3 Point rear snow blower for a B2650 with cab.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I know it's still Summer, but I want to get o a blower before the Winter rush happens. My wheel width is ~58", what is the narrowest rear snow blower you would get for this tractor? Any suggestions on brands to look at and brands to avoid. I'm in S.E. Minnesota.

Thanks

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Take a look at a Woodmaxx SB-60, I have a 72" wide model that I run with my 30-50 PTO HP tractors.

They are a nice quality build and overall an excellent company for support. Your PTO HP will likely be the limiting factor on width.

Good luck with your search.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Take a look at a Woodmaxx SB-60, I have a 72" wide model that I run with my 30-50 PTO HP tractors.

They are a nice quality build and overall an excellent company for support. Your PTO HP will likely be the limiting factor on width.

Good luck with your search.

Funny you suggest that one. I have it in my cart with the electric rotation. They are out of stock until August, but I am thinking very heavily towards getting it. I just wish it was a couple of inches wider.

Last edited:

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Funny you suggest that one. I have it in my cart with the electric rotation. They are out of stock until August, but I am thinking very heavily towards getting it. I just wish it was a coupe of inches wider.
You will appreciate the correct sizing if you are going to be blowing any real snow. I know that some areas of Minnesota gets real snow. If you buy a wider unit (another 12 inch) you may regret it as you could struggle with deep and heavy snow. Your tractor will run a 72" wide unit and will operate it, just not as well as it should run. If you feel that most of your time is spent in light snow, maybe consider a 72".

I have a number of Woodmax attachments and been very pleased with their products, quality of build and service. Who cares about August delivery at this time. My 72" has dual hydraulics for rotate and chute angle. You need at least rotate adjustment from your tractor in my opinion.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I run a 5 ft. Lorenz snow blower behind my B2650 and love it. It was behind my JD750 prior but was a little much for it in hard packed snow (which I don't get much of in the farmstead). Behind the 2650 it's a snow moving beast! It's close to 30 years old now and never had a problem with it. Electric chute rotation added when purchased.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I agree with the 60" and if I want it a little bigger I could always add some smaller wings on the sides and see how that works.

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I run a 64 inch LandPride On my B2650 and it works really well. I also use the same set up on my BX 2670 with no issues as long as I ran it with the loader on for ballast.

I live in the snow belt of the western UP of Michigan

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
You will appreciate the correct sizing if you are going to be blowing any real snow. I know that some areas of Minnesota gets real snow. If you buy a wider unit (another 12 inch) you may regret it as you could struggle with deep and heavy snow. Your tractor will run a 72" wide unit and will operate it, just not as well as it should run. If you feel that most of your time is spent in light snow, maybe consider a 72".

I have a number of Woodmax attachments and been very pleased with their products, quality of build and service. Who cares about August delivery at this time. My 72" has dual hydraulics for rotate and chute angle. You need at least rotate adjustment from your tractor in my opinion.
How was your delivery experience. I’ll need to take off of work to be home to unload it. I’ve read a couple of posts where they said they would be there one day but showed up later on a different day.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
How was your delivery experience. I’ll need to take off of work to be home to unload it. I’ve read a couple of posts where they said they would be there one day but showed up later on a different day.
Delivery is nearly always a third party company who is offering LTL freight services, it's the same for all manufacturers. People have very mixed experiences. Personally I have my items delivered to an industrial facility as that's my business base, there is no one waiting around and we have fork trucks to unload so it is easy.
I recommend that you try to coordinate the shipping as best as possible but sometimes its like trying to heard cats. Good luck.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I prefer to support my local Kubota dealer on implements like blowers. You'll save on freight cost too.

Myself, I have a Lucknow (Helm Welding), 84" 2 stage with wings to take it out to 90" installed. Bought it from my dealer.

One thing to keep in mind with any blower and that is they are all power hungry in heavy wet snow. Dry powder is no issue, heavy snow is always an issue even for me..

Lets not discuss snow, will be here soon enough, sad to say.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I’ve owned Agro-trend and Lucknow blowers, the Lucknow has had the least trouble with chute clogging. I refurbed an old Lucknow and it’s build more solidly with 1/2” thick auger blades.

