fueling up

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Been using a 5 gallon jug for years. The one I have has the self venting spout. Never had an issue.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Just purchased this two weeks ago, haven't used it yet, manual pump, nice capacity. Plan to take it in pick up to station for fill-ups. Lift in and out w/ FEL Would caution use of fuel from oil furnace tank. This oil sits much of the year, oil grows bacteria and becomes stagnant, furnace doesn't care, tractor might.
I have one of these, just had to tighten up the packing nut on the crank to stop a minor leak, other than that, works great.

Attachments

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
I like this setup can you provide a link to that product. Did you DIY the cam part? I can see similar spout but you need to hold the button to make it flow....
The cam part is my Rube Goldberg invention. And yes, it depresses the button so your finger doesn't fatigue while waiting for it to gurgle in. I made some extras and sent them to people with the same containers, but unfortunately I don't have any more. I do have the dxf file for the cam profile if you have access to a water jet or maybe a router. Just PM me.

laflecrp

Equipment
b3300
Jan 2, 2014
Tacoma, wa
I have a 12v pump with a 3/4" hose -- great for filling 55 gallon drums, but a bit touchy for filling a 2 gallon tractor tank.

I tried a cheap D-cell powered transfer pump, and it was ok but the battery connections were intermittent after a while and the rigid shaft did not work well with some fuel cans.

I have replaced it with this "TeraPump" unit: https://www.amazon.ca/TeraPump-TRFA01-001-Generation-Battery-Transfer/dp/B01IWCP7XC

No problems with heavy D-cells crushing battery connections, no problem with various size and shaped fuel tanks. An added bonus is the auto-shut off -- wires in the discharge tube lead to some sort of switch or sensor in the "nozzle" and it kills power to the pump when the tank is full. I've only had it 4 or 5 months, so I can't guaranty it's longevity, but so far I've been quite pleased.

This is what I use as well, they even have cheaper ones that you just insert into the fuel can and turn it on. You do have to watch the fuel level though in the tractor tank. $20 I'm cheap, that way if it goes out I am not out much. I've been using mine for a year and a half now.

https://www.amazon.com/TeraPump-TRH...=UTF8&qid=1521234053&sr=8-4&keywords=terapump

Last edited:

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I wish i could get mine to work.....while making the bend coming out of the container it keeps kinking over and always stops the flow....
kicking around putting an aluminum elbow on it..... that jiggler does work
I have a 90 degree fitting for just that reason. using the FEL to raise any fuel jug (especially one with a non optimum spout) and the jiggler is just about idiot proof and so easy. I guess the only thing would be putting 5 gallons in the tractor when you only had room for 4! But other then that it's fool proof and I can do something else while it's draining.