3rd function valve on a B2601

Tomztoy

Equipment
L3901 FEL BH Grapple Post Hole Digger Flail Mower Back Blade Rake Stump Grinder
Oct 28, 2016
Cleveland TN
I had a dealer install a 3rd function valve for a grapple. I got the B2601 back (again) today and thought it was strange that it stuck out so far.
I am not real handy doing this kind of work but I think it should be installed on the inside of the vertical support not the outside. The kit is from a Land Pride, dealer said no Kubota kits were available.
The first time I got the tractor back hydraulic fluid shot out in a stream under pressure (all over my truck) so back it went.
Am I asking to much to have it located correctly?

Thanks for your thoughts

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I had a dealer install a 3rd function valve for a grapple. I got the B2601 back (again) today and thought it was strange that it stuck out so far.
I am not real handy doing this kind of work but I think it should be installed on the inside of the vertical support not the outside. The kit is from a Land Pride, dealer said no Kubota kits were available.
The first time I got the tractor back hydraulic fluid shot out in a stream under pressure (all over my truck) so back it went.
Am I asking to much to have it located correctly?

Thanks for your thoughts
You may not fully understand what is installed on your tractor.
My interpretation of your photo is that you now have a hydraulic selector valve. Probably it uses the bucket hydraulic circuit and sends that high pressure and return flow to your grapple. Think of it as a toggle switch.

You have control of your bucket OR you have control of your grapple.
The bucket remains locked in place while you use the grapple.

This selector valve likely has 6 hoses + some wiring going to it.
It can be difficult to package all that plumbing hence the location chosen. Depending upon your concerns, you could install a guard over it.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm sorry, but that is the most half a$$ed install I've ever seen on third function valve! :eek:
Why would anyone mount it there, it's out in open to get wacked. :(

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I'm sorry, but that is the most half a$$ed install I've ever seen on third function valve! :eek:
Why would anyone mount it there, it's out in open to get wacked. :(
I agree. That looks like an install done by Dumb and Dumber.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Yeah, as others have said your dealer really screwed up that install. Click HERE for the land pride install instructions from the Messick's site. Not only is it mounted on the wrong side it is also missing a Z bracket between the valve block and the vertical support which puts it inboard even more.