3 Pt Hitch Mower Offset??

clippy

Equipment
Kubota B6100D w/ Kubota FL1000 Tiller, Kubota Bedder, Brush Hog Mower
Hi all. In the spirit that "the only stupid question is the one not asked..." here's my question. I have what looks to be a home made bush mower that came with my B6100D. Don't have any photos of it at the moment. Sorry. I am wondering if I can hook it up to the 3 pt hitch so that it is kind of offset? What I was wondering is if I can shorten one turnbuckle and lengthen the other so the mower is kind of sticking off to one side. It wouldn't be offset a great deal, but it might be enough to make getting the weeds and shrubs growing up along the road in front of my house a bit easier. I know the skids won't be pointing straight ahead so that might be an issue. Would the PTO Shaft stand up to this? Is it even safe from an operating point of view? What does everyone think?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You won't be able to adjust very far because the 3-point arms will be hitting your tires. That angle won't harm your u-joints, because it won't be that great.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
You might also be able to accomplish a little offset, by reversing 1 lower pin, so it points toward the middle of the 3 point hitch, just be careful to check that it doesn't come near the PTO shaft, during operation...:D

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
I off-set my rear mount mower.
This allows me to get tight to the trees without being slapped in the face by branches. I doubt I get more than 8 to 12 inches of off-set but enough that it helps.