Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
eserv
Journeyman

Equipment: BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
Default Re: Kubota's with Roof Mounted A/C system

Quote:
Originally Posted by torch View Post
I tried it once with a car (01 Buick Regal). It was OK, but subjectively I felt it was not as efficient as R134a, and I converted back a year later.

HC is a lot easier for the backyard mechanic to get his hands on up here north of the border in Ontario. The small cans of R134a have been banned and they are starting to crack down on buying the 30# cylinders without an HVAC license.
I have Duracool in my 1996 GMC full size van. Cools great! only problem is that the engine idles to fast with the AC on now where it didn't before. High side pressure is considerably less with HC
eserv is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12
SidecarFlip

Master Tech

Equipment: M9000HDCC3 / M105X / M9000HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugbolt View Post
Take the roof off and put some reflective insulation panels on the bottom of it. That helps. Ceramic tint is supposed to work very well, though I haven't tried it (yet). Look at 3M tint products. 3M is usually a step above the other brands, but it's also the most expensive and for that, places that do window tint usually don't carry it. 3M advertises their top of the line "tint" (I think there's some clear film) that blocks 95% of UV and a big percentage of IR. I'd like to try it if I can find anyone to install it. I just can't do it. Have tried and failed several times and don't trust myself anymore.

With those pressures I'd like to think there's still some air in the system. That tractor should be in the mid 60's after running a few hours even out in the heat.

I forget where the reflective panels came from but it was self-adhesive. People raved about how well it worked. I have to put a headliner in my car and if I can find out what the stuff is, I am planning on putting that stuff on the car too. It's a/c works ok but the car is dark colored, old, and currently has no clearcoat so it's interior temps get up around 200 degrees if it's sitting out in the sun all day (and it does on a daily basis). The rear view mirror's ball swivel actually melted and was dangling on the wire harness when I went to get into the car after work yesterday.
I think you can buy Reflectix adhesive backed and I know Farm-Tek sells their own brand with adhesive backing but it was just as easy for me to use 3M spray contact adhesive applied to the underside of the roof and stick on pre cut to size Reflectix panels. My largest improvement came from installing a WOG valve in the coolant line to the roof. Don't matter is it's in the feed or return, just so long as it stops the flow of hot coolant and is accessable for cold weather use.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #13
chim
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L4240HSTc with FEL, L3200 HST, FEL, RFM, etc.Ford 1210

Here's the discharge temp on my 4240 with the door set for recirc. It's about 4 degrees warmer with the door set for fresh air. I had planned on gluing that foil bubble insulation in the roof, but never got around to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC Temp small.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	44468  
chim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
SidecarFlip

Master Tech

Equipment: M9000HDCC3 / M105X / M9000HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim View Post
Here's the discharge temp on my 4240 with the door set for recirc. It's about 4 degrees warmer with the door set for fresh air. I had planned on gluing that foil bubble insulation in the roof, but never got around to it.
Careful with the discharge temp, you are pushing a frozen up condition...

I forgot to add that the one modification that I did that made the biggest impact on cab cooling was the addition of a WOG valve in the heater circuit. Almost every one of the neater control valves leak a bit of hot coolant so the ac is always fighting hot coolant.