Shackle/LED light bar bumper

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well I removed the custom storage box/quad flashing LED lights off the 4240 just before I traded it and intended on installing it on the 5740 but wouldn't[‘t you know it. The box won’t fit the new tractor so rather than chop it up to make it work I went a different route and started a new designed one. I fabricated a place to hang a few shackles and still made a place to put the two quad flashing LED lights.

It’s all made out of 1/8th plate and very tough. It can also be used for a step if need be. You’ll also notice I used multiple benders to get the correct bends. There are many more steps involved but this will give you an idea how It was fabricated.

I’m calling this Phase #1 because the next Phase will involve some sort of storage box. I used all the existing holes that were in the front guard and basically designed this unit as a plug’in play unit. Here’s a few photo’s of how it went. The first photo shows the box that I made last winter.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Well Well,
It really looks better then your first one at the old tractor and it get more idea's in it. :cool:

carl

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
When I do my "Internship" I am briging my BX24 with me :D

Very nice as always Mr Wildfire ;)

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Great work as usual Paul. I would like a little more info on a tool in one of your photos, the clamp/bender/ whatever that says ub-100 on it. could you tell me more about it?

Again, good work my orange Brother!

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
Looks great, but now I'll ask the stupid question. How do you keep the shackles from falling off when the bolt comes loose?

Wildfire

Equipment
Well Well,
It really looks better then your first one at the old tractor and it get more idea's in it. :cool:

carl

Thanks Carl. Hope your trip is going well sir.

When I do my "Internship" I am briging my BX24 with me :D

Very nice as always Mr Wildfire ;)

I'd love to do a BX. Come on up and lets get started :D Thanks.

Great work as usual Paul. I would like a little more info on a tool in one of your photos, the clamp/bender/ whatever that says ub-100 on it. could you tell me more about it?

Again, good work my orange Brother!
Thank you sir. That is what is called a Universal Bender. This one was a bench model but i made a pedestal for it. It comes with a number of attachments and the tool is very inexpensive.this one cost me less than $200. Here's a photo of it and I used it to make the guards for the lights with it.

Looks great, but now I'll ask the stupid question. How do you keep the shackles from falling off when the bolt comes loose?
That is not a stupid question. The only question I consider stupid is when someone asks me Why? I just answer "Why Not"?

I'll just put a plastic removable electrical tie rap through the eyes of the shackle. One tie will go through the three of them preventing the bolts from backing out.

Attachments

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I've read your post several times and studied your pictures and I have to ask, what do you use the shackles for? I have a couple of heavy ones I use occasionally to tie down my tractor or other times when I using chains, but I don't carry them on my tractor. But, we don't have any snow to speak of down here either. Thanks for posting. I really appreciate you taking the time to show the rest of us "how it's done"

Wildfire

Equipment
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I've read your post several times and studied your pictures and I have to ask, what do you use the shackles for? I have a couple of heavy ones I use occasionally to tie down my tractor or other times when I using chains, but I don't carry them on my tractor. But, we don't have any snow to speak of down here either. Thanks for posting. I really appreciate you taking the time to show the rest of us "how it's done"
Thank you sir. Last year someone stopped me and asked if I could pull them out of the ditch. I had the sling but no shackles and had to go back to the shop to get two so as I was building this thing I decided to add the shackle holder. It's a "just in Case" sort of thing. Always nice to be prepaired plus I had the room there for them. Glad you enjoyed seeing this.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I understand and have to laugh at myself. You see, I have a nylon tow strap in my truck and rolled up in the middle of it is a shackle almost identical to the ones you have on your tractor!

Thanks!

Wildfire

Equipment
Wow ..... That is all.
;)
M.
Not all. Did this little job today :)

Considering the front lug nuts are exposed I ordered in some stainless caps to put over them BUT they were to long so I machined them down and they fit perfectly. Now I can keep the rust away from the threads and yes I applied grease over the nuts before I put the covers on :D[/COLOR]