3pt reciever hitch w/top ball And grab hook

blkfl1

Equipment
bx2370
Jun 9, 2013
Harvard IL
Hi all
I made this 3pt receiver hitch with a top ball if I ever needed to attach a rope and a grab hook for lifting what ever mabe ripping out a bush or something.
Check it out.
Let me know what you all think.
New Pics

Attachments

Last edited:

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Very nice job, that looks like it will be handy.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT, and that looks very meticulously and well built!
Nice work.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Hi all
I made this 3pt receiver hitch with a top ball if I ever needed to attach a rope and a grab hook for lifting what ever mabe ripping out a bush or something.
Check it out.
Let me know what you all think.
great looking job! Remember when your pulling from that upper hook its easy to do a wheelie, little wheelies make all the tractors weight work for you, big wheelies your wife has to call the undertaker.

Thats also pretty neat how you stack your tractors up against the wall, sure saves a lot of space that way.:)

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Nice looking work! Great ideas!

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
great looking job! Remember when your pulling from that upper hook its easy to do a wheelie, little wheelies make all the tractors weight work for you, big wheelies your wife has to call the undertaker.

Thats also pretty neat how you stack your tractors up against the wall, sure saves a lot of space that way.:)
I have to agree about the hook, I would remove the trailer ball and the hook so you are never tempted to use them. Everything you pull must be attached below the rear axle. I have seen too many injuries from attaching too high.
Even my smart-ass friend thought he could just pop the clutch in when the front end came up - nice idea but under load like that the clutch did not disengage.

Stuart

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Looks like a goose neck trailer mover, nice work but becareful, as others have mentioned unwanted wheelies and prying a seat out of your butt can arise...

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
My plan is similar, but has receiver tubing at back (as yours), plus top and bottom. That allows use of a ball mounts, grab hook mounts, clevis mounts, chisel/buster mount on bottom, etc. And all mounts can be set at any location for whatever reason. A simple extension of my standard tool mount. I have vises, bench grinders, tubing bender, bar/strap bender (like a Hosfeld), bead roller, brake/shear, etc, all mounted on 2" tubing. These can be mounted in one of 3 receivers on my heavy fab table, 2 on my my rolling heavy project/grinding table (weights about 400 lbs), a fixed floor mount column (mostly for the roll bar tubing bender), or adapters that let me mount any of it from a truck receiver hitch (front and rear on my 1 ton K5, or rears on C10 and 2500HD). Very flexible, and when I get it done (with cooler weather) also my tractor with the new 3 point adapter. Will probably make a clamp on for the FEL bucket as well. Receiver tubing makes a great standard mount for flexible options. Additions I foresee include a mini boom, lift platform (similar to the load carriers that fit vehicle receiver hitches), Forks, and so on.

chip812

Equipment
L35
Jul 9, 2013
Alabama
Very nice. And looks very well built. I wish I had welding skills like that! :D Since I don't, I bought one of these. It accepts a 2"x2" receiver and coupled with a drawbar, works great for moving trailers around with my tractor... :)

moondog933

Equipment
M7040,Landpride Cutter RCF 2784,FEL LA 1153,FORKS PFL 3048,John Deere MX10
Jul 26, 2013
oberlin, la.
I built one just like it except for the receiver hitch, welded reinforced tab to mount ball on to keep weight closer to the tractor....I learned one thing, when pulling a brand new gooseneck stock trailer on the top gooseneck ball, please beware of uneven ground like dips or small ditch because the top of the cab or open top cover will come in contact with the trailer... :(