2022 vacations ?

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
We had the left over tickets that got cancelled by covid in 2020. The airfare was for Nashville then But I wanted to go to Yellowstone and she did too. So looking and watching flight prices to Boseman. It would of been $1000. more in airfare to fly into Boseman then just stick with the Nashville tickets.
We will be heading to Bowling Green for a couple days. Corvette museum and I've never fished in Kin-tucky. So I'll be beating the water with a fly rod there for a while.
Daren must be skinny as Ive heard Hawaii has weight limits on visitors..you gotta be slim. So that vacation will never happen for me.

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
Wife and I saw a friend of our daughters at a local restaurant last week. She said forgive me if I sound confused and slurred. She said she was in Nashville with friends and they were directly off Broadway and a guy came up out of the blue and punched her in the face. Hit her so hard her head hit the concrete wall and gave her a bad concussion. She said the guys friend was shockEd that he did this and gave her all his info. What the Heck is going on in Cities around the Country.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We had the left over tickets that got cancelled by covid in 2020. The airfare was for Nashville then But I wanted to go to Yellowstone and she did too. So looking and watching flight prices to Boseman. It would of been $1000. more in airfare to fly into Boseman then just stick with the Nashville tickets.
We will be heading to Bowling Green for a couple days. Corvette museum and I've never fished in Kin-tucky. So I'll be beating the water with a fly rod there for a while.
Daren must be skinny as Ive heard Hawaii has weight limits on visitors..you gotta be slim. So that vacation will never happen for me.
I haven't heard of any weight limits. Booked the flights and the room at the resort. Booked the flight with the unused miles on the credit card. Flight cost us $250 put of pocket.

The resort on the other hand...... but this is a bucket list vacation, so we decided to splurge.

Neighbors down the street are going in a couple months. We're going late September after peak tourist season.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
How did u get Mrs to go on vacation
Without u? That's my kinda life...

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
with what everything costs there ain't no vacation for me either. I'm really feeling the inflation but I also prepared for it knowing it was coming. Comfortable, but not by much.

We had originally planned to go to a place off the coast of SW Florida, my friend has a condo out there and we try to make it out there every so often. Usually drive. 18 hours one way but I'm ok with that. With the cost of fuel now, it's out of the question unless we can get the condo basically for free and that's not going to happen--it's booked up until April 2023, one week is still ours but we haven't paid yet. We will have to make the decision before 1 June, but it's not looking good.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was thining about maybe trying to go back to the GWN and do some fishing this year, between gas prices and the crazies I just may stay here on the high ground

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
Stay away from Memphis 👍👍👍👍 or if anyone decides to visit, stay in Mississippi.

Memphis is a crime infested dump.
We lived in Midtown and then later bought a house in Walls, MS before moving back to KY. When we visit Memphis on a weekend trip, we always stay in Southaven...lol I don't miss the problems in Memphis, but I sure miss the BBQ!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We lived in Midtown and then later bought a house in Walls, MS before moving back to KY. When we visit Memphis on a weekend trip, we always stay in Southaven...lol I don't miss the problems in Memphis, but I sure miss the BBQ!
I stay a little east of south haven when I do a branch visit there. They tried to put me up in a hotel in e.phis once.

I pulled in, pulled out, and then went south to Mississippi and got my own room on my company card.

Told the person booking the room "good luck explaining your expense report!!!!" 😂🤣😂🤣

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
In September 2022, my fiancé and I would like to dine at a hotel or Chinese restaurant for our wedding dinner. Please let me know if you have any recommendations. I'm trying to stay within our budget. I'd appreciate it if you could also recommend a shopping store.
:LOL:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I closed the sawmill down yesterday where it will stay for a couple of weeks. Wife & I will be getting ready the first of the week and blast off Thursday AM. Rentz, Georgia, Foley, Alabama, and Ocean Springs, MS. It's time for us to kick back.

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Just a friendly reminder: nefarious types monitor threads titled like this hoping to link vacant homes as robbery targets. Be careful with any links of your names & addresses combined with departure dates etc.

Sucks but it’s the world we live in.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yup, sadly true, but ours will not be vacant. We have school teacher grandchildren here so our home will still be occupied.

mrmurph1965

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 Loader,
Oct 5, 2021
NWMissouri
We were in Placencia Belize in February and just got back from Nashville on Friday. Both trips were wonderful and uneventful from a negative perspective.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We are ready:
IMG_2086.JPG

That is a "custom built for me" 24' with one slide. Lightweight and handy.

Reactions: 1 user

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Umm... 'Rona is still a thing so you aren't going anywhere, okay? Stay home and keep your eyes glued to the news stations for up to date info on the new fungus among us that's killing everyone.

Thank you for complying, citizen.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Umm... 'Rona is still a thing so you aren't going anywhere, okay? Stay home and keep your eyes glued to the news stations for up to date info on the new fungus among us that's killing everyone.

Thank you for complying, citizen.
I was reading about that "Rona stuff recently.

"Moderna received about $15 billion from the federal government to produce and sell to the government a vaccine that really has not done much to prevent the spread of the Wuhan Flu. As we know now, healthy people would have been better off getting the virus and building up their own natural immunities. When you add in the boosters purchased by the federal government, including those purchased by our government to give to people in other countries, Moderna made about $20 billion off of the vaccine.

It turns out that they (allegedly) stole two patents to produce their vaccine. They were not concerned about liability for the theft and now we know why. In a case filed against Moderna last year by the two companies that own the two patents, the US Government intervened to notify the court that the USA received the benefit of the stolen patents so, you guessed it, the government will be paying the patent owners’ damages. Yup, there goes another $10 billion or so to two more big democrat donors. In essence, we are going to be paying double for a vaccine that did not deliver any significant benefit to the people of the United States."

"

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
It's only money. My betters have decided for me that I don't need much of it.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I was reading about that "Rona stuff recently.

"Moderna received about $15 billion from the federal government to produce and sell to the government a vaccine that really has not done much to prevent the spread of the Wuhan Flu. As we know now, healthy people would have been better off getting the virus and building up their own natural immunities. When you add in the boosters purchased by the federal government, including those purchased by our government to give to people in other countries, Moderna made about $20 billion off of the vaccine.

It turns out that they (allegedly) stole two patents to produce their vaccine. They were not concerned about liability for the theft and now we know why. In a case filed against Moderna last year by the two companies that own the two patents, the US Government intervened to notify the court that the USA received the benefit of the stolen patents so, you guessed it, the government will be paying the patent owners’ damages. Yup, there goes another $10 billion or so to two more big democrat donors. In essence, we are going to be paying double for a vaccine that did not deliver any significant benefit to the people of the United States."

"
Operation Warp speed was a republican claim to fame.
Both parties get hefty donations from big pharma.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Short trips to further upstate NY and Maine with the pop-up.
Will have to work around the grand kid's work schedule. Leaving a teenager at home alone will not fly with the wife.
We are both retired so there is not too much to take a vacation from. We actually like hanging out here.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was just curious if anyone had any exciting vacation plans for this year. I personally haven't made any solid plans yet, but I recently stumbled upon some interesting tours in Costa Rica.
I would love to tour some coffee plantations in Central and South America! I roast coffee beans every few days and just updated my current roaster with a kit so that I can run it with Artisan software via USB.

I'm heading to England in June/July to visit my brother and nieces and hopefully I'll get to drive (work) some of these. I have to do something to cover food and housing for the duration! :LOL:

claas_1.jpg

fendt_1.jpg

claas_2.jpg

yard.jpg