All B3350 Owners

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Lifetime warrenty= Life of the tractor (PSB-2021-050-E) dated 03/31/2021

" Extend reformer system warranty for the lifetime of the machine The reformer system components will be warranted for the lifetime of the machine. A failure with obvious and deliberate customer interference will not be warrantable. Correct operation and understanding of the emissions system by the customer is vital to ensuring longevity and reliability. Warranty submissions must still be well documented with a detailed explanation of the failure, photos of any damaged parts as well as a project file. "

They are covering:
<>90amp alternator kit for Cab units with Excessive Power consumption during regeneration. (PSB-2015-069)
<>Reformer assembly
<>Air blower assembly
<>DPF muffler assembly
<>Sensors
Thank you.

It sounds like Kubota has finally accepted the fact that the reformer system used on the B3350 cannot be made reliable and has decided to step up to protect their B3350 customers.

Kubota could probably have avoided a great deal of bad press had they done this a few years ago.

I may reconsider my plans to replace my B3350 but am concerned that there is a great deal of "wiggle room" in the language.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Lifetime warrenty= Life of the tractor (PSB-2021-050-E) dated 03/31/2021

" Extend reformer system warranty for the lifetime of the machine The reformer system components will be warranted for the lifetime of the machine. A failure with obvious and deliberate customer interference will not be warrantable. Correct operation and understanding of the emissions system by the customer is vital to ensuring longevity and reliability. Warranty submissions must still be well documented with a detailed explanation of the failure, photos of any damaged parts as well as a project file. "

They are covering:
<>90amp alternator kit for Cab units with Excessive Power consumption during regeneration. (PSB-2015-069)
<>Reformer assembly
<>Air blower assembly
<>DPF muffler assembly
<>Sensors
Deleated.

SDT

87mark7lsc

Equipment
B3030
May 23, 2020
Buffalo, NY, USA
Thank you for posting the actual bulletin WhiteTiger. I was told only the reformer was covered but that clearly covers the entire system. Best news I’ve ever heard, I’m glad Kubota is going to stand behind their product. I’m sure I’ll be making more trips to the shop for this system in the future, there clearly isn’t any way to make it function well long term

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thank you for posting the actual bulletin WhiteTiger. I was told only the reformer was covered but that clearly covers the entire system. Best news I’ve ever heard, I’m glad Kubota is going to stand behind their product. I’m sure I’ll be making more trips to the shop for this system in the future, there clearly isn’t any way to make it function well long term
The way it was explained to me by a local senior tech is that the reformer is covered if it fails regardless. The DPF and other components are covered only if failure was a result of reformer malfunction. Lots of wiggle room here.

Operator "error" is not covered so be very careful what you say.

SDT

Reactions: 1 users

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
That is pretty complete.
wish they would of done that for mine. I ended up with a b 2650, which hasn't had a trip to the shop for any engine repairs. it's like a turtle compared to the b3350. the a/c worked great on the 3350. can't say much for the 2650's a/c, it barely cools the cab... been in the shop a couple times for that issue. just living with it, as my budget won't allow a trade to something else for the foreseeable future. when the time comes. the next tractor will not be orange..

jdefini

Equipment
Kubota 3350su
Jun 24, 2021
North West New Jersey
Hello everyone, new to the forum and new to tractors. Just checking in. I've read all the horror stories about the 3350 and I have tried to research objectively. I've been building cars for over 30 years and between that experience, the research I did and the lifetime warranty on the 3350's emission system I decided to pull the trigger.

I got what I think is a great deal on a 2015 3350su with a loader and all the hookups for a backhoe (seller took off the backhoe when they traded it in, or the dealer sold it separately). Has 4500 hours on it and I paid 12K. All the emissions recalls and updates have been done.

So..... after all of that..... it died on me today, lol

I've had it about a month. Its gone through a regen already with no issues. Today, after running it just fine for 2 hours it suddenly sputtered and died. I tried starting it, it fired up and died, tried again, sputtered and died. Now it won't start at all. The tractor had about 1/4 tank when she quit. I topped it off with diesel and still won't start.

I gotta go drag it out of the woods and back to the shop. Gonna crack an injector line and see if I got fuel. Also looking to get a WSM.

Dealer said they would honor the 1 month warranty on the tractor but they can't get me into the shop til' mid- August :(

Other than this I really like the tractor. I already installed a 3rd function kit and I bought myself a real nice grapple. The tractor is real strong and the amount of work I'm getting done is unreal.

