40,000 Ford Super Duty trucks at a closed race track in Kentucky.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
so if they start and run, what 'chip' do they need ? why can't they be sold ??
never hear any 'details'.....
There was various modules they were short on, depended on the model/trim level. I didn’t pull up the dealer letter (there was several) but it was some climate control modules, seat and door module, radio/infotainment modules. They fixed that issue though, they just started dropping options off the vehicles 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I'll report back when I take delivery. I likely won't see it until mid/late November.
If they are missing you will get $50 off and a rain check lol. They are saying it could be at least 6 months before they get them.

• Haha

Oldstuff

Equipment
L 3400
Jun 1, 2022
Missouri
Many many GM vehicles are parked at the rece track in East St louis in IL. Don't know how accurate this is but a fellow told me when a dealer sells one they go there and put a chip in the vehicle and bring it back to the dealer for delivery. One day they had one that would not start and after a close look mice had got to the wire harnes and chewed it up.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
so if they start and run, what 'chip' do they need ? why can't they be sold ??
never hear any 'details'.....
It's not really "a chip", it is chips in general. The root of the issue is silicon itself which is used to make them. In 2020 silicon mining took a halt. Demand skyrocketed due to the mass buying of laptops, phones and other devices used for remote work and school. Auto manufacturers pulled back orders thinking demand for cars, trucks and boats would fall. But they didn't. 0% financing and boredom of those that still had jobs pushed people to buy new toys. So here we are.
Some manufacturers got lucky and the ones they couldn't get were for example adaptive cruise or 360 cameras. They sold them anyway. Others, it was ABS or rear cameras. Those are safety features required by DOT. Those are sitting.
Disclaimer- I dunno what DOT requires specifically. I just know that if the car doesn't have to have the function to meet safety standards it can be sold.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Wow. There’s a definite need for mental health care in this country.
Its more like a gullible problem, or is that considered mental health issue now? The "BIRDS ARENT REAL" conspiracy theory is a fake conspiracy theory and fake organization.
I think its meant to show how easy it is for people to fall for conspiracy theories.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Its more like a gullible problem, or is that considered mental health issue now? The "BIRDS ARENT REAL" conspiracy theory is a fake conspiracy theory and fake organization.
I think its meant to show how easy it is for people to fall for conspiracy theories.
IDK if it’s a mental health issue or just a case of “stupid can’t be fixed.”

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Been watching for Tahoe prices to return to the pre-covid pricing of 10% or more under list. Some are coming through "less than complete". Not sure how many vehicles lack exactly what, but here's a cut-and-paste from one dealer on Cargurus:

" Vehicles built prior to January 24 2022 include Front and Rear Park Assist. Certain vehicles built on or after January 24 2022 will be forced to include (00Z) Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist which removes Front and Rear Park Assist. See the window label for the features on a specific vehicle.), NOT EQUIPPED WITH STEERING COLUMN LOCK see dealer for details (Beginning with start of regular production October 2021 all vehicles will be forced to include (R7N) Not Equipped with Steering Column Lock which removes Steering Column Lock.), "

I've also heard that some non-essential things will be dealer-installed when available, but haven't seen that in print.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The truck graphics were done with the use of Photoshop!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I was at the local Lincoln dealer last week and was told many Lincolns are coming in with some options
missing. They called it "de-optioned". The sticker will show an option lined out, with the term "de-optioned" after it.
As for pricing, the cheapest (?) new car was a Corsair, with a sticker of $46K.
Then at the opposite end was a Navigator (loaded) with a sticker of $123.5K.
Not sure what it would take to get them off the lot, but they claimed they were not charging "dealer markups" because of short inventory.