2012 L3800 seat question

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
L3800DT/FEL/BH77 and others
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
Greetings All,

I have a seat problem. My wife to be is 5' even and has some difficulty staying in the seat of the L3800 without the seat safety cutoff turning off the engine. The seat is adjusted into the most forward position (that's where I use it-5'8"). Of course the seatbelt keeps her in the seat, but then limits her ability to effectively reach the pedals- thus, she often will not use the seatbelt (drives only on flat ground to the slash pile) and she can't sit back in the seat. If others have similar concerns, could you explain how you fixed it. I am wondering if there is a different seat that could be used. Your input is appreciated.

Cheers,
IDK

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I guess someone has to ask....but let me mention my girl friend is 5' also but with an 'ample buttocks' she is pushed ahead in the seat quite abit.....therefore reaching the peddles better. But if your wife isn't blessed with a big booty...perhaps a cushion/lawnchair pad might help.
My sister delivers mail and uses large rubber bands to strap wooden blocks to the peddles to make them taller and easier to reach. Just a thought also...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Check under the seat for adjustments other than the slider. The B7100 have three places to mount the seat to get it farther forward.
If it does not have any other adjustments and it has a bolt on seat, Big R has several seats that might work better for her.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im with the wolf on this pull the seat off and look for some closer mounting holes it might behoove you to drill a few if there are none, and remember,,,
When Mama aint happy aint nobody happy

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
L3800DT/FEL/BH77 and others
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
Thank you for the seat adjustment information. The l3800 has an additional forward adjustable set of holes as suggested. I think that the 2 inches should do the trick. However, the additional set of bolt holes only includes 3 holes instead of 4( 2 on the right side and 1 on the left side) so I will likely drill the 4th hole in the left seat bracket.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'm 6'4", and weigh in around 280 lbs. I found that often when I twist around to see what is happening behind me, the tractor quit. My 110 lb son had it quit a lot. I ended up tying off the seat switch - which I'm not real comfortable with, although I never gave a seat switch a thought on my old 185, or any other tractor I've driven that had none. Possibly you can shim the seat switch to still work, but be a little less sensitive?
I hope moving the seat ahead a little works.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
3 cheeseburgers a day for a couple months should do it. ;)

I'm 5-10 and have the seat almost all the way back. I was uncomfortable at first until I figured out the seat was adjustable...:eek: