Adapting old implements to a Quick Hitch

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
This afternoon I dug out my old York rake only to find that it wouldn't fit onto my new Kubota QH5 hitch. I looked it over and realized that I could adapt it if I could find the dimensions that present-day quick hitches are manufactured to. I also have an older 5' Landpride York rake, and on that one, the lower pins are much narrower and it is going to take a lot more modification to get it to work. I just don't have the ambition to do the work required, so I will probably sell it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Dusty

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Actually its the hitch that doesn't fit the implements !
While it's CAT1 to mount onto the tractor, it is not CAT1 on the implement side.

Cat 1 is 26" spread on the lower arms. ... QH05 is 28" to 32" depending on how it's actually measured.32" is a CAT2 width.

What you really need is a 'proper' Quickhitch that is CAT1 on BOTH tractor AND implement side,WITHOUT any adapters or bushings or other bodges.

Yes, someone makes them, maybe SPEECO ? Sadly the sellers seem to just look at the tractor side of the hitch.
I'm sure someone will post a link to a quickhitch that IS CAT1 in, CAT1 out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Actually its the hitch that doesn't fit the implements !
While it's CAT1 to mount onto the tractor, it is not CAT1 on the implement side.

Cat 1 is 26" spread on the lower arms. ... QH05 is 28" to 32" depending on how it's actually measured.32" is a CAT2 width.

What you really need is a 'proper' Quickhitch that is CAT1 on BOTH tractor AND implement side,WITHOUT any adapters or bushings or other bodges.

Yes, someone makes them, maybe SPEECO ? Sadly the sellers seem to just look at the tractor side of the hitch.
I'm sure someone will post a link to a quickhitch that IS CAT1 in, CAT1 out.
What are you talking about????

A QH05 is 28" center to center so 26" inside to inside .
So it's CAT 1 not CAT 2