After one week with the LX2610

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Can you explain/show what "groove your R4 tires" involves? Thx!

JimsF

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, LA535 FEL, BH77 Backhoe, 20’ Utility trailer
Sep 15, 2020
NH
The tires look great; did you have a pattern to follow grooving the tires

This virus won’t go away until we have good leadership that listens to science

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
So tried using the FEL to push / shovel snow off the paved driveway with mixed results. Tried using the ‘float’ mode and clearly don’t understand how it works. Any help?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Float vents the head to the rod on the boom cylinders, i.e. no pressure from the pump and no bleed to tank. That lets the boom 'float' as need be. Actually, it just eliminates any up or down force on the boom. Kubota uses the term float loosely. The curling (bucket) cylinder is still fully active, meaning you can tip it slightly forward if you're on a hard surface to skim. Too much, and of course, it digs in. Float is the safest way to drag level with the FEL as well. If you tip the bucket too far forward and do not go to float, there's a good chance you'll bend the curling cylinder rods. If you tip the bucket back slightly, in dirt it will start sliding on the surface and not cut at all.

To put it in float, just push (quickly) the joystick forward until you feel it click. To take it back out of float, just pull back on the joystick to raise the boom.

I typically just use the FEL to move large quantities of dirt, and use the box blade for leveling/grading. On occasion, I use float to drag dirt back into a hole I made digging a stump out or something similar.

Reactions: 1 user

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
Very helpful ‘old_paint’ thx... went outside and practiced on the snow 😊

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
Very helpful ‘old_paint’ thx... went outside and practiced on the snow 😊
My snowblower died 5 minute into my attempt to clean up 42"s of snow this week. So I fired up my lx2610 and figured I'd give it a try. I am a new tractor owner (June) so this was my first attempt. No chains, the new R14's on it. At first it wasn't too productive, but I was plugging away. Then after adjusting the bucket a little and using the float function (from watching Messick video's) I got the hang of it and cleared my 150' driveway wider than I normally did with the snowblower. Even cleared out an area in front of the house so the dog could do his thing.

Reactions: 2 users

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
My snowblower died 5 minute into my attempt to clean up 42"s of snow this week. So I fired up my lx2610 and figured I'd give it a try. I am a new tractor owner (June) so this was my first attempt. No chains, the new R14's on it. At first it wasn't too productive, but I was plugging away. Then after adjusting the bucket a little and using the float function (from watching Messick video's) I got the hang of it and cleared my 150' driveway wider than I normally did with the snowblower. Even cleared out an area in front of the house so the dog could do his thing.
How'd the R14's do? I writhed about whether to go that way and ultimately decided on R4's w chains due to the continual icing and steep incline on the driveway

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
Again, since this is my first tractor, I can't really compare them to any others. But I had no problem with all that snow and no chains. I have also been driving around the yard through the snow to clear around the fire pit and the front of the house to clear an area for the dogs. Deep fluffy snow, 4 wheel drive on, no problem.....

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
How'd the R14's do? I writhed about whether to go that way and ultimately decided on R4's w chains due to the continual icing and steep incline on the driveway
I don't have the snow and ice to contend with as a norm, but I do have plenty slick clay mud that has the consistency of chewing gum and is slicker than greased monkey snot. The oversized R14's that come on the LX2610SU are AMAZING. I get excellent traction, but if I put it in 2WD, it doesn't destroy my lawn. I won't say it doesn't make a few marks if I make a sharp turn, but it doesn't destroy the weeds I call a lawn to the point I have to worry about it. A couple weeks regrowth will likely hide any marks I make. Most of the time, I don't need 4WD unless I'm backing up a slope with a load in the bucket, and need a little help from the front wheels. I normally just kick the dif lock if I spin a little and bingo, it moves.

The only thing I don't like about my tractor so far is that it makes me want to spend a LOT of money.

Reactions: 3 users

rAzkid

Equipment
BX2200D, LX3310, FEL, MMM, PF, rear mount snowblower
Nov 6, 2020
MA
I've had my LX2610 for a couple weeks now. Love it. First tractor, but it's been easy to use. Been using the grapple the most. I have a big Bittersweet problem. Rips those bad boys out!
Nice to hear I'm not the only one with a Bittersweet problem! I ordered a Wicked 55" grapple for my LX3310 and hope it works well in digging up the Bittersweet. Waiting to see how the R14 tires work in the snow.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Nice to hear I'm not the only one with a Bittersweet problem! I ordered a Wicked 55" grapple for my LX3310 and hope it works well in digging up the Bittersweet. Waiting to see how the R14 tires work in the snow.
I can report that the R14 tires work well in the snow up to the point where you beach the frame on a snowbank or two. That was with the 24" that we had recently though and I don't see it having any problems with typical snow storms.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Float for me worked great going forward with my snow pusher. If I started to lose steering I’d just take it out of float. I’ve always floated in backdrag with bucket but I was pleasantly surprised going forward.

C3022517-D5EE-4F53-9A1D-859BC1799638.jpeg