84 years old.

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Good for him. I hope I'll still have that kind of energy when I get that old, only half way there and already slowing down.

mudog88

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1982 B7100HST-DT, RC60-71H MMM, 5ft. back blade
Aug 11, 2015
Pine Village, Indiana
This is awesome! This will be my dad when he gets to that age. Nothing slows him down. He's only 66 (just retired) and he still surpasses all us boys with how hard he works. Cuts his own firewood for winter too. I talked to him yesterday, and he said he ripped out about 600ft of old fence with my youngest brother and a 1951 Ford 9N in 2 days!

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
Thats great for your pop ! Keep em working I guess ! I have my 70yr old dad working with me... Sure wish he would chill out though before something breaks. I also hope I have the juice like that when I'm 70!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Like D2 cat said love him and tell him every time you see him. Cause as much as none of us want to think about it, they dont stay around forever, and by God we sure miss them when they go.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
My old neighbor, literally old, is 88 ish. Went to Germany after the Eagles Nest was taken and spent years driving around the German countryside blasting old strongholds to rubble.

Met his Wife, Inga, who has been in the States soo long she forgot German, but still has a thick accent when speaking english.

He was a diesel mechanic for what sounds like 150 years. He splits and stacks firewood to sell to supplement his retirement. I always told him his Generation was the greatest this Nation was ever blessed to have. He can work me under the table. He lets me do the heavy lifting, wear myself out and tells me to go get a beer while "he handles it".

Im going to miss him tremendously when he passes. The Sage Wisdom I couldn't really get anywhere else. The guy has seen the world, farmed in Kansas, stared at a tornado, cheated in NASCAR races, hunted deer with a .50 cal on a Jeep, and was the coolest neighbor ever.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
That's great to see your dad still 'getting it done' at 84.
My uncle is '94 now, he served in WWII in the army in Germany , has several items from there, german officers binoculars and hand gun both with the swaker on them. One story of his was marching in Europe with mud to their knees , as a jeep was passing the passenger said "hows it going boys"...the soldier in front of my uncle said if you had your fat ass out of that jeep you'd know !!..."stop the jeep" he yelled and out into the mud jumped the famous General Pattern. Perl grip six guns and all..."who said THAT"..re repeted over and over. LOL..Luckly my uncle survived and made it home wounded by scrapnel. But served until the war ended.
Your dad or my uncle. They just don't make men like that anylonger. The love of God and country. Honor and a handshake ment something.
My uncle still drives and buys his firewood cut and split now, but still stacks it and burns it.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Now 89, I am not burning wood any more but find other ways to keep going. However, if us old guys just sit and watch TV, then our name soon ends up in the obits. Gotta keep active is my motto, including you know where.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Now 89, I am not burning wood any more but find other ways to keep going. However, if us old guys just sit and watch TV, then our name soon ends up in the obits. Gotta keep active is my motto, including you know where.
True that!

My granddad was 83 when cancer ended his farming career. Every year he was going to retire next year.

I miss that man!