Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tractor Operating

Tractor Operating Wondering what that strange lever does, how to safely hill climb or get into 4WD? Discover and share how to get the most out of your tractor.

Old 1 Week Ago   #11
rjcorazza
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD331
Default Re: 4x4 lever Grand L 60 series is hard to engage / disengage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk96 View Post
I'm still waiting on my manual for my L6060 from the dealer so was not aware as others mentioned that it should not be engaged while moving. I've been engaging or disengaging on the move making sure all tires are moving at the same speed. It moves in and out effortlessly so I'm not seeing any harm done. Obviously you would not want to do this if the rears are already slipping and not moving in sync with the fronts.

I got a pdf operators manual off the internet, but also the hard copy upon delivery.
I mark up the PDF with notes, check off maintenance, filter location, etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rjcorazza is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
Fordtech86
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3200,la525,LP 5’bushhog,LP 5’disc,LP boxblade,2bottom plow,40 gal sprayer

May be irrelevant to your tractor, but on mine sometimes driving straight it will go in or out easy, sometimes turning the wheel (seems like turning left is easier but don’t see why that matters), and some times acellerating with foot throttle hard then pushing in clutch and shifting on decel makes it smooth. I know totally different machine and mine is gear drive, just my experience.
Fordtech86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
sheepfarmer

Equipment: L3560, John Deere Gator, Ingersoll mower, Ford 8N tractor that is a little young

Had occasion to run the L3560 yesterday and it had been in 4wd for weeks. To get it out after going forward and finding the lever difficult to move, I backed up a smidge and it shifted right away easy.
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
jk96
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepfarmer View Post
Had occasion to run the L3560 yesterday and it had been in 4wd for weeks. To get it out after going forward and finding the lever difficult to move, I backed up a smidge and it shifted right away easy.
I had so many problems with my Case 55C front end I'm almost paranoid about using FWD on this tractor. Only been using on hills or when needed and then right back to 2WD.
jk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
sheepfarmer

Equipment: L3560, John Deere Gator, Ingersoll mower, Ford 8N tractor that is a little young

The life of this tractor is largely carrying bucket loads of manure out to a compost pile which is down in a low spot, need I say more?