A place for my stuff

yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
I find myself in need to have someplace to put my tools, work gloves, mallet, hand saw etc that I carry with me around the property on the tractor. (L3200 hst) Not having a "dashboard" like in a truck means trying other more creative ways to carry my junk. I have tried carrying some of it between my legs on the center hump, but they tend to want to slide off when I am moving. Have thought of fashioning some sort of tool bag to attach to one or both of the mud shields, even thought about using strong magnets to hold them on, so they were removable if needed. Has anyone done anything similar to this, any words of wisdom or things that just didn't go right. Love learning from other peoples triumph's and blunders.
Yankeepac

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yank,, take a few and look thought stuff done by Wild Fire he has done some outstanding things for his tractors, Grand L and his new BX25D and this has given guys in here all kinds of ideas for their own mods. He just did a tool box mod that bolts to the right side of the ROPS,, hey something like that might work on your L too

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I find myself in need to have someplace to put my tools, work gloves, mallet, hand saw etc that I carry with me around the property on the tractor. (L3200 hst) Not having a "dashboard" like in a truck means trying other more creative ways to carry my junk. I have tried carrying some of it between my legs on the center hump, but they tend to want to slide off when I am moving. Have thought of fashioning some sort of tool bag to attach to one or both of the mud shields, even thought about using strong magnets to hold them on, so they were removable if needed. Has anyone done anything similar to this, any words of wisdom or things that just didn't go right. Love learning from other peoples triumph's and blunders.
Yankeepac
Hi I used an old ammo box from a surplus store, made a little bracket and hang it where the slow sign goes as we're never on the road with it.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Watching this thread as I am in the same situation with my L3800. Always looking for a place to put stuff.

Whatever I come up with I want it to be clean and not look like something just stuck on there.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Finding a place to store items on a tractor can be very challenging at the best of times. As they say "Been there,done that". I've had to come up with storing many different items on a tractor for my personal needs.
Everything from a coffee mug to a chainsaw. I know its not what your looking to do but it might spark an idea in there somewhere. ;)

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5474

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5176

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1052

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74

yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
I'm humbled about the quality / size of your creations. All I was thinking of was a simple bag, with a couple of measly magnets and you are creating.... Art. Beautiful stuff wildfire. I have been kicking around the idea of learning how to weld, and now I am leaning even more toward that direction.
I LOVE the chainsaw bracket. So much more elegant than the bungee cord I use to anchor mine on the top of the brush cutter on the back of my beast.

Wildfire

Equipment
Hey Yank what did I tell ya,,,lol
:D

I'm humbled about the quality / size of your creations. All I was thinking of was a simple bag, with a couple of measly magnets and you are creating.... Art. Beautiful stuff wildfire. I have been kicking around the idea of learning how to weld, and now I am leaning even more toward that direction.
I LOVE the chainsaw bracket. So much more elegant than the bungee cord I use to anchor mine on the top of the brush cutter on the back of my beast.

Don't pay any attention to Skeets. He's on our payroll :D
I did realize you were thinking on a different line of storage BUT I thought it might get your creative juices going and come up with something that has never been done in the world before ;)

Glad you enjoyed seeing some of my work. Skeets. The cheque is in the mail buddy ;)

Wildfire

Equipment
What do you keep in the little tube on the bucket Paul?

Thats usually a holder for the manuals.

Eric in this one I keep a First Aid Kit. On the 5740 I keep shear pins and wrenches for the snow blower but only needed to use it one time because I picked up a wooden block blowing out a compound :mad: . There's one that came with the Chipper so I have a 15' sling in it for pulling trees.
They're handy and cheap to buy.