AC/Heat issues

dvcochran

Equipment
Kubota M9000, New Holland TN90, Deere 2640, Vermeer 504N, Vermeer 504SI, more
Feb 23, 2011
Dickson, TN
Where would a suitable place for the for the valve go?
Being careful, it you have some welding vice grips you can clamp one hose shut for a test. Conditions and ambient temperature may make this difficult without a good thermometer. In a pinch I have done this with a couple pieces of wood and regular vice grips

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Being careful, it you have some welding vice grips you can clamp one hose shut for a test. Conditions and ambient temperature may make this difficult without a good thermometer. In a pinch I have done this with a couple pieces of wood and regular vice grips
Thanks for the tip(y)

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
When I started in the trucking industry way back in 1978,heater shut-off valves were very common.
That was the first thing we looked at when an AC complaint was received.
Sometimes it was me!

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Well, I peered under the hood from all angles and I could not locate heater hoses amidst and behind the harnesses of wires and other hoses and fittings that inhabit the underhood world.
2010 M6040 cabbed.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
One heater hose should come off from water pump area, usually the thermostat housing which will be attached to the pump. The return can go into the water jacket of the block towards the rear of the engine.

Reactions: 1 user

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
You're welcome. Look at the bottom of top radiator hose for thermostat housing.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I posted this in my other thread but I thought I would also post here to close out the thread.
It was/is a stuck heater valve. I put a welding vise grip on one of the heater hoses under the seat and immediately got cold air from the AC and cool air from fan only.
I will do a more permanent fix later on; for now I will enjoy the blessed relief.
Thanks to all.

joelynnpamplin

Mar 8, 2022
USA HOUSTAN
The problem maybe not be only in the stuck heater button. Your capacitor may burn out. Of course, this is rare, but I had it. I took the air conditioner to several repair shops, and they changed the condenser for me. After some time, the problem repeated. I'm tired of constantly repairing an old air conditioner. I bought a new one on https://www.brightcamping.com/best-caravan-air-conditioner/. My wife supported my decision. We spent too much money on all sorts of breakdowns in my car. We don't worry that something will happen to the capacitor or that the button will jam. This manufacturer was recommended to us by many of our friends and relatives.

Last edited: