50 hour service

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
same configuration on B2601

I change the fluid for the 50 hour service, nothing more than peace of mind.

this is 50 hour fluid that come out of B2601

50 hour fluid out of LX3310
Great pictures. This is pretty much how mine looked. The next hst change on the LX should be cleaner.

Sweet floor man.

Reactions: 1 user

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Interesting. Sounds like fluid replacement should be done, like on a JD. Then could wait until 450 hour mark to replace next time.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
On my B2650 I just replaced it all. I'm glad I did after seeing how it looked. With the fines it had in it, it will probably be the most important one in its lifetime.

You guys that didn't dump it and just saw a little fluid, are not seeing the whole picture. Dump the whole 5gal into a pan and drag a magnet around, you will be surprised.

My second change was much cleaner.

I have always gone by the Ford racing approach to breaking things in.
You bet. Well said.

I don't usually respond to the 50-hour dump/don't dump fluid threads.

Feel like beating my head against a wall.

I changed mine at 50 hours 8+ years ago. Got skewered for it on OTT. Member Bulldog and I always stuck firm to its importance, but to no avail. Our position was exactly as you said.

We were always in the minority.

Later, guys were finding new BX screen filters fouled with excess gasket sealant at 200-hour service...." you would have found that earlier if you did full service at 50......."

There were no pictures like B737's back then. They tell a lot in my opinion. He has a nice shop floor, too.....🤓

Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
u guys are making me all bashful 😁. its a mess in there!

totally agree with RCW, all the time (and money) we spend on our machines, it's at least peace of mind for a few dollars. We probably over service, but sleep better!

I did fluid change on my dads BX a few months ago...
me: dad when was the last time you changed the fluid on the BX?
him: i dunno... 15 years ago?
me: ok its time... 🤣

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
u guys are making me all bashful 😁. its a mess in there!

totally agree with RCW, all the time (and money) we spend on our machines, it's at least peace of mind for a few dollars. We probably over service, but sleep better!

I did fluid change on my dads BX a few months ago...
me: dad when was the last time you changed the fluid on the BX?
him: i dunno... 15 years ago?
me: ok its time... 🤣
Yeah, after that first change, I don't see why it needs changing every 400 hours. Doesn't get very hot and is enclosed. Maybe if you're removing couplings a lot, etc. maybe a good idea, but I've never ever removed a coupling.

On the 2025R, think it says filter and HST oil replacement at 200 hours. I didn't. Only did the filter. Did fluid replacement at 50.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Yeah, after that first change, I don't see why it needs changing every 400 hours. Doesn't get very hot and is enclosed. Maybe if you're removing couplings a lot, etc. maybe a good idea, but I've never ever removed a coupling.

On the 2025R, think it says filter and HST oil replacement at 200 hours. I didn't. Only did the filter. Did fluid replacement at 50.
Good point. On the HST's everything shares the same hydraulic oil. I know for me and others that have multiple hydraulic attachments, the shared oil and what is being done with it will do a lot to the age as well.

I run an auger driven by a hydraulic motor as well as a bunch of other attachments, I do all the oils at the same time on mine (every 200hrs). It's a small tractor with only 5gal. so it isn't that big a deal.

Also any time you "borrow" a hydraulic attachment or rent one, that oil (and whatever else is in it) will be blended right in, and it probably won't be SUDT

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
I just did the 50 hour service on my L3901 and when I replaced the HST filter with the magnetic ring on it I found a rubber piece sitting in the filter when I took it off. It is pictured below. Anyone know what it may be?

Attachments

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The dealer told me to buy a new magnetic filter ring and install it on the new filter before removing the old filter. That way the filter swap is fast and you lose less fluid.

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
Nov 2, 2021
The dealer told me to buy a new magnetic filter ring and install it on the new filter before removing the old filter. That way the filter swap is fast and you lose less fluid.
The new filter I put on had the magnet on it. Didn't lose but about a quart of fluid. I just was shocked by the rubber piece. It seemed like a piece of caulk.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The new filter I put on had the magnet on it. Didn't lose but about a quart of fluid. I just was shocked by the rubber piece. It seemed like a piece of caulk.
Really. I understood that the magnet was supposed to be re-used and didn’t come with the filter?

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
Nov 2, 2021
Really. I understood that the magnet was supposed to be re-used and didn’t come with the filter?
The old part number may not have come with it but the new part number HH3A0-82623 includes the magnetic ring.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Hmm. Informative stuff. I remembered an old filter attached to the bottom of the stairway to the carriage house attic. Filter appears still good. Never used it much. May just catch oil in a clean container and use the filter via the Ironton extractor pump sucking on the container and filter exit back to the tractor's HST.

Can drain with the tractor on the ramp going up to its spot in the carriage house with the 2 filters on uphill side to minimize fluid loss per the one poster's dealer comment.

Only 3 hours away.

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
I just did the 50 hour service on my L3901 and when I replaced the HST filter with the magnetic ring on it I found a rubber piece sitting in the filter when I took it off. It is pictured below. Anyone know what it may be?
Perhaps it's a bit of silicone from the assembly process?
Don't think I'd be concerned.
Good Luck!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Finding particles in a factory-installed filter doesn’t mean much. Those are from the manufacturing processes. That’s the reason they want it replaced at 50 hrs.
What would be concerning is finding shavings in subsequent filters.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've changed all three filters on two MX6000s now and both hydraulic oil filters came with new magnets installed on the filter. The transmission filter doesn't have a magnet of course.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I understand the "peace of mind" approach to changing the hydraulic oil at 50 hours but I haven't done that on either MX, just all three filters. This is how the hydraulic filters looked at the 50 hour mark. I asked the local dealer about changing the hydraulic oil at 50 hours and they don't even change the filter at that service interval.

MX6000 HST

mx6000hst_hyd_filter_50hrs.jpg

MX6000 HSTC

mx6000hstc_hyd_filter_50hrs.jpg

Last edited: