080-3 Excavator; Need Additional Hydraulic Feed.

Mikestolarik

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Feb 14, 2022
Florence, Alabama
I installed a tilt/rotator/auto lock to my 080-3 excavator. The factory installed an A & B hydraulic feeds to the end of the boom, I need 3 hydraulic feeds.
Using a hydraulic diagram of the 080-3 hydraulic pump(which I can’t seem to locate); is there a spare hydraulic feed that I can use to feed an additional hydraulic feed to the end of the boom? Or do I have to install a dual 2 sided proportional valve and split one of the hydraulic line that are already there?
Thanks for your help

Update: 6/11/23
Thanks for everyones help. with your help, This is how I made this work.
I purchased a Hydraulic Solenoid Selector/Diverter Valve, 13 GPM, 12v DC 3,650psi, 2 lines "in" and 4 lines "out": (which is somewhat the direction suggested by PoTreeBoy). I made the purchase from Summit Hydraulics.
The valve's normal open position "A", meaning when the excavators AUX 2 is "ON", the valve will always have pressure on side "A" "out". When electrically activated (momentarily) the valve switches to the pressure from side "A" out to "B" side "out". When electricity is deactivated, the spring load valve switches the valve back to pressure side "A" "out". This relates to; Side "A" will always have pressure unless; you push a button or select a switch position position "B", the diverter moves the hydraulic pressure from side "A" to side "B". Let off the switch or toggle the diverter automatically sends pressure back to side "A" out.

Next: I ran one 12VDC lines from the cab to the base of the boom. One 12vDC line will run the diverter valve ( as described above).
The four lines coming out of the diverter are connected as such:
I want the tilt function to work all the time, so I connected the tilt function to the AUX 2 port (normally open).

I then ran the two hoses from the "B" side (normally closed) and (momentary activation side).
I then connected the two hydraulic lines to the hydraulic auto hitch.
From the dash, I then mounted and wired a three position select switch in the dash to the diverter valve. the switches position "B" is wired to a relay, powering the DIN on the diverter valve to activate the solenoid to change from side "A" to side "B" activating allowing the momentary flow to the hydraulic auto hitch activation.
I also installed two position momentary safety switch, which has to be depressed when operating the momentary hydraulics on hydraulic auto hitch (side B). If the safety switch is not pressed the auto hitch operations will not function.
Depending on which side you select side A or B you can run two hydraulic feeds off of the excavators AUX B using the joy stick.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's not the pump or the valves that's the issue, it's the rotary joint, I don't see a spare port on it.
So adding another valve wouldn't do any good, and any electrical controls are going to be problematic because of the spin.
I can't think of anyway around that???

Mikestolarik

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Feb 14, 2022
Florence, Alabama
It's not the pump or the valves that's the issue, it's the rotary joint, I don't see a spare port on it.
So adding another valve wouldn't do any good, and any electrical controls are going to be problematic because of the spin.
I can't think of anyway around that???
Spin? Do you mean the spin of the carriage or the spin of the rotary function on the attachment?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious... who made the 'roto-tilt' ? Ask them how ??
the one's I've seen/fixed only need 2 port, one to rotate/spin/swivel, the other to tilt

what's the 3rd function needed ?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Spin? Do you mean the spin of the carriage or the spin of the rotary function on the attachment?
Wolfman certainly means spin of the carriage. The issue is not having an additional port on the rotary joint. Due to the spin, using an electrically upgraded third function valve would be difficult.

But this is just my interpretation. Wolfman can speak for himself, and certainly with more knowledge than I possess on Mechanical equipment.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wolfman certainly means spin of the carriage. The issue is not having an additional port on the rotary joint. Due to the spin, using an electrically upgraded third function valve would be difficult.

But this is just my interpretation. Wolfman can speak for himself, and certainly with more knowledge than I possess on Mechanical equipment.
Yep what he said.

Mikestolarik

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Feb 14, 2022
Florence, Alabama

I guess my ignorance of excavators is preceding me. My hydraulic hoses come off the hydraulic pump an travel directly to the arm.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I'll throw one of my hare-brained ideas out there. Some guys on here have used a radio-controlled switch setup. Maybe you could use a diverter valve off another function to actuate your quick attach. Use the RC switch to actuate it. I'm guessing there's no 12v power on the boom, if not you'd have to install a battery out there and charge it periodically.

Mikestolarik

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Feb 14, 2022
Florence, Alabama
I'll throw one of my hare-brained ideas out there. Some guys on here have used a radio-controlled switch setup. Maybe you could use a diverter valve off another function to actuate your quick attach. Use the RC switch to actuate it. I'm guessing there's no 12v power on the boom, if not you'd have to install a battery out there and charge it periodically.
I have 12v to the boom. I don’t know what the switch looks like or is called. I have a hydraulic directional valve although it’s pretty big (6”x 10”x 8”)

Mikestolarik

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Feb 14, 2022
Florence, Alabama
I found a two way 12v directional valve although it's rated for 3625psi. I can't seem to find how many pis the second auxiliary hydraulics on the boom is. Can anyone help?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Here's a link where NHSleddog used a wireless to control his third function while he was off his tractor. I think he got it from Amazon or eBay. I'll keep looking.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I guess my ignorance of excavators is preceding me. My hydraulic hoses come off the hydraulic pump an travel directly to the arm.
Well they come off the valve then to the boom.
Sorry I was misleading you for some reason I had it in my head that you were working below the turn table.

You can add a valve and run a new set of lines up the boom, that is rather costly add, but can be done.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Possibly add a '3rd function' kit to one of the added lines ?
You press the 3rd fnx button to 'clamp/unclamp' the attachments.
You already have 12V on the boom, $10 4chnl RF relay would work nice.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You know, you are certainly right! The rotary joint supplies hydraulic pressure to the tracts, the blade, and in my case to the track width cylinder.

You have given me a "what was I thinking" moment for sure! LOL