B6100 / B7100 Front end loader

b6100e

Equipment
New FEL 48" Blower
Jan 14, 2012
Windber, Pennsylvania
Hello all, new to posting on here but have been running to OTT for a good while now for info. I just wrapped up the install of a new loader tonight and heres my story and thoughts: I wasnt in the market for a tractor, but diesel's sure do make cool noise. LOL . I ran into a pretty good deal on a 1000 hour b6100e with a blower hanging on the back and sure enough it ended up sitting in the garage by the end of the week. The more i played with the tractor (painting, cleaning, giving it long over-due maintainence) it was pretty clear I'd get far more use out of it with a FEL. I started reading on here and happened to find tons of other guys in my shoes, is it really worth throwing $5k into a FEL on a tractor only worth half that? Local kubota dealer flat out told me, just junk my "worthless" 2 wheel drive tractor and buy a new BX and get in on some great financing! Fed up i went digging deeper and came across COLDWATER TRACTORS, contacted them and they quoted me $2250 shipped for everything ready to install. Well i pondered this for a few weeks and came close to buying a newer tractor with a FEL but at the end of the day I'd still be spending far more money. So, all that being said three weeks ago I called Coldwater up and ordered a loader. I picked it up from the fed-ex depot last night and went to work bolting it on to my 6100. Installation was a breeze, hardest part was the heavy lifting of picking the mount bracket up to the tractor. Everything went together easy, they even included the bolts and fittings to finish the job. I finished it up this evening, topped of my hydro fluid, fired the tractor up and the injector driven hydro pump does a mighty fine job of running the loader, its not super fast but its a million times better than a shovel. Checked everything for leaks(none) and took it outside and played for an hour or so just moving snow piles around and what not. Over-all everything is sized good to the machine and bolted up easy enough. Also the guys at Coldwater actually answer their phones, have tons of tractor knowledge, and answered any question I threw at em' during my pre-buy process and installation. I'll post up a few pictures as soon as i get time. Just figured I'd throw my 2 cents out for all of the guys that are up in the air on buying or upgrading to an FEL.

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
That is sooooo funny.
I hadn't read this and I had just called them back today after not buying one last year. No price increase, wow.
Any way I am sooooo glad that you posted this.
I plan on getting one and I was wondering how it would work.
Thanks!
KC

b6100e

Equipment
New FEL 48" Blower
Jan 14, 2012
Windber, Pennsylvania
Just an update: Ran 3-4 hours onto the hour meter this weekend, pushing snowpiles around and looking for trouble to get into with the FEL, everything is working great and being 2 wheel drive doesnt seem to affect the tractors over-all performance. I'll post some pictures and maybe even a video here in a few days. Now onto buying some new turfs, hmmm.....

b6100e

Equipment
New FEL 48" Blower
Jan 14, 2012
Windber, Pennsylvania
Got the chance to take some pictures, if anyone needs specific pictures and full size just PM me and I can take what ever shots you need. Only real complaint, its not much of one but; thier paint job isnt anything to write home about, but thats easy fixed by a fresh Kubota orange base coat/clear coat job and some Kubota decals and maybe even some 1640 decals ;)...

DSCN0946resize.jpg

DSCN0951resize.jpg

DSCN0944resize.jpg

DSCN0940resize.jpg

b6100e

Equipment
New FEL 48" Blower
Jan 14, 2012
Windber, Pennsylvania
Just updating this post, 10 plus hours on the loader now and everything is working great. Power steering would be nice, but s++t in one hand and wish in the other,:D although I've used machines that were much harder to steer. Still giving it two thumbs up.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Gotta love the dealers answer....
Forget that junk, buy this tractor for 60 easy payments on $399 a month!

I'm a sales guy (radio) and its a tough business, especially when other sales people give terrible buying advice.

Great job and a slick looking ride.
I like the black loader, get a nice 2 tone effect.

Terry B

Jul 13, 2012
Edgar,Wi.
Hey there. Also a new member, and on the same subject. Last year I bought a 1980 B7100HST. Tractor runs like a charm so for a winter project we decided to fabricate a fel for it. Almost complete but having a little trouble figuring out how to run hydraulics from tractor to fel control levers. It does seem to have a junction box for hydraulics on side of tractor. Any help appreciated. Will load pictures when complete. Terry B

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Try to keep my options open for future..... another thread pointed me here. Looks like this option may no longer be available. Coldwater Tractor seems to no longer be in business....... least not by that name. :(

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Try to keep my options open for future..... another thread pointed me here. Looks like this option may no longer be available. Coldwater Tractor seems to no longer be in business....... least not by that name. :(
Well well well... for shiats an grins I called the number I found and TADA....... they are in business. They pulled down their website cause they are so busy and cause too many calls were coming in for items they don't sell (tractor parts). All they sell/manufacture is loaders etc. Supposedly they use Tube instead of flat plate for strength and nearly double the wall thickness metal in their units compared to what most other after market companies use. They are made to be Functional...... not pretty. Cost around 1800 bucks. Good price?

Coldwater Tractor (AfterMarket loaders for older tractors, presently no website)
36zero 5three2 713one
3six0 five33 2one60

Also thru another thread in here found that leon Manufacturing makes Aftermarket loaders for our older Bota's I don't know pricing
http://www.leonsmfg.com/

Newly Mentioned is http://www.bushhog.com/catalog/loaders/ but appear to be more on the high end dollar and cents wise.

Last edited: