After market filters for L4600 HST

Daniel262

Equipment
2013 L4600HST, landpride mr1572box scraper, woods rotary blade , johndeere forks
Jul 6, 2014
Burlington, WI
Hi folks, I am looking for filters to do a change on my hydraulic and and oil on my 2013 L4600 hst. I have searched the forums here and cannot find a good online place with reasonable prices I don't care if they are wix,Baldwin or fleet guard filters. Also can anyone tell me the viscosity of UDT hydraulic oil ,my dealership wants $85 for 5 gallons that is outrageous.if I get all the parts and oil and filters from my dealership I am looking at $350 I just can't do that right now any help would be appreciated for a online aftermarket dealer ,thank you

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Your tractor will work better with SUDT2. I wouldn't use a cheaper hydro oil. The engine oil filter can be crossed over to wix etc at local auto parts, but I believe you will have to go to Kubota for the hydro filters.

How many hours? If this is the 50 hr change, I would not change the hydro oil yet.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Your tractor will work better with SUDT2. I wouldn't use a cheaper hydro oil. The engine oil filter can be crossed over to wix etc at local auto parts, but I believe you will have to go to Kubota for the hydro filters.

How many hours? If this is the 50 hr change, I would not change the hydro oil yet.
I agree with Bluegill 100%%

NO hydraulic oil change at 50 hours............wait till 200 or whatever .....

DO NOT SKIMP on the oil............

would you want the cheap blood if you needed a heart transplant???? Wait and save your pennies, I am going to change over to S-udt2 at whatever the cost is ......but it will hurt the ol pocketbook, but the savings will be huge down the road!!! don't skimp on the good stuff.....;)

Daniel262

Equipment
2013 L4600HST, landpride mr1572box scraper, woods rotary blade , johndeere forks
Jul 6, 2014
Burlington, WI
Thanks for the advice on the sudt2 , I bought the tractor used with 103 hrs and it currently has 130 hrs. The seller told me he had the 50 hr service done but the filters are kubota gray with a white dot of paint on them which leads me to believe they are factory installed . I called Napa and they were more expensive than the dealer for filters so I will bite the bullet and by oem stuff. Did this tractor come with sudt2 in it already ? I assumed it was udt ,thanks again.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks for the advice on the sudt2 , I bought the tractor used with 103 hrs and it currently has 130 hrs. The seller told me he had the 50 hr service done but the filters are kubota gray with a white dot of paint on them which leads me to believe they are factory installed . I called Napa and they were more expensive than the dealer for filters so I will bite the bullet and by oem stuff. Did this tractor come with sudt2 in it already ? I assumed it was udt ,thanks again.

No, the tractor did not come with Synthetic in it....... all FILTERs should be changed at 50 - NOT all fluids......all change over filters are white from Kubota, that filter came from ????? if factory - i would change it now and then wait for the fluid change later.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Like Hokie said, the previous did not do the 50 hr service if the filters are gray. Change filters, engine oil and grease everything, especially the front axle pivot, both front & back zerks. Change hydro oil by the book. Change or at least check the front axle fluid.

Daniel262

Equipment
Jul 6, 2014
Burlington, WI
No, the tractor did not come with Synthetic in it....... all FILTERs should be changed at 50 - NOT all fluids......all change over filters are white from Kubota, that filter came from ????? if factory - i would change it now and then wait for the fluid change later.
Thanks, I think I will change all the hydrofluid over to sudt2 then. Last winter was darn cold here in wisconsin so maybe that will help performance. Also I just ordered a filter kit off ebay (77700-03361) all oem filters with air and fuel filter for $131.00 no tax and free ship if that helps anyone . so i guess in this case oem was cheaper than aftermarket,go figure. Thanks again everyone:)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks, I think I will change all the hydrofluid over to sudt2 then. Last winter was darn cold here in wisconsin so maybe that will help performance. Also I just ordered a filter kit off ebay (77700-03361) all oem filters with air and fuel filter for $131.00 no tax and free ship if that helps anyone . so i guess in this case oem was cheaper than aftermarket,go figure. Thanks again everyone:)
Once that synthetic is in there, I think you will see a difference in the winter.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Its a common thing to find filters cheaper at the dealers. They want you to use their products, and its a no brainer to keep customers business. I also believe the synthetic will make a noticeable difference in the cold.