I just need to get this thing running again to finish my land clearing project.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hello everyone, new to the forum and new to tractors. Just checking in. I've read all the horror stories about the 3350 and I have tried to research objectively. I've been building cars for over 30 years and between that experience, the research I did and the lifetime warranty on the 3350's emission system I decided to pull the trigger.

I got what I think is a great deal on a 2015 3350su with a loader and all the hookups for a backhoe (seller took off the backhoe when they traded it in, or the dealer sold it separately). Has 4500 hours on it and I paid 12K. All the emissions recalls and updates have been done.

I've had it about a month. Its gone through a regen already with no issues. Today, after running it just fine for 2 hours it suddenly sputtered and died. I tried starting it, it fired up and died, tried again, sputtered and died. Now it won't start at all. The tractor had about 1/4 tank when she quit. I topped it off with diesel and still won't start.

I gotta go drag it out of the woods and back to the shop. Gonna crack an injector line and see if I got fuel. Also looking to get a WSM.

Dealer said they would honor the 1 month warranty on the tractor but they can't get me into the shop til' mid- August :(

Other than this I really like the tractor. I already installed a 3rd function kit and I bought myself a real nice grapple. The tractor is real strong and the amount of work I'm getting done is unreal.

DON'T start by cracking an injector. Start with getting the WSM and operator's manual. Fill the tank all the way full. Try cranking and see if fuel filter bowl is full. Bleeding instructions are "start engine and run for 30 sec then shut off". Not clear what you do if it won't start. Crank off and on until it does? Consider changing fuel filter. Each of these newer model tractors has a different method of bleeding the lines. Starting with injectors could cause more problems.

Last edited:

jdefini

Equipment
Kubota 3350su
Jun 24, 2021
North West New Jersey
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to muddy this thread but I got it to started! I don't know why or how but it started. The only thing I did was unscrew the clear plastic fuel filter bowl, let it drain out. Screwed it back on and cranked it for about 30 seconds. It sputtered and died. I kept trying to start and it got better and better till she idled. Now its back to running fine. I have a lot of learning to do!! I didn't even realize there's such a thing as bleeding fuel lines. Should have mentioned not only is this my first tractor but my first diesel engine too

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

4500 hours?

Really?

SDT

Reactions: 1 user

mzimbaro

Equipment
Kubota B3350 with La534 Loader, B2782 Blower and RC72 mower.
Aug 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
I bought a B3350HST about 18 months ago. At that time i was researching many models and didn't get a definitive answer on the issues with model. It seemed like as long as you keep the RPM's high, you won't have any issues. The first regen i went through was a real pain in the ass, mostly because I didn't realize the decals in the cab appeared to belong to a different model of tractor. I eventually got through. Yesterday it wanted to regen again but it failed 3 times. Finally i shut it off because i was running low on gas. I filled the tank and started it up and it immediately wanted to do a parked regen. Seemed simple enough as this is well documented. So i put it in neutral, set the brake, and pushed the flashing regen button. It went for about 45 minutes and then the tractor started beeping so i just shut it off. I went out there first thing this morning in an attempt to try again. It seemed to go okay. It brought the engine to max rpm to warm up the DP filter for about 15 minutes. Then it reduced the rpm and it must have started its procedure. This went on for 20 minutes and then i heard a fan under the hood shut off and i thought it was done. Instead it brought the engine back up to full rpm for about 10 minutes. It reduced rpm and started the process again. Finally after about 1 hour and 15 minutes (whole process) it stopped and just started beeping and it lit up the error light (red exclamation). I just shut the damn thing off. Now i don't know what to do.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I bought a B3350HST about 18 months ago. At that time i was researching many models and didn't get a definitive answer on the issues with model. It seemed like as long as you keep the RPM's high, you won't have any issues. The first regen i went through was a real pain in the ass, mostly because I didn't realize the decals in the cab appeared to belong to a different model of tractor. I eventually got through. Yesterday it wanted to regen again but it failed 3 times. Finally i shut it off because i was running low on gas. I filled the tank and started it up and it immediately wanted to do a parked regen. Seemed simple enough as this is well documented. So i put it in neutral, set the brake, and pushed the flashing regen button. It went for about 45 minutes and then the tractor started beeping so i just shut it off. I went out there first thing this morning in an attempt to try again. It seemed to go okay. It brought the engine to max rpm to warm up the DP filter for about 15 minutes. Then it reduced the rpm and it must have started its procedure. This went on for 20 minutes and then i heard a fan under the hood shut off and i thought it was done. Instead it brought the engine back up to full rpm for about 10 minutes. It reduced rpm and started the process again. Finally after about 1 hour and 15 minutes (whole process) it stopped and just started beeping and it lit up the error light (red exclamation). I just shut the damn thing off. Now i don't know what to do.
Premise: It is not true that one will not have any regen issues if one keeps the engine RPMs high. It is true that one is less likely to have regen issues if one keeps the engine RPMs high.

