3 Point rear snow blower for a B2650 with cab.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
We don't live in the snow capitol of the US, but I had a Pronovost blower that was a lot of fun. After building and using a front plow, the Pronovost was sold along with the L3200 that was replaced with the current tractor. The blade is way better for clearing snow - especially when it comes to parking lots. I don't clear snow anywhere that it can't be pushed out of the way.

Kubota Paul

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2018
Lions Head On. Canada
I know it's still Summer, but I want to get o a blower before the Winter rush happens. My wheel width is ~58", what is the narrowest rear snow blower you would get for this tractor? Any suggestions on brands to look at and brands to avoid. I'm in S.E. Minnesota.

Thanks
I am in Ontario. Lots of snow. I have run a 67in. blower on my B2650 for 4 winters now. They are a good match. Getting older I just purschased a front mount blower for my tractor. You would be fine with a 72in also. I used that size before my 67in. for 10 years. I would blow snow 2 ft deep with the 72in with no issues.

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
Like anything else, you ALWAYS get what you pay for. The LP is built right here in the USA and keeps American people (like you employed) and supports them and their families, while the Wood Maxx blower comes from China or some other third world country in a shipping container and is sold to you. Sure, some of the profit is retained by WoodMaxx but some of it went back across the sea to pay for the unit.

No choice in my view and I wager that the LP unit is way more robust than the WM unit anyway.

Your choice, but keep in mind that if everyone chose as you do, we'd all be eating with chopsticks and speaking Chinese.

The choice is clear to me... Land Pride or a Canadian blower like a Provonost or a Lucknow like I have.

My 2 cents, take it for what it's worth but keep in mind what how it impacts your fellow workers.

I spoke to Woodmax last summer when I was on the market, They are now built here in the U.S. They moved the Manufacturing from China to the states.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Which JD CUTs are made in America? I‘ve seen China, India, Japan.
Kind of reinforces my point: It's a global economy. I'm not at all sure there IS a sub-100hp tractor made in this country any more, and I even less sure you can buy ANY tractor that doesn't have at least a few parts out-sourced from overseas.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Like anything else, you ALWAYS get what you pay for

Wish that was true.... seems to me a LOT of stuff is way overpiced. One example. Kinda hard to understand why a 2wd, reg cab,shtbox,sml v8 pickup is priced at $43,000 + 13% taxes up here in Ontario

As for snowblowers in general... I was told to get one just a little wider than the track of the tractor,say 6" wider. Allows for more power to the blow the snow, less stress on the tractor, easier to steer.

Reactions: 1 user

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Update: I finally found a dealer with a decent price on a new Land Pride SB1064. They have it in stock and are putting the electronic chute rotation on it as we speak. Somehow they are $1,300 cheaper then the other two dealers I spoke with. I'm a little skeptical that it's to good to be true. I'll post back after I have it in hand.