Woody Martin

Equipment
2013 L3200 HST, 66" Loader, R-4's, L/P 1672 , L/P Box grader, L/P 1572 Rear Blad
Apr 24, 2014
Brazil, Indiana
Hi folks, I am looking for filters to do a change on my hydraulic and and oil on my 2013 L4600 hst. I have searched the forums here and cannot find a good online place with reasonable prices I don't care if they are wix,Baldwin or fleet guard filters. Also can anyone tell me the viscosity of UDT hydraulic oil ,my dealership wants $85 for 5 gallons that is outrageous.if I get all the parts and oil and filters from my dealership I am looking at $350 I just can't do that right now any help would be appreciated for a online aftermarket dealer ,thank you
Change your filter (only)on your hydraulics at 50 to 100 hours. Don't waste the oil. Do it at 200 hrs. Auto zone has a good chance of crossing filters. Do change your oil engine oil and filter. Auto Zone has Shell rotella 15w-40.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Ya know.....I did the complete service at 50hr on my 2013 L3800 HST and switched to sudt2 and honestly, I don't think my FEL has been as strong as it was since. Next time I change it, I am gonna go back to original and see if it makes a diff.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Try to find a baldwin filter dealer locally. They usually only have a 3% markup on there filters and get rebates for the volume they sell. They are 30$ to 50$ cheaper on a couple of my filter kits then the dealer. They just quoted me a price of 6$ each for my oil and fuel filter for my tractor

Daniel262

Equipment
Jul 6, 2014
Burlington, WI
Ya know.....I did the complete service at 50hr on my 2013 L3800 HST and switched to sudt2 and honestly, I don't think my FEL has been as strong as it was since. Next time I change it, I am gonna go back to original and see if it makes a diff.

That is very interesting, I think I will just stay with the original fluid in there and try not to lose too much when I change the filters thank you for your reply,I have also been reading lots and lots of forums about synthetic versus Dino oil and I think I will just stick with 15 W 30 in the crankcase also.my local farm and fleet has mobile delvac on sale for eight dollars a gallon not too bad

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
I don't know if others share my same experience on sudt2, but I'm gonna change back and see when the time comes.

As far as engine oil, a LOT of us run She'll Rotella-T 15W-40. It's good stuff.

Daniel262

Equipment
Jul 6, 2014
Burlington, WI
I don't know if others share my same experience on sudt2, but I'm gonna change back and see when the time comes.

As far as engine oil, a LOT of us run She'll Rotella-T 15W-40. It's good stuff.

I just watched a YouTube video from some guy from Orange tractor talks and he said he uses Walmart any good universal hydro fluid , I think I might just go to tractor supply and try their fluid . 40 bucks for 5 gal sounds better than $110 at kubota. Also I just picked up 2 5 gal pails of Mobil delvac 15w40 for $35 after rebate:D. Also I picked up 2 magnet heaters for my hydro trans so I don't have to warm up for 20 min this winter

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
No way I'd run cheap hydro oil in a newish tractor, especially one with HST!!!

There has been many, many reports of HST rigs running & acting better with SUDT2 oil...

Daniel262

Equipment
Jul 6, 2014
Burlington, WI
No way I'd run cheap hydro oil in a newish tractor, especially one with HST!!!

There has been many, many reports of HST rigs running & acting better with SUDT2 oil...
From my understanding ,Kubota uses UDT from the factory, so if SUDT2 works a lot better with hst why would a company use a inferior fluid when they KNOW they have a fluid that will perform much better . Just to save $20 ? That's really sad :(. especially with KUBOTA's reputation as a top o line company.