Adding Weight To Front End

SmokeyBear20252

Equipment
Kubota L3901 HST 4WD
Aug 29, 2012
Hildebran, NC
I've started adding implements for use with my Kubota B7610 and I'm finding that I'm going to need some weight in the front end. I purchased a United 4' heavy duty box blade and noticed that my steering was a little compromised. Today, I added a Howse 4' rotary cutter and to be honest, I'd be afraid to use it on anything but level ground.

I'm not sure front wheel weights would add enough to make a difference so I was thinking about the suitcase weights. First of all, about how much do they cost and secondly, do they just hang on the metal plate on the front of the tractor?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If you don't have a loader I bet it was a little light in the front. Not sure on the price of weights now. The last ones I bought were in 04 and they were around $900 for 1000 lbs. That was for aftermarket weights. The Kubota weights were about $1200 if I remember right. They should make a rack that the weights hang on that bolts to the front of your tractor. Probably a couple hundred lbs will make a big difference for you. Might even consider putting fluid in your front tires. Might get another 60-80 lbs by doing that and the weight will be low to the ground which is another plus.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Do a search on the threads and you'll find a few places on here where weights have been added to the front of fellow members. Some guys have stacked a few pieces of flat bar steel they had laying around and put weight on the front end for little to no cost. I think someone on here a fella used a short piece of what looks like rail road track and used that for weight.

I agree with Bulldog as well, adding water to the front tires will put some extra weight on the front end as well.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A guy I know had the same problem and after looking for weights well the cost was pretty high. So his OL is a yeard sale freek and she told him about someone haveing a bunch of bar bell weights free to a good home just get rid of them. He pickec them up 200 and some pounds I think, welded up a plate with some 3/4 rebar sticking out that he bolted to the front. He slipped the weights on the rebar and tacked a bar across the ends, has been working like that foa bunch of years now