A reality show Kubota lovers can relate to!

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Found this on Kubota's Facebook Page.

I don't even know if I have that channel but I will check it out tonight.

Tune in to RFD-TV tonight at 7:00 pm ET to see Kubota L3800s hard at work in the new reality game show, TSC's Tough Grit - The Rural America Challenge.

Carl k

Equipment
L3800DT
Jun 3, 2012
Rice, Virginia
Thanks for the heads-up, Profnohair. Just saw the show. It was cool. It was a challenge for two guys to 1) grade a gravel drive in 6 passes, and 2) to bush hog 3 foot tall grass in a marked off area using two HST L3800s. Looks like the next show uses the same tractors doing other chores. Best of all, the tractors looked great!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I thought they said at the start of the video there was a "challenge" I have yet to seen one LOL.

Now time to nitpick.

In my opinion the driveway looks like crap with the road bed cut to deep and not enough rock to level it off. To me not a very eye pleasing driveway. Secondly they said efficient and safety was a key on the bush hogging. I saw sooooo many unsafe factors its not even funny. The coaches should not have been running along side the tractor in either challenge, especially mowing. And the loaders should not have been that far up in the air nor should the tractors been driving that fast. One dude was bouncing all over the field going so fast.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep I thought it was just me, but I figured they could have used another tri axle load of gravel on the driveway, and if I ever ran like that with a bucket in the air like that Uncle John would have booted me arse over the barn. And i was all over the page and I couldnt find the link to fill out where I can enter,,lol,,, And another thing, the way they are explaning about the equipment to guys that have grown up with that stuff was rather a bit much,, Now take a bunch of folks that have never done anything like that then we could have for some fun:D

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Yep I thought it was just me, but I figured they could have used another tri axle load of gravel on the driveway, and if I ever ran like that with a bucket in the air like that Uncle John would have booted me arse over the barn. And i was all over the page and I couldnt find the link to fill out where I can enter,,lol,,, And another thing, the way they are explaning about the equipment to guys that have grown up with that stuff was rather a bit much,, Now take a bunch of folks that have never done anything like that then we could have for some fun:D
If you are serious about being a contestant here is the link to the page with the entry form. http://www.toughgrit.com/

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I watched it and like some others was not impressed with the quality of the roads nor operation of the rotary cutters. As mentioned LOTS of safety issues and the "experts" didn't really seem to know what they were doing.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I think its a great idea and show for those looking into buying a tractor for the first time, or those who own one with little to no experiance. But to me I see it as they will air anything for viewing and ratings.