Bobcat 15C Auger on MX6000 loader

ibbuckhunter

Equipment
MX6000
Dec 20, 2021
Hello all,

Still waiting on my mx6000 with loader to arrive. I'm getting the LP third Function too. I was curious if my bobcat 15C Hydraulic Auger would work on this tractor. Has anyone here tried it? I can't find the GPM specs needed for the 15C.

I understand the MX6000 is 9.5 GPM machine but not sure if all that is available on 3rd function or not .

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I had a 15C for a while and even on a standard flow skid loader it wasn't great. It worked the best on a high flow machine. I have since moved up to a 30C and run it on high flow machine. You will need to find a digger that is set up for the flow of a tractor. They do make them. I have a buddy that has a Danuser brand that clamps on to his bucket on his FEL and works well with the lower flow of a tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I have an AugerTorque that I run on my B2650. THOUSANDS of holes and counting.

It is not as strong or as fast as the one on my mini but it still beats digging by a long shot. The tractor is much lower impact on the ground than the mini and way lower impact than the skid steer.

still-drilling.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

ibbuckhunter

Equipment
MX6000
Dec 20, 2021
Has anyone used the Kubota SA20 or EA Digga? I'd like to be able to dig up to 15" holes to occasionally set telephone poles but mostly 9-12" holes for fencing.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have an AugerTorque that I run on my B2650. THOUSANDS of holes and counting.

It is not as strong or as fast as the one on my mini but it still beats digging by a long shot. The tractor is much lower impact on the ground than the mini and way lower impact than the skid steer.
Which auger drive model do you have there? These mini loader auger drives might be a good fit for the MX6000.

Earth Drill Range: For Mini Loaders » Auger Torque USA

I have a lot of holes to dig this year and I'm looking at SSQA models. The downforce generated by the loader would be a huge plus up here with this awful dirt.

Auger Torque seems to be a one-stop-shop for putting together a really nice system. Price would be in the $3500 range but quality costs.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Which auger drive model do you have there? These mini loader auger drives might be a good fit for the MX6000.

Earth Drill Range: For Mini Loaders » Auger Torque USA

I have a lot of holes to dig this year and I'm looking at SSQA models. The downforce generated by the loader would be a huge plus up here with this awful dirt.
They have changed the model numbers around - mine is an 11-1300. This came out of the mini excavator lineup.

I made the mount myself for a couple reasons. I wanted to be able to mount the drill on the top right or top left (top left gets used most of the time) for better visuals and reach. And I wanted to turn a cement mixer with the same auger motor.

I have thousands of holes with this setup and like it a lot. It isn't magic, we have a lot of rocks up here and it doesn't go through all of them, but between the reverse and downforce, it runs circles around the 3ppt pto style.

auger-cradle5.jpg

drum.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
They have changed the model numbers around - mine is an 11-1300. This came out of the mini excavator lineup.

I made the mount myself for a couple reasons. I wanted to be able to mount the drill on the top right or top left (top left gets used most of the time) for better visuals and reach. And I wanted to turn a cement mixer with the same auger motor.

I have thousands of holes with this setup and like it a lot. It isn't magic, we have a lot of rocks up here and it doesn't go through all of them, but between the reverse and downforce, it runs circles around the 3ppt pto style.
Excellent setup you have there and great work on the SSQA frame. I have a 5 cu.ft. 10hp Honda driven concrete mixer so don't need that feature. I have no interest in a 3-point system for a number of reasons but have been looking at SSQA models since last February. It looks like one of the low flow skidsteer auger drives or mini loader drives would be good.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
@NHSleddog, it looks like you have four way swing on your setup .... is that correct? I'd want that feature.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
@NHSleddog, it looks like you have four way swing on your setup .... is that correct? I'd want that feature.
Yes is spins in any direction with gravity pulling it down plum. I can also use the cradle to "force" the direction.

I did a job with the auger/mixer last summer I will never forget.

A beautiful home with 400' of river frontage about 1200ft from the house. He wanted a nice gazebo beside the river. No truck or trailer access to the river.

We drilled the 11 holes for the tubes and then using the tractor and mixer we mixed the cement at the pallet left in his driveway (1200+ft away), then drove the batch down and dumped it in the tubes.

One thing that isn't obvious looking at the mount is I can drive the batch to where I need it and dump it right into the form.

I also added a wireless remote control for my 3rd function valve.

kubota-wireless.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You have quite the setup. I pull the concrete mixer around behind the tractor with water in jugs in the bucket along with bags of Quickcrete or similar. I've set steel poles in the ground hundreds of yards away from the house without much trouble at all.

I spoke with a salesman at Auger Torque today and am going to put together a "kit" and get a price.

Last edited:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO