An interesting observation

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I build custom stabilizers, as some of you know. I have built somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 sets. I haven't set down and counted, but I feel safe to say that 95% of them have been for Kubota's.
This is where it gets interesting- most other manufacturers still put turnbuckles on their smaller tractors. The only one who uses telescoping stabilizers on their small tractors is LS, and they are poorly designed.
So, I would expect to sell to customers with many different makes. But, I don't. What I observe from that is that Kubota must be selling a LOT more tractors than the other manufacturers are. I have never seen sales numbers, and I don't know if they can be unearthed. My experience, though, leads me to believe that Kubota is an extremely popular brand.
And that while people complain about Kubota still equiping their tractors with turnbuckles, so do (almost) all other manufacturers. Including the green one, and theirs are so short, telescoping stabilizers can't be made to work. JD is the only manufacturer making them that short (8" from mounting pin to mounting pin).

Last edited:

PrairieSoul

Equipment
B2920 BX2755HD LA364FL BH65
Dec 23, 2013
Manitoba
I did some searching and found a couple of websites that state Kubota's share is estimated at 50 % of the US market for compact tractors.

There is a news release from Kubota dated July 28 2011 that states;

TORRANCE, Calif. (July 28, 2011) –As Kubota Corporation, Osaka, Japan, begins to celebrate 40 years in the United States, the global equipment manufacturer hits another milestone as its U.S. distributor Kubota Tractor Corporation, Torrance, Calif., announces it has retailed 1.5 million Kubota units in America.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
We have a very aggressive Kioti deaer in our area, so I see a lot of them around here.

Just curious if you're on any other tractor forums? If not, I'd say that is why you have such a skewed number. Or maybe the non Kubota guys aren't smart enough to realize they need your stabilizers, jk.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
We have a very aggressive Kioti deaer in our area, so I see a lot of them around here.

Just curious if you're on any other tractor forums? If not, I'd say that is why you have such a skewed number. Or maybe the non Kubota guys aren't smart enough to realize they need your stabilizers, jk.

Ben,

Hodge is one several other forums, and is quit popular there too. I'm gonna stick with the your last comment ! People of non-orange AREN'T smart enough to realize they need the stabilizers!:eek: If when I take my hoe off and start using the 3point, I too will call upon Hodge to see bout getting a pair of those "hellava lot faster adjusting stabilizers!"

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
Well one thing I do know, your product speaks for itself! The best of quality, and best in service! That is one reason for your success, it is refreshing to see the type of service you and others provide these days. Thanks to these forums, word of mouth goes a long way, granted, Kubota is a very popular brand, and I think that with your product, as well as a few other suppliers make ownership so much more efficient, and productive. Granted, they are "niche" items, but there is definitely a market for them. People like you make life simpler for others, I thank you for that! It is so nice to see innovation being utilized as it should be. What may have started as a napkin drawing, being followed through and hopefully successfully!
Thinking back to the old 318 JD I had a few years back it would often take longer to change out implements with pins, bushings, pry bars, skinned knuckles, some very bad language, and generally filthy dirty from having to lay under things to get them to fit right, than usually the time the implement was needed for.
Again ,Thank you for your outstanding product and great service.

Cheers

Roger