2018 kubota grey paint color

GamblerAcres

Oct 29, 2018
Ohio
I know TSC has the rustoleum kubota orange which is a pretty good match but is there a grey equivalent? My new 2018 MX5200 has a couple of small rust spots forming already so I'd like to get on it before they get any worse. Thanks.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If anyone beside the dealer has the blue-grey, it's news to me. Remember, the ROPS is a different color than the transmission and engine.

I find the Rustoleum Kubby orange to be an almost perfect match. The other stuff they sell isn't. It's an Orange 1 match.

You can derfray the cost of the dealer paint by buying a quart and reducing it and spraying it yourself. Lots cheaper than the thinned stuff in the rattle can.

If anyone has a non dealer match for the ROPS grey or the blue-grey, please chime in....

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Gambler,
Almost any auto paint store can shoot the color with a camera and mix it for you to match if they don't already have a formula. Most of the Axalta (DuPont) stores carry implement paint which is substantially less than automotive paint. I used it for the "Jolly Red" on my Honda riders and it worked fine.

If you have a paint store nearby, they may bring the camera to you. Then they can shoot the ROPS or engine and mix it for you. A quart or pint of paint reduced 25-50% and a Prevail Sprayer should help with the touch up work.

Be careful with the TSC Orange... I believe it's the "Old Kubota Orange"

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Almost any auto paint store can shoot the color with a camera and mix it for you to match if they don't already have a formula. Most of the Axalta (DuPont) stores carry implement paint which is substantially less than automotive paint. I used it for the "Jolly Red" on my Honda riders and it worked fine.

I realize that, I've had color matching on vintage motorcycles before by Dupont. That don't solve the issue of rattle cam paint, only non thinned can paint which the Kubota dealer already has or should have. Retail on the blue-grey at the dealer is $12.00 for an 8 ounce spray can. I know, just bought one last week.

A web search for me nets zip.

countryguy

Equipment
L2550/FEL/BH M6060/FEL ++
Nov 23, 2018
Fenton
Just went thru this also.. MEssicks (and K dealer parts ) carry a paint chart and the paint touch up and spray... On my 60's parts look up it's section 40 .

000040 PAINT
-under here will be OEM paint colors and PN#s

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I foolishly bought filters from Meessicks a couple years ago, thought their prices were better than my dealers pricing but in reality, with shipping, they were almost the same plus they sent me the incorrect hydraulic filters and I had to return them. Lesson learned, when buying from an out of state dealer, factor in ship costs. My dealer stocks lots of parts and about every filter and he's 25 minutes away.

countryguy

Equipment
L2550/FEL/BH M6060/FEL ++
Nov 23, 2018
Fenton
I use their online lookup and parts ID and then use eBay or Amazon for free shipping. Was only noting how to quickly lookup the chart. Kubota parts online can do the same thing.

I foolishly bought filters from Meessicks a couple years ago, thought their prices were better than my dealers pricing but in reality, with shipping, they were almost the same plus they sent me the incorrect hydraulic filters and I had to return them. Lesson learned, when buying from an out of state dealer, factor in ship costs. My dealer stocks lots of parts and about every filter and he's 25 minutes away.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The closest dealer to me is 2 hour round trip, and they only stock minimal parts, the other dealer that's much bigger but still has a small stock supply is 3.5 hours round trip at 75MPH.

So for me ordering parts is just a good option all the way around, The little shipping costs (most of the time it's free because I make large orders) is quite acceptable! ;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I just bought mine off eBay.. 12$ a can I think and it seems to match just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what my dealer charges for the exact same cans. No taxor shipping either.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The closest dealer to me is 2 hour round trip, and they only stock minimal parts, the other dealer that's much bigger but still has a small stock supply is 3.5 hours round trip at 75MPH.

So for me ordering parts is just a good option all the way around, The little shipping costs (most of the time it's free because I make large orders) is quite acceptable! ;)
Understandable. I have a dealer to the south and one to the north but I prefer the dealer to the north because we do everything on a handshake. The dealer to the south is more of a suburban oriented dealer. Not too many large orange tractors here, mostly green

Just had a friend move from Idaho to Knoxville and not for a jib either. I think it was the remotness that got to him.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Now Sidecar, there are a few folks between Idaho and Knoxville! Why did he REALLY go to Knoxville?:D
Honestly, don't know, never asked. I would take Idaho over Michigan here because I love to hunt but I'm stuck here because of the land we own.

I know he sold his house in Idaho and went to Knoxville without a job, I'd never do that if I wasn't retired and he isn't.

Knoxville isn't my idea of utopia by a long shot.

People do strange things.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Now Sidecar, there are a few folks between Idaho and Knoxville! Why did he REALLY go to Knoxville?:D
I remember some years back, Amy wanted to visit Dollywood so I loaded the truck camper and off we went. Only thing I remember about that area is the traffic (bad) and how slow the people are down there....and everything is plastic too, I was not impressed in the slightest. Not sure Amy was either. Now I've travelled the Blue Ridge Parkway before and it's a nice drive on a motorcycle. However, live down there, no way. I'm a yankee at heart. Amy is into that country music, I'm not. To me, Johnny Cash is money for a pay toilet.:eek: