Advice on New Compact Track Loader

CanadaEH?

Jul 3, 2013
canada
hey guys/ gals,

So I'm looking into buying a new compact track loader. I work for a company that has an old CASE 440 and personally i haven't been impressed with it. i have been doing some research and i am stuck between two machines. I love Kubota, a couple years ago i purchased a U35 3-Series and have had nothing but good times and awesome feelings about it. but getting back to it I'm stuck between the Kubota SVL 75 or Bobcats T630 or T650. One of the main reasons i am stuck is i haven't ever ran Kubotas tracked loaders nor ever seen one in my city, Bobcats litter the road and construction sites. I've heard they both run Kubota made engines but i've also read Kubota is relatively new to compact track loader world. I love Kubota but don't want to invest in a machine if its not right for me. If anyone has any advice or light to shine on my predicament i would appreciate it. thanks in advance for your time.

On a side note i look forward to being part of this community,

A Canadian Kubota Fan

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Welcome to OTT. Always happy to have another orange brother in the family.

Yes, Kubota is pretty new to the skid steer world and Bobcat has been king of the mountain forever. I think a good bit of that is like the John Deere complex. My granddad had a deere, my dad had a deere so I'll have a deere. Just because granddad and dad had one doesn't mean it's the best choice out there.

I have been a heavy equ operator for over 20 yrs and a farmer my entire life. I have been around about every brand skid steer there is and that includes a short time with a SLV 75 Kubota. My first impression of it was it was very quiet and smooth. It not only was a smooth ride but the controls were very crisp and precise. It seemed maybe a little slower than a Cat does but it never let me down on anything I put the bucket to. The operator compartment is second to none. Way more room and comfort than any other brand I have seen. If I was in the market for a skid steer, I would not rule Kubota out just because they are the new kid on the block.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Kubota is kickin ass and taking names in the skid steere market. The only other brand that competes in a close 2nd place would be a Caterpillar. You see Bobcats on every job site because they are cheap and affordable compare to Kubotas and Cats and just dont hold up. Go take a look at a Bobcat close up and you'll see what I mean.

wvshooter

Dec 11, 2012
WV
Never operated a Kubota skid steer. Caterpillar is my favorite so far. New Holland would be the bottom of the pile, in my opinion.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
While I have faith in Kubota (having no experience on one of their track loaders), I would definitely put my money into a Bobcat. I have one, and it is a fine machine. That in itself wouldn't be the deciding factor- the dealership would. My local Bobcat dealer has been around forever, and is well versed in the equipment. I know my Kubota dealer well, and I don't think they have the technical expertise to work on the Kubota construction equipment. How they would deal with a problem, I don't know. I do know that the Bobcat dealer would be able to fix it in house and timely. That makes a huge difference to me.
The issue will come up- no piece of equipment made is perfect. So, when, not if, a problem arises, I would not be apprehensive that Kubota could get it fixed, but I do believe that I would have to go around the circle a few times before it was done.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Very good point Hodge. While every dealer is different I bet in general Bobcat has one of the best parts and service department of any brand on the market.

CanadaEH?

Jul 3, 2013
canada
Sorry i was away on a fishing trip for awhile, thank you to all for your advice. it has put a lot of things i hadn't previously thought about into consideration. if anyone else has any other advice please continue to post, i am in no rush to buy the machine and would appreciate any knowledge someone would care to share. Also thank you to bulldog for warm welcome.