Another locked thread, lOL

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I guess of all the forms of censorship OTT uses the "locked thread" is the least offensive to me (assuming they don't change the content).

The individual deleted posts are bad and really bad when you have no idea it is being done. Makes you wonder what else they are censoring/deleting.

Editing/snipping of posts is the worst type of censorship. Like Couric "snipping" a little of RGB's quote to fit the woke narrative.

Reactions: 1 users

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA
I guess of all the forms of censorship OTT uses the "locked thread" is the least offensive to me (assuming they don't change the content).

The individual deleted posts are bad and really bad when you have no idea it is being done. Makes you wonder what else they are censoring/deleting.

Editing/snipping of posts is the worst type of censorship. Like Couric "snipping" a little of RGB's quote to fit the woke narrative.
Over at TBN, they call it thread “pruning”. Much more sophisticated lol:rolleyes:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Over at TBN, they call it thread “pruning”. Much more sophisticated lol:rolleyes:
And over at TBN.......they "ban" posters, for a week/two weeks/ a month/etc.
EXCEPTIONALLY CHILDISH !!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Its a shame what they did to you over at TBN! Yeah a real shame because now your here.

• Haha

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I noticed Chanceywd liked my post earlier.

He's from my neck of the woods, and may remember Ronnie Dio when he was still local to Central New York. He was Ronnie Padavona back then.

The band was Elf, if I remember right.

Chanceywd and I what dograduated from the same high school.....he just beat me to it by 10-12 years.....:)
Monkees and Zappa in a tractor forum thread - amazing. Preceeding The Monkees we had The Turtles. For the geezer music trivia buffs what do The Turtles and Frank Zappa have in common? That should be an easy one for a real geezer.

Dan

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Monkees and Zappa in a tractor forum thread - amazing. Preceeding The Monkees we had The Turtles. For the geezer music trivia buffs what do The Turtles and Frank Zappa have in common? That should be an easy one for a real geezer.

Dan
They were in the Mothers Of Invention........ Flow and Eddie back in NY FM radio WNEW.

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Its a shame what they did to you over at TBN! Yeah a real shame because now your here.
He got exactly what he earned at TBN... Couldn't discuss any subject without spreading the tribal diatribe; which, btw, I see is quite popular here as well.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I have always felt forums should have a LOCKED THREADS section, with guidance as to why each thread was locked...For member learning/instructional purposes
I find it amazing how much that concept isn't understood.

Company I work for routinely does "phishing" tests - they send fake emails that you're supposed to identify. They also do other things to rank your security risk. When I saw mine I saw a test failure (I've never fallen for a phishing email) and a surprisingly low score. But our security department adamantly refused to tell me what I had failed or what my potential risks were. Apparently telling me was a risk (???)

So how exactly am I supposed to fix whatever it is they think is broken???

If you don't know what you did wrong, you can never learn from your mistakes. Applies everywhere.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya wana know what is really fun aout music from the 60's. When the grand kids come in with a redo of one and say hey listen to this,,,, And then you dig out the album and play them the original,, the looks are like WTH ???? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users