A dark time

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
We woke up to news that we could hardly believe yesterday. We lived not far from this senseless crime scene for over 30 years, a community where we could leave home and not even worry about locking our doors. I have no words to describe how bad I'm feeling right now, heart broken is the best I can come up with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52346447

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Kind of took me back a bit considering your gun control laws but there are wacky people everywhere. I always maintain that the big difference between animals and humans is, humans can rationalize, animals cannot. That ability to rationalize gets humans in trouble, especially when it comes to crime.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Kind of took me back a bit considering your gun control laws but there are wacky people everywhere. I always maintain that the big difference between animals and humans is, humans can rationalize, animals cannot. That ability to rationalize gets humans in trouble, especially when it comes to crime.
Gun laws are like locks on a door, they only effect the honest.

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
We woke up to news that we could hardly believe yesterday. We lived not far from this senseless crime scene for over 30 years, a community where we could leave home and not even worry about locking our doors. I have no words to describe how bad I'm feeling right now, heart broken is the best I can come up with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52346447
I was thinking about you when I heard about this Sunday. Kind of hit way to close to home for me as well (less than 2 hours from here).

Hard to imagine what was going on, it will be interesting to find out what exactly happened to cause this guy to go off the rails.

Only bright light I suppose was the outcome at the Big Stop in Enfield..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
For some initial reports, it kinda sounds like he had women problems. A very jealous man, that must of felt insecure. Some of his first murders were his ex girlfriend and her new man. Unfortunately, many innocent folks happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
That is a tragedy but in no way is it an indictment against your quiet and law abiding community or the people living there.

Stay strong and I wish you the best.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Thanks guys and yes Orangeglow you are right, it was a domestic thing. I don't understand how people get so wrapped up over money and material things. He had his business and three rental properties which he set on fire. He should have split it all with her and walked the other way. Now look at the mess he left for the many people involved. Very sad and heart breaking, I guess you just never know what's going through another persons head.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have to ask because no where have I read what he used to commit this horrid act of insanity. Your PM wants more firearm laws on assault style weapons,, is that what he used? I thought all AR and AK type firearms are banned. I dont want to start a debate just asking

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I have to ask because no where have I read what he used to commit this horrid act of insanity. Your PM wants more firearm laws on assault style weapons,, is that what he used? I thought all AR and AK type firearms are banned. I dont want to start a debate just asking
Not really sure skeets but I do have an inside track so I will find out. What I did find out is what this A-hole did is just horrific which has not been reported by the media and may never be. As for our PM I don't really think he's know the difference between an AR and a screwdriver.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not really sure skeets but I do have an inside track so I will find out. What I did find out is what this A-hole did is just horrific which has not been reported by the media and may never be. As for our PM I don't really think he's know the difference between an AR and a screwdriver.
I have to 100% agree with that at least from what I read bout him. Probably don't have a clue about a screwdriver either. Most likely he's never had to use one.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
The shooting happened on the anniversaries of the Oklahoma bombing in 1995 and the end of the standoff in Waco, Texas in 1993. Just how long has this coward been planing this?

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Thinking of you and all my friends and relatives north of the border. No one really knows what goes on in the mind of a sick person. My wife is a psychiatric nurse and sees a lot, but you can never truly be sure of what is going on in ones mind. This quarantine thing doesn't help to keep the 'nut jobs' calm either. Be safe my friend.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Thinking of you and all my friends and relatives north of the border. No one really knows what goes on in the mind of a sick person. My wife is a psychiatric nurse and sees a lot, but you can never truly be sure of what is going on in ones mind. This quarantine thing doesn't help to keep the 'nut jobs' calm either. Be safe my friend.
Thanks my friend, appreciate your thoughts.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
From what I read and there is not much floating around down this way. I figure he had this planed out for some time,, fake cop car, fake uniform, and that just doesnt jump up on the spur of the moment.
And from what I read he was a bit of slime ball to start with.
My wife was a nurse and worked at the VA psych hospital, and one can seem calm and quiet on the surface, underneath Lord only knows.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Actually he had 2 retired cop cars and an RCMP uniform, not really sure how his neighbors didn't notice something strange going on. Back in 2002 in had a charge against him, was forced to go for anger management treatment and was ban from weapons for a period of time. I'm sure much more will come out in the near future, how much will be true who knows. All I no is he was a friggin coward and as much as I hate violence I would have no problem with putting him down. What kind of animal, would harm women kids and even shoot a dog. Words can't describe how bad I feel, as if people aren't going through enough. So many lives ruined.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
So many victims left to grieve and ask why. :confused:

One can wipe tears from their eyes, but they can not wipe the hurt from their heart.