The manufacturers specs will guide you for sizing based on your PTO HP. I’d stick with a 60” blower for your machine, 72” max if you don’t mind going slower In deep or wet snow.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I prefer to support my local Kubota dealer on implements like blowers. You'll save on freight cost too.

Myself, I have a Lucknow (Helm Welding), 84" 2 stage with wings to take it out to 90" installed. Bought it from my dealer.

One thing to keep in mind with any blower and that is they are all power hungry in heavy wet snow. Dry powder is no issue, heavy snow is always an issue even for me..

Lets not discuss snow, will be here soon enough, sad to say.
I try to buy from my dealer too, but he wants $4,000 for the Land pride and I can get the WoodMaxx for $2,800. I guess I’m not THAT loyal to my dealer.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I try to buy from my dealer too, but he wants $4,000 for the Land pride and I can get the WoodMaxx for $2,800. I guess I’m not THAT loyal to my dealer.

Like anything else, you ALWAYS get what you pay for. The LP is built right here in the USA and keeps American people (like you employed) and supports them and their families, while the Wood Maxx blower comes from China or some other third world country in a shipping container and is sold to you. Sure, some of the profit is retained by WoodMaxx but some of it went back across the sea to pay for the unit.

No choice in my view and I wager that the LP unit is way more robust than the WM unit anyway.

Your choice, but keep in mind that if everyone chose as you do, we'd all be eating with chopsticks and speaking Chinese.

The choice is clear to me... Land Pride or a Canadian blower like a Provonost or a Lucknow like I have.

My 2 cents, take it for what it's worth but keep in mind what how it impacts your fellow workers.

Reactions: 1 users

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Like anything else, you ALWAYS get what you pay for. The LP is built right here in the USA and keeps American people (like you employed) and supports them and their families, while the Wood Maxx blower comes from China or some other third world country in a shipping container and is sold to you. Sure, some of the profit is retained by WoodMaxx but some of it went back across the sea to pay for the unit.

No choice in my view and I wager that the LP unit is way more robust than the WM unit anyway.

Your choice, but keep in mind that if everyone chose as you do, we'd all be eating with chopsticks and speaking Chinese.

The choice is clear to me... Land Pride or a Canadian blower like a Provonost or a Lucknow like I have.

My 2 cents, take it for what it's worth but keep in mind what how it impacts your fellow workers.
Excellent point, I will definitely keep that in mind while looking.

Reactions: 1 user

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

I have a Pronovost Puma 64 inch on mine. Width is just right. I added DIY electric rotation and hydraulic tilt on the chute.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

Yet you have a pair of Japanese tractors. Why not John Deeres Made in America?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Why a rear blower ? Have you considered a front mounted one, esp. SSQA type ??
Typically a sblower will be a once in a lifetime investment. I KNOW I'm not getting younger the older I get. Body don't turn as it once did......
and my BX23s was made in USA...some place in Georgia I believe ?

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Why a rear blower ? Have you considered a front mounted one, esp. SSQA type ??
Typically a sblower will be a once in a lifetime investment. I KNOW I'm not getting younger the older I get. Body don't turn as it once did......
and my BX23s was made in USA...some place in Georgia I believe ?
Basically the cost difference. I’ll look into the SSQA blowers.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
A lot depends on how much snow and area you have to do. Any more than an hour of seat time ,and I strongly suggest a front mtd blower.,though some mount BIG mirrors on their cab so they don't have to turn around all the time. There's 2 versions of SSQA,tractor or self powered. I made my own SSQA selfpowered as I wanted to easily remove blower to put bucket or blade back on, as needed. After all that's WHY we have SSQA ! Another option to look at is an ATV snowblower unit and attach to SSQA adapter.
Only you know how many hours you'll be dealing with the 'white' but overall, if you spend more now it'll pay off 5-10-20 years from now.
I bough a 5' rototiller 7 years ago to replace the 30" rider one.Wife said I was nuts(10 passes HER garden was done).EASY...HER garden keeps getting better and I don't have to fight machinery or see doc about my aching back...

Reactions: 1 user