The regen instructions for the B3350 changed during the model run but I do not believe that the operator's manual was ever updated. In any event, updated manuals or errata sheets were not sent to owners of earlier machines. The appropriate instructions for your tractor will depend upon when it was built and whether it has been updated to current release status. Only a dealer can determine the update status of your tractor

Do you have an operators manual? Have you read (and understood) the regen instructions? If so, and you have followed the instructions properly, you may have incorrect instructions and/or decals. Alternatively, you may have more serious issues.

SDT

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I wish those who designed regen symptoms gave the owners more control to force regens. Sure, they shouldn’t have to be done, but in the case that the DPF didn’t complete the regen, it’s one of the only ways to recover.

It’s the same problem with trucks that have DPFs. The software doesn’t understand all of the possible scenarios, so that leaves the owner to seek out someone who can force the regen.

mzimbaro

Equipment
Kubota B3350 with La534 Loader, B2782 Blower and RC72 mower.
Aug 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Premise: It is not true that one will not have any regen issues if one keeps the engine RPMs high. It is true that one is less likely to have regen issues if one keeps the engine RPMs high.

The regen instructions for the B3350 changed during the model run but I do not believe that the operator's manual was ever updated. In any event, updated manuals or errata sheets were not sent to owners of earlier machines. The appropriate instructions for your tractor will depend upon when it was built and whether it has been updated to current release status. Only a dealer can determine the update status of your tractor

Do you have an operators manual? Have you read (and understood) the regen instructions? If so, and you have followed the instructions properly, you may have incorrect instructions and/or decals. Alternatively, you may have more serious issues.

SDT
Thanks for replying.

I don't have an operators manual. I bought my machine used with 105 hours on it. Yes, I believe I have followed the park regen instructions as it seems pretty straight forward. I recorded the events the second time I went through it but essentially I started the machine, put the parking brake on, but the HST speed selector in neutral, and pushed the flashing parked regen button. Unfortunately it always ends in an error state and it wants to do it again. I am pretty sure the next time I start my tractor it will go into limp mode.
I am trying to find my VIN so that I can see if there is an online resource that will state any updates or outstanding service on this tractor. Does anyone know where on this model to find the VIN?

Sprad

Equipment
B3350
Oct 29, 2020
WV
I would read this entire thread from page one. We all ended up here for the same reason (DPF issues). As you will read Kubota has finally decided they will cover these DPF related problems in certain circumstances. I'm surprised you got 18 months of service without anything going wrong sooner. Perhaps yours problem will be covered as well.

One thing that would still bother me is the customer is still liable for transport fees to and from the dealer. I had a trailer I used but this option is not open to everyone.

Sprad

Equipment
B3350
Oct 29, 2020
WV
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to muddy this thread but I got it to started! I don't know why or how but it started. The only thing I did was unscrew the clear plastic fuel filter bowl, let it drain out. Screwed it back on and cranked it for about 30 seconds. It sputtered and died. I kept trying to start and it got better and better till she idled. Now its back to running fine. I have a lot of learning to do!! I didn't even realize there's such a thing as bleeding fuel lines. Should have mentioned not only is this my first tractor but my first diesel engine too
It sounds as if you unscrewed the fuel filter. Get you a new on ASAP and keep a back up on hand. You can clean the filter out with an air compressor and get a few more hours out of one but I would not advise it.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thanks for replying.

I don't have an operators manual. I bought my machine used with 105 hours on it. Yes, I believe I have followed the park regen instructions as it seems pretty straight forward. I recorded the events the second time I went through it but essentially I started the machine, put the parking brake on, but the HST speed selector in neutral, and pushed the flashing parked regen button. Unfortunately it always ends in an error state and it wants to do it again. I am pretty sure the next time I start my tractor it will go into limp mode.
I am trying to find my VIN so that I can see if there is an online resource that will state any updates or outstanding service on this tractor. Does anyone know where on this model to find the VIN?
The tractor identification plate is located on the left side frame rail near the left front dtire. The tractor serial number is on the identification plate. You must have this number in order for your dealer to determine build date and update status. Only a dealer can determine update status. You cannot find this online.

Updates, and there are several, are performed by Kubota without charge, and it is important that your tractor be updated to current release if it has not so been, which is unlikely unless it is late 2018 or newer.

You DO need an Operator's Manual.

SDT