What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fast*st

Equipment
M7040, L2900, F550 ford, Yanmar vio70 excavator, Case 580, JD 350 dozer, JD 644E
Jun 26, 2012
Northern Mass
Today I got my forward 20" and rear facing 12" LEDs mounted and wired up.
Hey on those LED's how do you like them at night? we have a 7040 where the dealer put some cheezy oval halogen lights on the top of the cab facing forward and well, the light output is pretty dismal, the headlights do a nice job but wondering how the LED's perform in your observation.

CFDWheeler

Aug 26, 2013
Grant Co, Ky
Hey on those LED's how do you like them at night? we have a 7040 where the dealer put some cheezy oval halogen lights on the top of the cab facing forward and well, the light output is pretty dismal, the headlights do a nice job but wondering how the LED's perform in your observation.
Honestly, I haven't even tested the tractor lights at night yet, but I run the same lights on both my Polaris Ranger and RZR, and they are flat out BRIGHT! They turn night into day. It is incredible how much light they put out, and they are getting cheaper every week. Best mod you could do to anything you operate at night. Side facing lights are next, if I ever feel the need for them.

BearBIA

Equipment
"07" MX5000 4WD
Apr 5, 2014
Mansfield, Ar.
I finally finished bush hoggin a 40 acre paddock. It took me 40 hours....never been used as pasture, trees were cleared about ten years ago and then ignored. Lots of rocks, stumps and old barbed wire. I'm on my second cutter BTW... I love my Kubota, after the 240 hours of abuse it took with my idiot brother in-law, I really can't see getting anything else. Oh, Tractor's name is "BUDDA".:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I PAID IT OFF YEAHHHHHHH,, now time to looking at a new one,,,:rolleyes:

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Just replaced the hydraulic pump on my backhoe. For some time I have had to have the PTO on high speed and engine RPM's over 2000 to achieve normal control. Just like brakes on a car. They loose efficiency so gradually that you only realize how bad they were after they are replaced.

Justacafe

Equipment
L4310
Apr 5, 2014
Madison, wi
On my L4310 with just over 2000 hours, I changed the transmission fluid today. Everything went fine, except the left side (suction?) filter will not loosen up. Both the new and old filters have little notches at the end that screws in. The old filter is so tight, and I've tried everything including the standard filter wrench.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Skip44

Equipment
Jeeps, L2900, FEL, tiller, brush hog,post hole drill, rock rake
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
Did you try a strap wrench? I have one with a rubber strap that works magic.

Skip

Justacafe

Equipment
L4310
Apr 5, 2014
Madison, wi
Did you try a strap wrench? I have one with a rubber strap that works magic.

Skip
Thanks.....I have the 'standard' metal wrench that's always seemed to work in the past on my other vehicles. I'm going out today and get both the 'strap' and the metal chain wrench at Sears. Might have to use a small length of pipe for leverage.

Skip44

Equipment
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
I wish that I had seen this earlier, Sears is where I got the strap wrench with the rubber strap. Either way let us know how things work out.

Skip

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
I finally got to get out the garden area, and ripped out the remaining bushes. Was smiling ear to ear the entire time riding.

One thing I hate more than shoveling snow is raking (the front lawn). There has to be an easier way, but it is pretty small area (<10k sqf).

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
I pushed 65 tons of pit run rock over an edge today, filling in a sloped hill to make a 35 yd. pistol range. This is the 28th. dump truck load i've pushed out, and after today it looks like I'm going to need at least 12 more loads. Good thing I work for a rock quarry about 200 yds away...
Stuck oil filter ? Slam your biggest screw driver all the way thru it and twist her off !

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I pushed 65 tons of pit run rock over an edge today, filling in a sloped hill to make a 35 yd. pistol range. This is the 28th. dump truck load i've pushed out, and after today it looks like I'm going to need at least 12 more loads. Good thing I work for a rock quarry about 200 yds away...
Stuck oil filter ? Slam your biggest screw driver all the way thru it and twist her off !
Send some of that rock my way I could use it! ;)
And I'll second the screwdriver method! :cool:

Skip44

Equipment
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
Justacafe, yes I have done the same thing with a hammer and a chisel on stuck bolts/nuts. I have also used the "drive the screwdriver through" the filter method. I don't like using it because I have had the end of the filter rip off. Also you can introduce foreign material into the oil system. Of course sometimes you have no chose. So you do what you have to.

Skip

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Not much on working on the tractor today, but went the open house today at my local Kubota dealer. Lots of fun, food, and of course, tons and tons of orange! Here's some pics of it!

Attachments