60" mmm

SwampCat

Equipment
B7510 HSD
Jun 7, 2015
Northern,Wi. U.S.A.
Well I finally got my new to me RCK60-24B deck mounted on my also new to me B7510 and took it out for a test mow. Couple of questions. How warm or hot should the belt pulleys be ? Mine felt WARM after 10 min. The deck was just greased and the bearings sound good. Also the deck does not lift all the way up. All of the adjustments were set per Kubota spec. Do I need to shorten the connecting rods or is the 3-point not raising to its limit ? How can I tell if the 3-point is using its full range of travel . I see the manual talks about the lower level, how do I know if the upper level is all the way up ?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Well I finally got my new to me RCK60-24B deck mounted on my also new to me B7510 and took it out for a test mow. Couple of questions. How warm or hot should the belt pulleys be ? Mine felt WARM after 10 min. The deck was just greased and the bearings sound good. Also the deck does not lift all the way up. All of the adjustments were set per Kubota spec. Do I need to shorten the connecting rods or is the 3-point not raising to its limit ? How can I tell if the 3-point is using its full range of travel . I see the manual talks about the lower level, how do I know if the upper level is all the way up ?

I will tell you that the "greasing" takes more than a few pulls of the gun. I have heard stories and I have greased mine and thought , where the hell is the grease going? I have heard that is takes a good bit of grease to fill the bearing wells. When you say "warm" - can you leave your hand on it and not be burned? If you have point laser type thermometer - shoot it and tell us what temp it is getting too, may be nothing - then again may be the front end of something not right.:)

SwampCat

Equipment
B7510 HSD
Jun 7, 2015
Northern,Wi. U.S.A.
OK, finally got some numbers. It was 86 outside, I mowed about 25 minutes, fairly thick lawn type grass,the belt and outer pulleys were 152 degrees F. Seems kinda hot to me ? I just got this deck and checked it out top to bottom,new blades,fresh oil in gearbox, greased till grease came out of the spindle bottoms with the blades off.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I don't know what the temp. of the belt and pulley should be, but I have a round baler which makes 5'wide x up to 6' tall bales. I check the bearing on all the shafts during the day and the bearings are usually 110-120 deg. Those bearings take a lot of pressure while rolling a bale. I'd think you 150 deg. might be a bit too high.

I've got some mowing to do. I'll go out and when near done take it's temp!! Mine would be a 5' belly mower on a B7100.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
SwampCat, out of curiosity I went out and mowed for 35-45 minutes last evening. I was mowing with a B7100 and belly mower.

It's been 93 deg all day so ambient temperature of iron setting in barn was 88 deg.

After mowing upper radiator hose was 196 F, lower hose was 123 F.

MMM gearbox was 134F, Idler pulley hub was 134F, Belt was 104F.

All measurements taken with HF infrared digital thermometer. So maybe they are really "guesstimates"?

SwampCat

Equipment
B7510 HSD
Jun 7, 2015
Northern,Wi. U.S.A.
Wow D2, you really got scientific. Never thought to check the in and out on the radiator. Temp guage on dash was showing barely off the C side so no worries there. I shot the temp on the belt itself and the pulley where it rides. Next time I will check the inner and outer of the belt pulley. These point and shoot temp guns sure are fun to play, I mean work with. Can get a lot of useful information with one. Thanks for your time and checking.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
SwampCat, while I was going out to get the tractor I have to go through a back yard. My wife has a "pet goose" out there. He keep hissing at me as I opened the gate. I checked his temperature. He was 94F!!:D

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
Hokie:
I have the same mower. When you put grease into the spindle zerks, it goes through the bearing and into the cup that resides under the blade. I usually grease the deck when it's off to sharpen the blades, so I can tell when it's been greased enough. And yes, it takes a fair amount.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hokie:
I have the same mower. When you put grease into the spindle zerks, it goes through the bearing and into the cup that resides under the blade. I usually grease the deck when it's off to sharpen the blades, so I can tell when it's been greased enough. And yes, it takes a fair amount.

As I was counting all the zerks and posting pictures - I looked back behind the bearing, felt a good bit of grease.

As for the spindles - on my B7100 - I cut for about 35 minutes, it was a warm evening, and i laid my hand down and felt the top pulleys and belt, neither seemed "hot" did not pull out my laser temp meter, but I would say the 3 spots I touched were not even 100 or so. I could hold my hand there a long time, it was just warm.....of course the 14 bushels of grass that end up in the top of the deck makes it hard as hell to find the spindles !:eek::D:)