fueling up

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
That would be great if it had a 12 volt pump that would pump the fuel up to the tractor. I just use a 5 gallon diesel fuel can.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
That reminds me, I am about empty in the L3301. I have a giant funnel and just dump the diesel in, though I find the location of the filler a bit awkward as compared to my previous rear tank on my old 2105. I also find the 3301 uses quite a bit more fuel..... still not much at all of course but the little 2105 was ridiculous in how little it used, so I got spoiled. then again, the 3301 does a lot more work so I can't really quibble. I always try to keep some non road taxed diesel handy for the tractor, most areas have it but you have to look for it, yeah I'm that cheap.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have a 12v pump with a 3/4" hose -- great for filling 55 gallon drums, but a bit touchy for filling a 2 gallon tractor tank.

I tried a cheap D-cell powered transfer pump, and it was ok but the battery connections were intermittent after a while and the rigid shaft did not work well with some fuel cans.

I have replaced it with this "TeraPump" unit: https://www.amazon.ca/TeraPump-TRFA01-001-Generation-Battery-Transfer/dp/B01IWCP7XC

No problems with heavy D-cells crushing battery connections, no problem with various size and shaped fuel tanks. An added bonus is the auto-shut off -- wires in the discharge tube lead to some sort of switch or sensor in the "nozzle" and it kills power to the pump when the tank is full. I've only had it 4 or 5 months, so I can't guaranty it's longevity, but so far I've been quite pleased.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Just purchased this two weeks ago, haven't used it yet, manual pump, nice capacity. Plan to take it in pick up to station for fill-ups. Lift in and out w/ FEL Would caution use of fuel from oil furnace tank. This oil sits much of the year, oil grows bacteria and becomes stagnant, furnace doesn't care, tractor might.

Last edited:

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I use 5 gallon cans I set on the hood, on top of a large kneeling pad.
I then use one of those kerosene hand / siphon pump which are commonly used for kerosene heaters. Set it on the hood, stick or clamp the hose to the gas hole and give it a couple of pumps. I wait until it is near empty and it will empty all but a few ounces of the can without me being there to watch it. I thought about a pump and a larger can but it is so fuel efficient I'm not filling it that often.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Not much more I dislike than fueling with 5 gallon cans. Years ago I put a transfer tank with 12v commercial pump and filter in my pickup truck bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Harbor Freight 12V pump in a 55 gallon plastic drum. Plugs into tractopr for power and works very nice. I was tired of staning on the front tire with 5 gallon jugs.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
For the first time I have one of those jiggle syphon starters, the ones with a ball and a spring in the end. I always thought real men know how to start a syphon, those gadgets were for losers.....but I now have to say I like it. I tied my 5 gallon jerry jug to the FEL arm, raised it higher then the fuel tank, jiggled the hose a few times and then went and did something else for 10 minutes. Easy peasy, and not a drop spilled. Even with the giant metal funnel I used in the past, I always slopped some out.

Joe Z

Equipment
B7100 Box Blade, 5' Rake, 1 tooth drag, Quick Hitch
Mar 9, 2018
Phoenix
I wish i could get mine to work.....while making the bend coming out of the container it keeps kinking over and always stops the flow....
kicking around putting an aluminum elbow on it..... that jiggler does work

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
This is what I use and it works pretty good. No spilling. The cam for holding down the fill button made a big difference in convenience. Worst part is you have to lift it on top of the tractor.
I like this setup can you provide a link to that product. Did you DIY the cam part? I can see similar spout but you need to hold the button to make it flow....

Last edited: