Adding weight to Brushcutter

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Thanks for the tip on the differential lock - it made a huge difference!
I am glad it helped you. I have the L2501 DT gear drive while most here have the HST. I also found using the foot throttle was better in backing rather than the hand throttle. But on the DT the dif lock is on the right side and you can't operate the throttle and dif lock at the same time. I figured out and made an adapter to the shaft where it comes out of the differential case to then put a cut off golf club handle on that. I can engage the dif with that using my right hand. It has worked quite well for me.
I had some pictures of it but didn't find them right off.

Bill

Reactions: 1 users

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
I love seeing little mods like that 👍

In fact i can inagine using both ends of a golf club as different handles 😂

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Well a short explanation, don't want to rob the thread,

The shaft coming out is close to 5/8" so I bought some split shaft collars. I welded 2 of them to a piece of 1/8 angle iron I think was 1"x1". Welded about 3/8 x 4" long bolt to that so the handle just slides on so it wouldn't be in the way for any kind of work on the tractor. With the split collars I position it on the shaft so the angle pushes against the existing foot pedal linkage and tighten them to keep it in position.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
No box blade you can attach and add weight to? That brush cutter off the back goes back a long ways, I'm not sure I'd really want all that swinging around back there with extra weight on it. You are right about the 1260 too, pretty light duty to add that much weight to. Finally, I'd worry about bags of sand or concrete sliding or shifting pretty easily on top of that flat smooth deck upsetting the apple cart especially since it might be at a pretty good angle once you have it lifted enough to be out of the way.

UnionParish45

Equipment
L2501
Aug 29, 2021
Bernice, LA
No box blade you can attach and add weight to? That brush cutter off the back goes back a long ways, I'm not sure I'd really want all that swinging around back there with extra weight on it. You are right about the 1260 too, pretty light duty to add that much weight to. Finally, I'd worry about bags of sand or concrete sliding or shifting pretty easily on top of that flat smooth deck upsetting the apple cart especially since it might be at a pretty good angle once you have it lifted enough to be out of the way.
It ended up working really well. I had everything adjusted so the brushcutter didn’t swing. I laid bags of rice bran and deer corn on the deck and they conformed over the top bracing and they did not move at all. I did place them at the 3 pt end of the deck close to the tractor. Locking the differential as I backed up the slope was a huge help.

Reactions: 2 users

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Well a short explanation, don't want to rob the thread,

The shaft coming out is close to 5/8" so I bought some split shaft collars. I welded 2 of them to a piece of 1/8 angle iron I think was 1"x1". Welded about 3/8 x 4" long bolt to that so the handle just slides on so it wouldn't be in the way for any kind of work on the tractor. With the split collars I position it on the shaft so the angle pushes against the existing foot pedal linkage and tighten them to keep it in position.
Wow, that's a lot better than just welding something directly to it. I really like the adjustability of it. Nice mod!