Cant get started

db1414

Equipment
Bx2350
Mar 14, 2024
Petersburg ky
I was getting my bx2350 ready for spring and it started right up after winter. I cleaned up the battery cables and topped off the battery with distilled water. Then it would not start , totally dead. I charged the battery to full charge, still nothing. I took the battery to 2 separate places and they both said it was a good battery. After doing some investigating as to whether a battery showing full charge could still be bad, I went and bought a new battery. Still nothing except, a beeping sound when I turn on the flashing lights. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I was getting my bx2350 ready for spring and it started right up after winter. I cleaned up the battery cables and topped off the battery with distilled water. Then it would not start , totally dead. I charged the battery to full charge, still nothing. I took the battery to 2 separate places and they both said it was a good battery. After doing some investigating as to whether a battery showing full charge could still be bad, I went and bought a new battery. Still nothing except, a beeping sound when I turn on the flashing lights. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Bad ground contact on tractor end of battery cable?

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you are referring to where it's attached to the tractor frame , it seems tight
Tight does not mean a good connection.
Take it off clean the connection and reconnect.

Reactions: 1 users

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
on my b7800 I have to make sure the pto lever is off the forward reverse pedal centered, possible seat switch, and on mine the HST clutch pedal must be depressed to start.

Reactions: 1 user

db1414

Equipment
Bx2350
Mar 14, 2024
Petersburg ky
on my b7800 I have to make sure the pto lever is off the forward reverse pedal centered, possible seat switch, and on mine the HST clutch pedal must be depressed to start.
I greased the fitting on the forward reverse pedal. Is it possible that I overdid it and got grease on something electrical?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You have a BX,,,,,,,,, jiggle the PTO lever,, not that I have ever had to do anything like that

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Two different persons checked the battery and reported that it was good, and you still bought a new one? I hate to say this, but, I fear that your stubbornness is going to get in the way of your resolving this problem. You need to make sure that all safety switches are in their neutral place, and you need to remove the grounding bolt, clean underneath it and the cable end, and reinstall it. Then if it still doesn't start, you will need a test light to check for power at the starter. If no power to the starter, then look for the main fuse that might be blown. When attempting to diagnose a problem you have to be methodical and check each item and only after you have determined that what you just checked isn't the problem. I know that some owners manuals have a check list of things to check when you have a no-start issue. I would start with the owners manual if you have access to the one for your tractor.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If you know how to do it, use one of the good batteries and jumper cables going directly to the starter and see if the starter will crank the motor. I am being very vague about the process intentionally so if you don’t know how to do it I wouldn’t provide enough information for you to try and do it. It is not something that is really very safe to do.

db1414

Equipment
Bx2350
Mar 14, 2024
Petersburg ky
If you know how to do it, use one of the good batteries and jumper cables going directly to the starter and see if the starter will crank the motor. I am being very vague about the process intentionally so if you don’t know how to do it I wouldn’t provide enough information for you to try and do it. It is not something that is really very safe to do.
Thanks

db1414

Equipment
Bx2350
Mar 14, 2024
Petersburg ky
Two different persons checked the battery and reported that it was good, and you still bought a new one? I hate to say this, but, I fear that your stubbornness is going to get in the way of your resolving this problem. You need to make sure that all safety switches are in their neutral place, and you need to remove the grounding bolt, clean underneath it and the cable end, and reinstall it. Then if it still doesn't start, you will need a test light to check for power at the starter. If no power to the starter, then look for the main fuse that might be blown. When attempting to diagnose a problem you have to be methodical and check each item and only after you have determined that what you just checked isn't the problem. I know that some owners manuals have a check list of things to check when you have a no-start issue. I would start with the owners manual if you have access to the one for your tractor.
The reason I bought another battery. It's because I did a little research. That said that a battery could still test full but not have enough cranking to start the tractor. I thought that I had possibly ruined the other battery by not charging it before I put the distilled water in . Thanks for your suggestions.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Normally a good battery test will check not only for voltage but starting amperage too. ;)

Very little to anything can stop these from getting started, Unless you installed the battery backwards, it's happen to a lot of us.
If you did, it normally will pop a main fuse and you'll need to fix that. (red)
Check the rest of the fuses too as a 5amp OPC fuse will leave you dead in the water too.

1710470901137.png

Your model also has 2 main ground cables so make sure you check both.

1710470780208.png

dclauria

Equipment
Kubota L4060HSTC, L4479 snowblower, EA 60" grapple, LP GS2584, LP BB2572
Jan 1, 2022
Northern Michigan
My low voltage solenoid connector on the starter gets loose. I just have to touch it and it will turn over and start.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
need more information....

" Still nothing except, a beeping sound when I turn on the flashing lights

Are you saying that nothing happens to the dash when key is turned on ? lights don't flash, gauges don't move ?
headlights don't come on ?
turn signals don't work ?
fuel pump doesn't pulse ?
Hour meter doesn't come on ?
Glow plug light doesn't come on ?

My BX23s has never 'beeped' in 6 years.

Before 'jumping' with another battery, find the cause of the dash not lighting up/ lights not coming on first. I suspect one of both battery cables are internally corroded. When they go bad,they won't allow CURRENT to pass. You'll see 12 volts at the fuse but no CURRENT can flow.

someone posted the BXseries wiring in the electrical section. Download that,use as a guide as to troubleshoot.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
  • Haha