Where do I connect hydraulic lines for backhoe L2501

Joel K

Equipment
L2501
Nov 22, 2018
Bay City MI
Purchased a used backhoe and need to know where to connect hydraulic lines on my L2501. It has a loader and all three ports on the valve block are used for the loader. Do I tee off from those lines? Or from the control valve block? If anyone has pictures please share. Backhoe is a prairie dog in very good shape. Need to build a subframe for it.

Thanks.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Purchased a used backhoe and need to know where to connect hydraulic lines on my L2501. It has a loader and all three ports on the valve block are used for the loader. Do I tee off from those lines? Or from the control valve block? If anyone has pictures please share. Backhoe is a prairie dog in very good shape. Need to build a subframe for it.

Thanks.
You can not tee off of any of the lines. I can share how mine is plumbed, but i don’t what your hoe is like. Mine is the kubota hoe.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You would take Power Beyond from the loader control, take that to the BH, then return of the BH back to the PB of the FEL.

It's all got to be a loop.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Is it a Kubota Backhoe? If so, get a copy of the owners manual for the backhoe. It will have the installation instructions, including how to plumb up the hydraulics.

Joel K

Equipment
L2501
Nov 22, 2018
Bay City MI
It's not a Kubota backhoe however the hydraulics will essentially be hooked up in the same manner. I cannot find an owners manual for the bh77 that shows the hydraulic connections on the tractor. I know there is a power beyond on the loader controls and possibly one on the valve block next to the relief valve. Not sure where an open tank valve is. Looks like one next to the 3 point drop rate valve. I need pictures of a current bh77 setup

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
It's not a Kubota backhoe however the hydraulics will essentially be hooked up in the same manner. I cannot find an owners manual for the bh77 that shows the hydraulic connections on the tractor. I know there is a power beyond on the loader controls and possibly one on the valve block next to the relief valve. Not sure where an open tank valve is. Looks like one next to the 3 point drop rate valve. I need pictures of a current bh77 setup
I will be out at my property tomorrow and I can try to send you photos of my BH77 setup. I will also check through the owners manual to see what it lists for connections

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The loader valve will have a line to the tank or reservoir.

That is one place you could install a tee to provide a tank path for the hoe.

Dave

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The loader valve will have a line to the tank or reservoir.

That is one place you could install a tee to provide a tank path for the hoe.

Dave
Remove line "C" and install new hose from line c fitting on loader valve to inlet on backhoe. run outlet from backhoe to "B" port on power beyond plate. If the backhoe has a "tank line" tee it into the "C" port on power beyond plate. ALL done!!

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The Hoe will NOT use return or tank if it only has 2 lines!

It will use PB in and PB out!

It's a loop!

If you used PB out and tank, everything down the line, like the three point will fail to work at all and you would not be able to build any system pressure for the FEL because you would be bypassing the pressure relief valve.

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The Hoe will NOT use return or tank!

It's a loop!

If you used PB out and tank, everything down the line, like the three point will fail to work at all and you would not be able to build any system pressure for the FEL because you would be bypassing the pressure relief valve.
The Kubota hoes usually do have a "tank" line. But the BH77 for the L2501 doesn't.

Last edited:

Joel K

Equipment
L2501
Nov 22, 2018
Bay City MI
The Hoe will NOT use return or tank if it only has 2 lines!

It's a loop!

So basically I will remove the current pb line, connect to the pb on the loader vlave under the right foot rest to the backhoe. Then return to the other pb to the loader control up top?

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
So basically I will remove the current pb line, connect to the pb on the loader vlave under the right foot rest to the backhoe. Then return to the other pb to the loader control up top?
If you remove the PB line then oil must flow from the loader valve to the backhoe then back to the "C" port (PB) on the plate under the foot rest. This makes the oil travel through the loader valve then to the backhoe valve then to the TPH .

Joel K

Equipment
L2501
Nov 22, 2018
Bay City MI
If you remove the PB line then oil must flow from the loader valve to the backhoe then back to the "C" port (PB) on the plate under the foot rest. This makes the oil travel through the loader valve then to the backhoe valve then to the TPH .
Ok that makes sense. Time to go purchase the hydraulic hoses.

Joel K

Equipment
L2501
Nov 22, 2018
Bay City MI

Another question. When the backhoe is removed can the lines be "dead ended" or will I need to connect them to keep a loop?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Power beyond hose that will feed the back hoe.

The hose that was originally from the loader valve to this port is removed. This is where your return from the hoe will attach.

Hose with the red cap is the long hose from the loader valve that feeds the back hoe. Has a male fitting on it, the short return hose has the female end of the disconnect.

And as they have said you must loop the system when back hoe removed.

Sorry for the dirty pics. I can get more if you need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joel K

Equipment
L2501
Nov 22, 2018
Bay City MI
That helps thank you very much. After the last few texts I figured it out and the pictures verify everything. I will post pics of the install when done.