Am I Missing Some Parts from my 3 Point Setup?

4WDuke

Equipment
Kubota B7001
Nov 19, 2021
Canberra, Australia
Hey guys,

Sorry about the pics below not being perfect. I'm currently separated from my tractor by a flooded bridge so I'm hoping they're good enough for the advice sought!

I'm a newby and my tractor is a remanufactured Kubota B7001 (grey import into Australia, I believe it's an Asian market model number and almost identical to the B7100). I'm pretty sure the adjustable / turnbuckle limiting arms on for the lower 3 Point arms were attached in the wrong spot when I got it. They were attached right next to the ball joints mounting the lower arms to the tractor, hence even on their tightest (shortest) setting they were loose, the implements moved sideways and the lower arms rubbed on the rear tyres. The close up pic of the left side setup shows how it came and the yellow arrow is where I moved the collar that the limiting arms attach to. I also flipped the collars over so the D shackle mounts to the outer edge of them and now the limiting arms sit about where the red line is I've drawn on the photo. It has enough adjustment and controls the movement so there is no more rubbing.

The bit that seems wrong however, is that in the previous setup, the collars the limiting arms mount to were also spacers between the ball joints on the lower arms and the tractor mounts, so it held the lower 3 Pt arms in a pretty fixed position on the tractor end. Now with the collars in between the 2 tractor mounts / tractor eyelets, the ball joints on the tractor end of the 3 Pt arms are free to move about 4cm (1 1/2") left or right. In fact if one moved inwards, the whole rod that mounts the assembly to the tractor could move across the same distance so the opposite side could move outwards twice as far (about 8cm or 3"). I used the flail mower for a few hours like that and didn't have any problems (nothing seemed to move), but it just seems like it is missing some spacers?

IMG_0294001.jpg
3 Point Arm - Copy.jpg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
form the first picture, my gut says the arms need to be swapped left for right, right for left...

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey guys,

Sorry about the pics below not being perfect. I'm currently separated from my tractor by a flooded bridge so I'm hoping they're good enough for the advice sought!

I'm a newby and my tractor is a remanufactured Kubota B7001 (grey import into Australia, I believe it's an Asian market model number and almost identical to the B7100). I'm pretty sure the adjustable / turnbuckle limiting arms on for the lower 3 Point arms were attached in the wrong spot when I got it. They were attached right next to the ball joints mounting the lower arms to the tractor, hence even on their tightest (shortest) setting they were loose, the implements moved sideways and the lower arms rubbed on the rear tyres. The close up pic of the left side setup shows how it came and the yellow arrow is where I moved the collar that the limiting arms attach to. I also flipped the collars over so the D shackle mounts to the outer edge of them and now the limiting arms sit about where the red line is I've drawn on the photo. It has enough adjustment and controls the movement so there is no more rubbing.

The bit that seems wrong however, is that in the previous setup, the collars the limiting arms mount to were also spacers between the ball joints on the lower arms and the tractor mounts, so it held the lower 3 Pt arms in a pretty fixed position on the tractor end. Now with the collars in between the 2 tractor mounts / tractor eyelets, the ball joints on the tractor end of the 3 Pt arms are free to move about 4cm (1 1/2") left or right. In fact if one moved inwards, the whole rod that mounts the assembly to the tractor could move across the same distance so the opposite side could move outwards twice as far (about 8cm or 3"). I used the flail mower for a few hours like that and didn't have any problems (nothing seemed to move), but it just seems like it is missing some spacers?

View attachment 76570 View attachment 76571
Can't say if you are missing parts but I believe the collars should be inside the ears on the tractor where you moved them. Here is a B7200 for comparison.

Dan

20220315_110454[1].jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
as Greensvillejay said above, I too believe your arms are reversed
Interesting. I looked at the parts diagrams for both the B7100 and B7200, Neither match what I have on my B7200 (pictured above). I purchased the tractor with about 400 hours on the clock and as far as I know it was 100% stock. In the parts diagram below the turnbuckles are shown on the outside of the lift arms but the attaching ears are shown on the inside. There is no sign of the piece with two ears used in the center on mine. Something seems to be amiss here. Any explanations for the discrepancy?

Dan

B7200_3pt_linkage.png

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Your turnbuckles look 'nonOEM'... similar to ones used in hydro pole installs.
Yes - the OEM turnbuckles were replaced when teh threads wore out. But you will find many pictures of B7200 and B8200 tractors with this exact hitch setup and the OEM turnbuckles. The B7300 parts diagram shows something very similar - turnbuckles iclearly nside lift arms.

