Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 4 Days Ago   #21
Fordtech86
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3200,la525,LP 5’bushhog,LP 5’disc,LP boxblade,2bottom plow,40 gal sprayer
Default Re: Messick's shipping. You've got to be kidding me!!!

I went to my local dealer for some maintenance items for mine, they had most in stock, but didn’t have the hoses. Special ordered them and no freight was added. They are also a stihl dealer (not the dealer I bought all my stihl stuff from), but while I was there I needed a stihl part. They looked it up, gave me the price, I said get it. After I paid for the in stock kubota stuff and prepaid the special order kubota and stihl parts another parts guy said there was a freight charge for stihl parts ($15 I think it was). I was never charged the freight though.

I work in the auto world and as far as Ford goes we do daily orders and parts delivered next day if they are in our closest warehouse. Mazda gets ordered 3 times a week and same thing if its in our closest warehouse its next day delivery. No freight charges passed on to customer (I’m sure its worked into the sale price somehow). Only major assemblies like engines and transmissions are charged freight.
Fordtech86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 4 Days Ago   #22
Boatman
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota L2800, Kubota BX1870

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAP View Post
If you don’t need it right away, order it on the weekly stock order at your local dealership and it will be cheaper.

I tried this with my most local dealer. The parts guy laughed and said everybody pays freight. Doesn't matter if it's a single customer item or comes in with the dealers stock order.

I drive another 15 miles to get my parts now and haven't been charged freight on anything from them.
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #23
whitetiger
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Some Blue, some Red &Gray, some Orange.. .. now a Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK54

Kubota does not charge freight on stock orders shipped to the dealer location. Some dealers are still charging their customers for freight that they got for free. Now if the dealer has to ship to the customer, there should be a competitive charge.
whitetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #24
mike paulson
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Doesn't it seem like businesses just wanna nonchalantly pull money right out of your pocket lately
mike paulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #25
Daveinwestmi

Equipment: B2650

Another profit center and a big one. With the amount of shipping they due, think 500 or more packages a day they get a substantial discount off the UPS and Fedex published rates. Even US Mail is discounted to volume shippers.
Daveinwestmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #26
Dae06
2nd Yr. Apprentice

I have always been happy with my local dealer, but in this situation they didn***8217;t have the part and the warehouse they get parts from didn***8217;t either. So I had to search elsewhere. I definitely prefer my dealer, they have never treated me unfair..
Dae06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #27
lugbolt
Journeyman

Equipment: G1900-S with RC54-G20

They do get a discount.

But it's not as much as you'd think.

Stock orders are free freight, correct. IF you can wait, sometimes during offseason there isn't a stock order but once every so often (maybe every 4 days, maybe every 4 weeks). They have a minimum order to get free freight on stock orders. If minimum is not met, they get RAPED on the shipping, usually LTL plus line item charges.

Yes they're charging shipping. No they don't have much choice if the dealer wants to survive. Put the blame wherever you want but the simple fact is that when any business has an increase in cost they're gonna pass it on.

The auto industry, there is usually a warehouse every hundred-fifty miles or so, so orders are fast and cheap. Kubota aint got that luxury, the main distribution center is in KC, and supplies the other 3 or 4 warehouses nationwide.
lugbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #28
D2Cat

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugbolt View Post
They do get a discount.

But it's not as much as you'd think.

Stock orders are free freight, correct. IF you can wait, sometimes during offseason there isn't a stock order but once every so often (maybe every 4 days, maybe every 4 weeks). They have a minimum order to get free freight on stock orders. If minimum is not met, they get RAPED on the shipping, usually LTL plus line item charges.

Yes they're charging shipping. No they don't have much choice if the dealer wants to survive. Put the blame wherever you want but the simple fact is that when any business has an increase in cost they're gonna pass it on.

The auto industry, there is usually a warehouse every hundred-fifty miles or so, so orders are fast and cheap. Kubota aint got that luxury, the main distribution center is in KC, and supplies the other 3 or 4 warehouses nationwide.
And that sentence I put in red is a good reason to purchase from Coleman store in Bonner Springs, Ks. From them to Kubota in Gardner. Ks is 26 miles. They get items quickly.

"Remember the quality of your question directly affects the quality of your answer."
D2Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #29
AllDodge
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9540 RTV1100

No different then CAT, they have several warehouses and have trucks going from each to the dealers once a week, yet they still charge freight unless its an item they normally stock at that dealer
AllDodge is offline   Reply With Quote