4760 snowblower

jlb2500hd

Mar 30, 2015
Fultonville, ny
I bought a new 4760, I am currently using my 72” snow blower but would like to upsize to 84”. Anyone know if tractor will handle this size, it seems to handle the 72 easily. Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
All depends on the model snowblower and HP requirement

FYI: Saying you have a 4760 is like saying you have a Chevy, give a little more info when your looking to get info back. Like It is a L4760HSTC (or whatever you have).

Reactions: 1 user

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
Your 4760 is at 39 pto hp while my 4240 is at 35 pto hp. I use a l2195 6 foot blower, and I feel like I could handle more, but if snow depths are over a foot of wetter heavy snow, I can only travel about 1-1.5 mph. ( to keep spillover to a minimum) If you had an extra foot of clearing, I imagine your speed would have to be slower than that for deeper snow. But if you are in area that doesn’t get deep snowfalls, you would probably be fine. But if you live in area that gets a lot snow, I’d probably stick with the 6 foot blower. But just and opinion, I don’t have any experience with the 4760.

Juse for fun, I went to Kubota’s website and built various l60 machines. The l4060 is first tractor that the 80“ blower is available to build with and all higher hp machines above that. So it may be a good fit. Probably call a dealer to find out for sure though.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Juse for fun, I went to Kubota’s website and built various l60 machines. The l4060 is first tractor that the 80“ blower is available to build with and all higher hp machines above that. So it may be a good fit. Probably call a dealer to find out for sure though.
Agree that a local dealer would know more about hp requirements vs type and amount of snow. Another thing to consider is the weight of the blower. My 50 pto hp tractor has been able to drive my IH-80 (84"?) blower just fine in the fluffly snows we've had so far, but you sure notice when you lift it up- the tractor rocks significantly. On the JD 3020 you didn't even notice. But the HST more than makes up for the lack of PTO hp--I can go as slow as I need to (so far).

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Buy it and adjust your speed given the conditions. When the snow is easy to toss, you'll enjoy the extra speed or just the ability to blow a wider path (blower width / tire width ratio). In deep wet snow slow down and be glad your tires aren't driving in any of the spillage.

For years I used a L3130 HST with the 6' front blower that is now on the L4740HSTC. The extra HP helps, but I was always happy with the blower on the L3130 and the fact there was some spare tire clearance with the snow. This becomes important if your path curves as many driveways do.

After first year of using the L4740 with tires being nearly as wide as the tire width, fabricated wings that have worked well over the last couple of years. (Thread exists on the wing fabrication)

Good luck