7.2-16; 12.4-24 Ag to Industrial????

bigt88

Nov 24, 2014
louisiana
Ag Tires -7.2-16 in front. 12.4-24 in rear.
Is it possible to convert this to Industrial tires without swapping rim?

What sizes would work? What size rims would I have to get if new rims are needed?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Ag Tires -7.2-16 in front. 12.4-24 in rear.
Is it possible to convert this to Industrial tires without swapping rim?

What sizes would work? What size rims would I have to get if new rims are needed?
what tractor? is it DT/4wd?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There are a few options, Knowing what tractor your dealing with might open some more possibilities.

Industrials do not come in 16" rim size, so you would have to change at least the fronts.

Front: 10-16.5 or 31x13.00-16.5
Rear: 420/70-24

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Tucker Tires as recommended by Wolfman are an outstanding option. You should first list your tires on Craigslist and here on the forum - there may well be someone out there that would love to make a trade!
I had industrials. I bought AG tires from Tucker, then sold my industrials on Craigslist. The guy that bought them then turned around and had to sell his AGs on Craigslist. We would both have been way ahead with a swap...

bigt88

Nov 24, 2014
louisiana
Cant thank you enough North Idaho Wolfman....Soon as I get this leak fix I will start saving for new tires and wheels.

My current rims and tires are pretty bad off. One Front and one rear has some dry rot around the valve stems and the tires are in poor conditions. rubber flapping off in one section. Ill post some pics when I get them though...

The tractor wont be used to cut my yards are anything mainly just to play with at the hunting camp and work some food plots and stuff. I'm actually considering going back with AG's for the traction but cant see myself bush hogging or working any land while its wet. My son on the other hand is 4 and is a Tractor lover. He will have me riding him on this thing every chance he gets.. The yard is 3 acres so I can definitely see it taking its spins around the yard.

Last edited: