3 point question

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Now maybe I missed it in the book, I dont know but I stood that bitch up on 3 wheels again this after noon, and yes I have showered and changed my shorts !!!!!! OK so I was using the bucket to try and unroot an old apple tree, and in the process managed to get the one rear tire off the ground bout 12 inches of so,,,, it felt more 5 or 6 feet. So the question stands is there any way to lock the 3 point from the MMM, no I didnt remove the mower this year I just figured that weight slung low would work for snow we never got. So is there anyway I can put the weight box on and not have to worry about it going up and down with the MMM ? Anybody ?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Now maybe I missed it in the book, I dont know but I stood that bitch up on 3 wheels again this after noon, and yes I have showered and changed my shorts !!!!!! OK so I was using the bucket to try and unroot an old apple tree, and in the process managed to get the one rear tire off the ground bout 12 inches of so,,,, it felt more 5 or 6 feet. So the question stands is there any way to lock the 3 point from the MMM, no I didnt remove the mower this year I just figured that weight slung low would work for snow we never got. So is there anyway I can put the weight box on and not have to worry about it going up and down with the MMM ? Anybody ?
Maybe I am not much help…I am chuckling at the story…it happens welcome to the club….but I guess are you asking about the 3pt hitch or pinning the MMM deck in up position? To me those are 2 different things so I am not sure what asking the way it was worded?

My B does allow to pin the deck up…go to manual(s) to me would be easiest way to see / check. In the up position there are holes on the arms that hold the deck and it can be pinned (pins were there for me). maybe different on yours but I assume similar.

unless I am not understanding though, raising deck will not keep tires on the ground….i believe it could be pinned up if similar to my B.

sorry if no help.

keep the rubber side down.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I dont think the 01 series has anything like that, BUT , I will look again sometimes I dont see what I see

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So for clarity:
You want the deck to stay up with the ability to use the three point without the deck dropping?
Or
You want to keep the three point pinned up?

Reactions: 1 user

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Raise the MMM, then turn the mower height dial (it's more or less just behind your left foot) to "Top" position." The MMM will stay up, and the 3PH will still operate.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
First check your manual(s) but then look at you deck does it have a u/v bracket on the front on each side see pick below (should have a pin hole? If so run it too very top and see if it aligns to a hole…check and see if manual suggests pinning the deck up from that location.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
What I want is the 3 point to stay UP and still use the MMM I cant find anything in my search so maybe not

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So for clarity:
You want the deck to stay up with the ability to use the three point without the deck dropping?
Or
You want to keep the three point pinned up?
Yes keep the 3 point up that way the weight box doesnt drag when I mow if that makes any sense

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I don’t know anything about your specific tractor so don’t know if it has a function that allows pinning the 3 point up and leaving the MMM mobile. If it does, that’s probably the preferable method.

I do know I have a thing on the pegboard we used to use for pinning up the 3 point on our old 9N. It was just a kind of longish toplink pin with a short chain permanently attached to the head end by way of a repair link that had been beaten around it. Hook the other end to some part of the implement (preferably somewhere in the vicinity of the middle) or a lift arm on the back side of a side link (maybe not ideal, but works).

If that doesn’t make complete sense and you’re interested in what exactly it is, I’ll take a pic or two next time I’m in the same building with it. Haven’t used it in a few years and no longer have the 9N but about 95% sure I know where it is.

Even if you don’t do exactly that, basically chain it up to something.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Skeets- the BX tractors have little “tabs” to pin/hang the side lift links to, but don’t know if the same applies to the B’s.

You should have them on your BX2360 because I do. Just don’t know if you have them on your B.

Disconnects the side links from the rock shaft, etc. They just hang from the tabs.

That would keep the 3PH up and let you raise/lower the MMM.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Okay, now that you've clarified your need, I have a BX2380 and there are holes in the rear frame that allow pinning the 3 point up.
The problem is that it involves disconnecting the lifting arms, meaning you'd need to somehow jack the attached weight box up far enough to allow making the connections.
That's the only way I can see it working for you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes keep the 3 point up that way the weight box doesnt drag when I mow if that makes any sense
Some are saying there are support or holes to do it?
I would have to see one to know.
Someone want to supply a picture?
I just went and looked at several picture's and I'm pretty sure those holes are for tie downs and not meant to hold the three point arms up.
All the units I know of, you can not PIN the three point arms up.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
It's not going to work Skeets the place the lift arms pin to is just a storage place to lock the 3pt arms to that keeps them up but will allow you to still use the MMM. It would be to high to have anything on the 3 point.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Some are saying there are support or holes to do it?
I would have to see one to know.
Someone want to supply a picture?
I just went and looked at several picture's and I'm pretty sure those holes are for tie downs and not meant to hold the three point arms up.
All the units I know of, you can not PIN the three point arms up.

DSCN0315.jpg

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The BX has 2 places you can attach the 3 point arms the B2601 doesnt. The 3 point arms and the MMM are using the same levers, to raise and lower on both the BX and the B, I think the big B's now the 50 series had something different, So maybe I am just wishing here,, thanks for all the input

dan’s kubby

Equipment
BX23S, B2672 snow plow, Land Pride SGC0554 Grapple, Titan 4306 Gra
Feb 8, 2024
NE PA
Be careful with the belly mower on. If you end up sliding on the mower deck it acts like skis. No reverse traction will stop it.
846BCBA8-1FF9-4A1E-A54B-AFEC1B5A9033.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Sorry for the stupid question skeets, but how difficult is it to just remove the weight box, and put it back on when you need it?

Maybe I missed the point. But I assumed that if you were concerned with the weight box moving with the MMM, and that you were concerned about using the MMM...and the weight box dropping against the ground when using the MMM...

Seems like for the application you referred to, the height of the weight box would have little affect on the effect it has on holding the rear tires on the ground.

Side slope it would...but you were not referring to side slopes...

Edit: I think I may have expressed my post bassackwards, but I guess I don't see the relationship. Your rear tires lifted off the ground and it was uncomfortable. Was the weight box on the tractor at the time? Maybe that was the point I missed...

Easily confused here...maybe a western PA thing? LOL