Allied Farm King blades

upnover

Equipment
L3430HST , 723 Loader, BH90 Hoe, 8' Allied Blade, Split-All log splitter
Sep 19, 2014
Creston BC
Just got in from using my 8' allied Farm King 3pt blade. Just wonder if anyone else has experienced this:

I can set the tile of the blade to level at a certain angle and when I change the angle of the blade to say throw snow the opposite way, the tilt is out and I start gouging on that side. I thought it should stay level throughout the swing left or right. Am I missing something here. Its a PITA to have to re-level every time. Anyone else have this on their rear blades. The blade is next to new and no it is not bent up.

:confused:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
hmmm... I probably shouldn't say anything cause I don't know 3pt systems yet.... but you might have to re-level. Here's my thinking on a physics side of things. When leveled with one direction tilt the blades weight on the side arms is heavier on one side than the other due to the distance from the end of each arm a weight is placed. "Leverage" effect. (move one of two equal weight kids sitting mid way on each side of a see-saw further back and that side will drop lower... ) Weight difference due too leverage is what you balanced out.

when you swing the angle the other way you got a different sides weight now further out and further in... opposite of the balance you previously adjusted for.

Now what I don't know is if the hydraulic system of a 3pt is suppose to equalize the arms to some extinct. I don't know that. Too knew to 3pt systems. Course it could be Im totaly wrong and my basic physics just suck.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Well watching youtube video's and seen a few where folk swung there blade to opposite angles and nothing changed? But they were not 8 footers either though.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Bigger blades are harder to level.
You first need to level the tractor.
Then level the three points arms.
You will need to first level of the beam with the top link.
Then check that the blade is square to the center beam.
and check to make sure it's as level as the three point arms.
On long blades when you spin right and left angle if the top link is set short then the forward tips of the blade will dig in, If the top link is set long then the rear tips will dig in.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The blade pivot needs to be perfectly level. My truck snow plow does something similar-when i lift it. When i borrowed my buddys blade i noticed it right away.
So i adjusted top link and could swing either way. But its a 6 footer.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Just got in from using my 8' allied Farm King 3pt blade. Just wonder if anyone else has experienced this:

I can set the tile of the blade to level at a certain angle and when I change the angle of the blade to say throw snow the opposite way, the tilt is out and I start gouging on that side. I thought it should stay level throughout the swing left or right. Am I missing something here. Its a PITA to have to re-level every time. Anyone else have this on their rear blades. The blade is next to new and no it is not bent up.

:confused:
With the blade perpendicular to the tractor adjust it with the side link (==. Then turn the blade 90 degrees with the tractor then adjust the toplink -==. Then its dialed in. Easier to do on flat concrete.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I trust you know what is meant by "leveling the tractor"? That means correct rear tire pressure. I suspect that is your trouble.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
The boom needs to be parallel to the ground that you are on. I have a 9 foot blade and have no problems. Ultimately it is all in the setup to have things work properly. Having top & tilt cylinders on the 3pt makes this very easy to achieve.;)

upnover

Equipment
Sep 19, 2014
Creston BC
I think I have figured out the problem:

This may be difficult to explain but the vertical tube that attaches the blade to the rest of the assembly has an angle in it.. not plumb to the ground. It is actually angled back from vertical about 10 degrees or so. When the blade is leveled with no angle to it there is no issue. As soon as you angle the blade either way it will tilt several degrees. I am not sure if this is a manufacturing defect or what. It wont matter how level the tractor or 3pt arms are...as long as the vertical tube attached to the blade is out of plumb the blade will gouge when angled. You then have to re level.

I guess I will have to live with it. The only other way would be to adjust my top link so far out to tip the vertical post perfectly plumb I may run out of thread. I might just try and see what it does. I'll try and post a pic when I get this figured out :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think I have figured out the problem:

This may be difficult to explain but the vertical tube that attaches the blade to the rest of the assembly has an angle in it.. not plumb to the ground. It is actually angled back from vertical about 10 degrees or so. When the blade is leveled with no angle to it there is no issue. As soon as you angle the blade either way it will tilt several degrees. I am not sure if this is a manufacturing defect or what. It wont matter how level the tractor or 3pt arms are...as long as the vertical tube attached to the blade is out of plumb the blade will gouge when angled. You then have to re level.

I guess I will have to live with it. The only other way would be to adjust my top link so far out to tip the vertical post perfectly plumb I may run out of thread. I might just try and see what it does. I'll try and post a pic when I get this figured out :)
That's what we were talking about (beam, or boom).
Does the tractor side of the top link have multiple hole?
If it does try different holes till it levels the top out. ;)
Or yes worst case you will need to change your top link to a longer link.

upnover

Equipment
Sep 19, 2014
Creston BC
You guys are so smart...thanks for making me think this through. I knew physics and geometry classes weren't a waste of time ...hahaha