3 pt lower link arms

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
hello newbie here to this forum, I have a B2320 and my lower link arms will not stay separated but fall together almost hitting each other and that makes it difficult hooking up to the 3 pt what can i do the prevent this from happening or is it as simple as putting a board in between them?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
hello newbie here to this forum, I have a B2320 and my lower link arms will not stay separated but fall together almost hitting each other and that makes it difficult hooking up to the 3 pt what can i do the prevent this from happening or is it as simple as putting a board in between them?
You should have either turnbuckles or a sliding bar with pins on both arms. You can adjust them to hold the arms wider than needed until you are in position to attach the implement. Another tip: buy a 6’ digging bar to use to lever your implement into position for attachment.

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
thankyou for your reply, those turnbuckles you mention are all the way loose, if tightened it would bring the arms closer together. With the turnbuckles loose - the arms just fall back to center when I let go. There is that little weight on the tractor end of those turnbuckles that seem to be pulling the arms inward when that weight falls down??? I may have to use bungy cords to hold the arms apart?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You probably have something hooked up incorrectly. Post a picture for help.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can just hold the arms apart with bungie cords or a board.

Be careful the arms can’t get into contact with the rear wheels and damage the arm, tire or tractor

LenPA

Equipment
l3901
Jan 2, 2022
Sayre,Pennsylvania,USA
You should have either turnbuckles or a sliding bar with pins on both arms. You can adjust them to hold the arms wider than needed until you are in position to attach the implement. Another tip: buy a 6’ digging bar to use to lever your implement into position for attachment.
I lower my 5' Land Pride brush hog onto 4 pieces of 6' PVC cut to 6' length). It makes it easier to maneuver next time to mount it. Make sure the blades do not hit the PVC pieces when lowering .

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Your B2320 has turnbuckles, inside the lift arms. You need telescoping stabilizers to keep the arms stationary.

Attachments

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Telescoping stabilizers will accomplish what the board is doing. They are rigid mount, vs turnbuckles. You can adjust the arms wide and pin them.

It isn't necessary for your arms to be spread wide, past the link pins, to hook up an implement. Lower your arms to just below the frame/link pins, and back up until the arm ends line up. You can then spread the arms and manually lift them onto the pins. You can definitely hook implements up that way. With telescoping stabilizers on my tractor, that's still how I do it.

Last edited:

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
Id like to thank all posters for your help and input. Looks like i will just have to use bungi cords or the spacer board to hold the lower arms apart when hooking up to 3 pt. I will also look into getting the HF quick hitch. With the quick hitch, is the top link still adjustable to tilt implements?