤣
I noticed Chanceywd liked my post earlier.

He's from my neck of the woods, and may remember Ronnie Dio when he was still local to Central New York. He was Ronnie Padavona back then.

The band was Elf, if I remember right.

Chanceywd and I graduated from the same high school.....he just beat me to it by 10-12 years.....:)

Reactions: 1 users