Dan

b7300_3pt_linkage.png

Last edited:

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I was looking at the lift arm ends and the holes don't seem to line up straight with each other and par. to rear axle when arms curved inwords.
reverse the arms and I think the holes at end of lift arms will line up straight so draw bar or whatever connected will be par. to rear axle, etc... but hard to tell on my little screen and pic's

Reactions: 1 user

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You have aftermarket lift arms, and the stabilizers have been relocated outboard of the lift arms.
Can you post some better photos of your 3 point hitch?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you set it up like this pic that The Old Hokie put up it will work for you.
You'll just need to make a couple sleeves to replace the one's that are on the outside holding the turn buckle bracket now.

Capture.JPG

4WDuke

Equipment
Kubota B7001
Nov 19, 2021
Canberra, Australia
I know, it seems crazy, but the 2nd picture, the 3pt stuff looks Ford blue NOT Kubota grey, well to me.
Maybe! It's been through a 3rd party remanufacturing line in Japan before import to Australia, so blue might have been the handy paint can at the time! But I also wouldn't be surprised if that means there were non genuine parts used in the remanufacturing process.

4WDuke

Equipment
Kubota B7001
Nov 19, 2021
Canberra, Australia
Can't say if you are missing parts but I believe the collars should be inside the ears on the tractor where you moved them. Here is a B7200 for comparison.

Dan
Thanks. Looks like you are also running without the spacers I suspect I'm missing (I suspect they should be where the red arrows point on the copy of your pic below. It looks like the ball joints on the lift arms could move left and right and if so that the rod they're all threaded onto could move?

B7200 3 Pt Setup.JPG

The B7200 parts diagram you posted appears to show the spacer (circled in the copy below - although that diagram isn't clear if it sits inboard or outboard of the lift arms) and they also appear to be there as part no 130 on the B7300 diagram above (inboard of the lift arms).

Where did you access the parts diagram? They're much clearer than the pdf versions I've found for the B7100.

B7200 3 Pt Parts Diagram w possible spacer.JPG

4WDuke

Equipment
Kubota B7001
Nov 19, 2021
Canberra, Australia
If you set it up like this pic that The Old Hokie put up it will work for you.
You'll just need to make a couple sleeves to replace the one's that are on the outside holding the turn buckle bracket now.
Thanks. I think I can now confirm that I fumbled my way through relocating the turn buckle brackets correctly and I now need to cut a couple of bits of pipe as replacement spacers for Part No 130 from that B7300 parts diagram.

Thanks everyone - you've been very helpful!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks. Looks like you are also running without the spacers I suspect I'm missing (I suspect they should be where the red arrows point on the copy of your pic below. It looks like the ball joints on the lift arms could move left and right and if so that the rod they're all threaded onto could move?

View attachment 76622

The B7200 parts diagram you posted appears to show the spacer (circled in the copy below - although that diagram isn't clear if it sits inboard or outboard of the lift arms) and they also appear to be there as part no 130 on the B7300 diagram above (inboard of the lift arms).

Where did you access the parts diagram? They're much clearer than the pdf versions I've found for the B7100.

View attachment 76623
The lift arms cannot move sideway because the are pulled inward by the turnbuckles. The cross pin could move inside the arms and supports put it would have no effect on the arms. No spacers needed.

Plus the diagram does not match whats on my tractor. The parts diagrams are all online at Kubota.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
posting the B7100 setup... clearly what the OP has isn't B7100 parts.
be interesting to KNOW what it is..perhaps 'grey market' units used different parts ??

Attachments

4WDuke

Equipment
Kubota B7001
Nov 19, 2021
Canberra, Australia
posting the B7100 setup... clearly what the OP has isn't B7100 parts.
be interesting to KNOW what it is..perhaps 'grey market' units used different parts ??
Quite possibly... but... The B7100 owners manual shows 2 low resolution photos where you really can't make all the parts, but the 3 point is clearly set up differently between the pics. Then the B7100 wksp manual looks different again. Maybe the B7001 was set up differently, maybe worn parts were changed for non standard ones when mine was remanufactured, and maybe Kubota made mid model changes. The importer of mine also brought in B6001s, (all direct from the remanufacturing company), so its also possible that he needed to do some assembly when he unpacked the containers and I've ended up with some B6001 parts?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is several different 3 point arrangements that they used on the B6100, B6001, B7100, B7001, It might be the right parts or it might not.
But it will work with what he has.